PDA

View Full Version : Do you keep a diary of what you eat?

SPJ
05-16-2005, 05:13 PM
This is now a popular thing to keep a journal of what you eat. Such as carbs, sodium, protein, how many cal's etc.

The doctor, the nutritionist, and even the fitness trainer all ask people to keep a log of what we eat.

What about a MA'er?

Do you keep a log of what you eat?

My diets are pretty much on a regular program with rotational regimes.

I mix Chinese cooking with some American dishes.

Sort of a mixed style eater.

A Wok, a gas stove and the microwave.

There is always a fish or other type of sea food.

Growing up in a subtropical/tropical island of Taiwan, I am used to eat variety of fruits. We always have different fruits in season all year round.

Mango and passion fruits are my favorite.

Some people prefer take vitamin tablets, gaterade sports drinks and Jing Seng tea etc.

I still enjoy the fruits over the tablets, sports bars and drinks.

What are your views?

:)

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-16-2005, 08:23 PM
i just started making a real attempt at eating healthy this year (early 2004 maybe) and i agree with food over tablets.

about once a month ill go to my fruit place and buy a ton of **** for salad that ends up equaling about 6 or 7 lbs (spinach, 3 different types of peppers, broccoli, snow peas, carrots, tomatoes, chives, banana peppers, mushrooms, cheese, some other stuff sometimes, and of course croutons/pepperoni/dressing). i eat so much salad in 4 or 5 days that i don't eat a whole lot of it the rest of the month, but man does it clean you out. i also drink a gallon or more of water a day.

i try to eat a lot of oranges, apples, strawberries, blueberries, and bananas all the time. some days i do better than others. i juice **** a couple times a week.

i have cut way back on red meat and actually prefer chicken or fish over cheap red meat now. i haven't quit eating red meat, and it would be a surprised if i ever did, but i do eat it very infrequently now and when i do it i do it right.

i never ate junk food period (cept slim jims or a fast food burger maybe) so that wasn't an issue, but it did suck cutting out table sugar from tea at first. at this point i actually prefer honey in it and i went so long without sugar period that i do allow myself to it in coffee on the rare occasions that i drink it.

i have basically cut out every bad habit that i had minus beer. i will not give up beer.

Big_Phat_Wong
05-16-2005, 11:27 PM
I've been doing some thinking about this as well. I don't keep a log or anything, but try to keep things as natural and healthy as possible. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to this kind of thing, so it's best to listen to your body, eat what feels right, etc. etc.

I'm blood type O-positive, which pretty much makes me a carnivore. Tried the vegetarian thing for about a month, and actually got sick (something which almost never happens to me).

My base starches are rice and potatoes. I also like fresh seafood, german sausages, Mongolian beef and chinese cabbage washed down with a Heineken or Becks.

What I really want is a Juice Bast4rd. It's the mother of all kitchen appliances! :D

littlelaugh
05-17-2005, 07:16 AM
Yes, I keep a diary of what I eat in my work out diary. I think it helps stay aware of what foods are good for me, which make me feel yucky etc. I used to keep a fit day log, but that was pretty time consuming although it really helps if you are trying to specifically change your eating: ie, keeping track of grams of carbs or protein.

Sometimes I eat protein bars, but it's only for emergencies. I stay away from franken foods and think that if I am eating a truly healthy diet that I shouldn't have to supplement with any vitamins etc.

Cheers,

Laugh

SevenStar
05-17-2005, 07:44 AM
I should, but don't. I may add a section for it in my training logs.

Reggie1
05-17-2005, 07:48 AM
I don't either, but I'm very strict and regimented with my eating habits. I mentally track what I've been eating for the week and only allow myself 1 'bad' day. I don't snack at random times, and eat healthy meals, so I haven't really seen the need to log my diet just yet.

Fu-Pow
05-17-2005, 01:39 PM
i i juice **** a couple times a week.

And how does that taste? :eek:

PangQuan
05-17-2005, 02:12 PM
^^ I was wondering the same thing. Is that really good for you?

bodhitree
05-17-2005, 03:38 PM
no no no no no
(they said my message was too short with one 'no' and i had to lengthen it to 10 characters, took care of that ha :p )

PangQuan
05-18-2005, 11:01 AM
ok........