PDA

View Full Version : New Southern Praying Mantis Site

Phu Le
05-17-2005, 03:13 AM
Go to:

http://www.TongLong.co.uk

It's only just gone up with a bunch of new content, plenty of Photos of Ip Shui, Ip Chee Keung...

Videos, of Southern Mantis incl clips of Sifu Paul Whitrods training videos.

It's a nice clean site with content being it's main focus.

Go take a look,

Phu Le

kismet
05-17-2005, 05:44 AM
Thanks for posting that Phu, I was getting round to posting the site but you beat me to it :P.

I have quite a lot of footage on tape (jook lum, chow gar, chu gar) that i will be putting up time permitting. Just takes a while to capture from vhs to pc and edit it, and then convert that for the web while also thinking about webspace, bandwidth and quality! and juggling training, work, famly, friends gf..oh and more training.. :D.

But primarily i want it to be a resource that focuses on content (articles, images, video) for hakka / mantis / those people interested in learning more.

It would be nice if other forum members could contribute if they wanted. Writing articles about their family style / history / training / their training in mantis how they got into it? Just some ideas.

Donating images and clips would be cool!! If anyone wants to help / is interested / can be bothered ;) ... please do email me mantis@tonglong.co.uk ... also if anyone can mention some southern mantis links i can reciprocate with that i dont have already.

Would be great to get some info / footage of mantis arts like iron ox , chi gar, 13 roads, beggars hand too...

Regards

Nish

One Finger Zen
05-18-2005, 12:16 PM
heeeeey!!

UK brothers!! How are you? good to see some UK talent!

Cool site by the way!

Peace out

OFZ

Infrazael
05-19-2005, 01:56 PM
That's a really cool website, I'm glad Southern Praying Mantis not have a place where theories and forms are explained nicely.

Great site!!!

--Infrazael

kismet
05-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Thanks :), appreciate the compliments. Added some new clips today from Si Gung Ip Sui's birthday in 2002 Hong Kong.

Glad you like the site and the info...more to come!

Infrazael
05-20-2005, 11:34 AM
One of my Sihings does Southern Praying Mantis too, although I'm not sure if it's Chow Gar or Jook Lum or some other. . . .

Fu-Pow, doesn't Kevin do Jook Lum SPM? (if you get this message).

travelsbyknight
05-21-2005, 10:42 PM
No offense to anyone...

But Paul Whitrods tapes are very basic...and wayyy too expensive. If you aren't getting shown, the stuff he's showing in his tapes, in your own kung fu school then you need to find a new one.

I'd like to hear some other people's opinions.

Jook Lum
05-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Hello Kismet,

As i mentioned on another forum, well done on your spm site and i look
forward to what will be added in the future.

kismet
05-23-2005, 05:08 AM
Thanks Jook Lum, much appreciated.

I am in the process of capturing some footage of USA Jook Lum Mantis stuff from vhs, it would be of interest to you i think. I will let you know when i get round to putting it online.

Regards

Jook Lum
05-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Very cool, I look forward to seeing it.

bong
05-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks Jook Lum, much appreciated.

I am in the process of capturing some footage of USA Jook Lum Mantis stuff from vhs, it would be of interest to you i think. I will let you know when i get round to putting it online.

Regards

Who's stuff? Poo Yee, Mark Foon, The Chin's?

kismet
05-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Just added the full 6 minute section of the BBC's Mind, Body & Kick Ass Moves documentary on Southern Chow Gar Praying Mantis Kung Fu featuring Sifu Ip Chee Keung and Si Gung Ip Sui. :)

phoenixdog
05-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Is southern mantis rooted in hsing i?

Jook Lum
05-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Hello Bong,

I looked but you are not registered, i was going to send you a PM. So on here
i will just say that i spent most time with Mark Foon and other time with other Jook
Lum teachers from the same Pai.

David
05-26-2005, 05:25 AM
Is southern mantis rooted in hsing i?
No, there's no connection beyond hsing yi also being a short-hand internal style.

Rgds,
David

kejia nu ren
05-26-2005, 07:58 AM
does anyone have information on Hakka styles of southern mantis, &/or if there are any teachers of southern mantis in NYC? i'd be interested in checking them out and learning more about southern mantis firsthand. :)

kismet
06-08-2005, 05:16 AM
Does anyone know the URL for Sifu Norman or Milton Chins website? Do they have one?

I dont know if this helps the last poster, it might be old...i found this while trying to find the website:

Jook Lum Gee Tong Long Pai
Southern Praying Mantis
100 Hester Street
New York New York
Sifu Norman Chin
(718) 389-7568
none@none.net

bong
06-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Bring cash.

Lots of it. ;) :D :cool:

kismet
12-15-2005, 05:04 AM
Should coming over to Florida in January and was looking to visit any SPM schools / classes. Anyone know of any i can visit if all goes to plan? Things to do and places to visit may also help :).

Thanks