PDA

View Full Version : training in gloves

El_CLap
08-20-2000, 11:49 PM
Hello Wing Chun guys. Maybe you all have the same problems I have with most gloves. I find that in the karate gloves that my old school liked to use I couldn't get full range of motion for my hands. i found that they also covered up a lot of my forearm and I lost most sensitivity. Has anyone found a pair of good gloves that I can use that don't hinder as much? Thanks

Sihing73
08-21-2000, 12:55 AM
Hello,

I normally do not reccommend using gloves. When I want to wear something that provides a little bit of padding and protection I use a kind of half glove. Not really sure what they are called. They cover your hand with the fingers extending and the padding is really just over the knuckles. The thumb sticks out through a hole. Other than the padding over the knuckles there is nothing else and it only covers the hands. May I ask why you want to wear gloves?

Peace,

Dave

El_CLap
08-21-2000, 01:02 AM
I have a friend who does some jujitsu. He thinks that the punches I throw would never hurt him in real life. So I hit him. Now I have started using some karate gloves, but they are EXTREMELY annoying.

Dave Farmer
03-26-2001, 02:13 PM
I've found the handwrap gloves the mixed M.A. and shooters use are great for full contact chi sau
and sparring.
They allow a good range of technique and don't slip too much.

just a little costly but well worth the investment.

'wing chun men do it with sticky hands'

mun hung
03-26-2001, 08:43 PM
We use gloves in our school for certain fighting drills as a safety measure as well as pads, cup, etc. My favorite would be the "Chuck Norris" wristwrap leather gloves. Open fingered, and durable - this would be my suggestion. About $40 - $50 a pair. As we are on the topic of equipment...what I'm really itching to pick up are leather muy thai shingards. I hear they're great.

frosh2786
03-28-2001, 01:58 AM
i dont do wing chun...but i would imagine those Jeet Kune Do gloves bruce lee wore would be prtty good...right?

pakua student
03-28-2001, 06:00 AM
E_clap,

Try the MMA gloves at (tigerstrike.com) They are open palm and thumb with padding just over the nuckles, they work great for kung fu. You can get a apair for 19.99 vynil or 29.95 for leather.

tnwingtsun
03-28-2001, 10:18 AM
Wingtsun makes gloves that are more or less
pads,they are the best I've seen.
Si-hing73,is that what you're talking about?
sounds pretty close.