PDA

View Full Version : Hi...

inic
05-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Been long time. I went through 9 months of depression which was no fun and was pretty much isolated from the whole world, hence my absence here. Barely ate or exercised and lost 20lbs as a result.
Anyhoo, depression stage is finally over and I'm starting to exercise again. Even back to studying nutrition! Decided to actually make nutrition my career with languages taking a minor backseat (still always studying languages though!).

Just posting to say hi and requesting some help with getting back in shape. I'm around 145 now and would like to get back to 160 over the next 4 months. Note that I do NOT have access to weights. I have no $ to join a gym and will be doing mostly bodyweight exercises. I have 2 8lbs bells at home but that's it.
Equipment I have: pullup bar, abwheel, lots-o-swords of different weights, makiwara, jumprope, errm I forget the rest.
Right now I'm doing 25 pushups/situps/calf raises, 5 handstand pushups every hour. I'll start running every day for 30 min on thursday (my new shoes come in mail). Stretching 30-60 min everyday (whenever i watch TV). Also horse stance when I watch TV.
I'm on my 2nd week now. I'm just increasing the #'s and adding a few exercises each week. I just want to start off SLOW. I figure I'll do this for 2-3 more weeks then start a new program thats more traditional (doing all the #'s at once instead of every hour).
Thanks for any future help!
FYI, my goal is "athletic/runner" or "gymnast" type.

Reggie1
05-17-2005, 01:24 PM
These websites can be a big help:

Crossfit (http://www.crossfit.com/)

Train for Strength (http://www.trainforstrength.com/)

Glad you beat the depression. I know that can really suck.

fa_jing
05-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Chick troubles?

norther practitioner
05-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Glad to see you've come out of the funk... I hate those periods...

Good luck with the training.

IronFist
05-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Welcome back.

Ho Chun
05-22-2005, 06:56 AM
Welcome back INIC, Way to overcome!!

Go to www.noweightsworkout.com

I hope this helps