PDA

View Full Version : castlevania fans, anyone?

SevenStar
05-19-2005, 03:00 PM
http://flashkof.free.fr/castle/castle.htm

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-19-2005, 06:48 PM
that's been around forever, but yeah thats awesome.

im gonna play through again tomorow at work.

and since this is a castlevania thread im gonna go ahead and say that sotn was one of the best games i have ever played. ever. and lament was so close to being awesome and hopefully set the stage for future 3d renditions (although i'd just as soon have a 2d sequal to sotn that wasnt on the ds).

Akhilleus
05-19-2005, 07:02 PM
ctmv r5kn w26k sibk

the other night my bro and I were watching Bram Strokers Dracula and I was like how do you kill Dracula again and he was like you have to throw all those little crystal things at him...and I was like WTF I never heard that before...then like 1/2 hour later I got it...he was referencine Castlevania II: Simon's Quest...What a horrible night to have a curse...

NOTE: I might have mixed up the r5kn and the w26k, hey the last time I typed it in was a decade ago or more...

Vash
05-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Dang, I thought this was about Former Castleva. Where is he, anyway?

Shaolinlueb
05-19-2005, 09:41 PM
symphony of the night was mad awesome. i have ps2 and i searched high and low to find a copy of that game cause it was so nice. i also loved castlevania 2 and 3 for nintendo.

IronFist
05-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Whoa I've never seen that before. That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IronFist
05-19-2005, 10:50 PM
How big is this game?

I found a glitch. I got to some room that was kind up up and left, white stone with a black background.

I went all the way to the left and it looked like a hallway but I couldn't go through the door onto the next screen. I jumped and ended up ABOVE the ceiling. I walked all the way to the right and fell off the ceiling onto the bottom of the screen. I'm way below the level, so I'm just kinda walking around. I have to restart cuz it's like this:

C = ceiling
F = floor

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCC

FFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

me ----->

PS. I suck at php art.

Kristoffer
05-20-2005, 12:05 AM

Lost in Finland I guess..

SevenStar
05-20-2005, 08:40 AM

didn't he get banned?

Kristoffer
05-20-2005, 10:09 AM
didn't he get banned?

Bad Banninator!
Nah he just stopped posting here as far as I know. I think he had a depression, I hope he's ok.

SevenStar
05-20-2005, 10:32 AM
ah, my bad. I know he was a mod, but things didn't work out - I thought he later got banned, but perhaps not.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-20-2005, 11:37 AM
symphony of the night was mad awesome. i have ps2 and i searched high and low to find a copy of that game cause it was so nice. i also loved castlevania 2 and 3 for nintendo.

they will occasionally go through ebs and such used but they go immediatley. i paid about 20 bucks including shipping for my copy a while back and it was well worth it. im sure you could still find it online.

Big_Phat_Wong
05-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah, CastleVania 2 & 3 rocked, so did SMB 2 & 3 and all 6 Mega Men. Downloaded those plus about 75 others (including Legend of Zelda & Adventures of Link) for free on LimeWire. What a blast from the past.

Long live the NES emulator! :D

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Yeah, CastleVania 2 & 3 rocked, so did SMB 2 & 3 and all 6 Mega Men. Downloaded those plus about 75 others (including Legend of Zelda & Adventures of Link) for free on LimeWire. What a blast from the past.

Long live the NES emulator! :D

agree with all cept smb2. im one of the only people i know who hated it, but i stand by my argument that i heard somewhere that it wasn't even a super mario to begin with. it was some other game out of japan that they attached the characters to before finalizing everything. loved 1 and 3 and thought almost everything after was at least good though.

Brad
05-20-2005, 09:53 PM
they will occasionally go through ebs and such used but they go immediatley. i paid about 20 bucks including shipping for my copy a while back and it was well worth it. im sure you could still find it online.
It's 9.99 at the local blockbuster brand new... no one around here seems to want to buy it :D

Brad
05-20-2005, 10:05 PM
agree with all cept smb2. im one of the only people i know who hated it, but i stand by my argument that i heard somewhere that it wasn't even a super mario to begin with. it was some other game out of japan that they attached the characters to before finalizing everything.

Yeah, SMB2 was a remake of a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic... the Japanese SMB2 ended up being released here as Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels as part of the Super Mario All Stars collection on SNES. Our SMB2 ended up being re-released in Japan as Super Mario USA :p

Here's some info about the REAL Super Mario Bros. 2: http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Super-Mario-Bros.:-The-Lost-Levels

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-20-2005, 10:06 PM
ha nice ... we never keep them around here.

they may have released it on greatest hits too. it would be suprising if they had them brand new otherwise to me at least.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-20-2005, 10:07 PM
good lookin out with the smb2.

Brad
05-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I think it's part of the Greatest Hits line :cool:

The real SMB2 sounds too freakin' hard... who'd want to play a game that makes you start over completely if you go down the wrong pipe? :D Super Mario 3 was defenitely my favorite of the series followed closely by #1, Super Mario World, and Mario 64. I think I've only played the first two or three levels of #2. It was too un-marioish and that frustrated me :D Mario World 2 (Yoshi's Island) was ok but waaaaaaaaaaay too easy. Haven't played Mario Sunshine yet.

IronFist
05-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PS1 has the best soundtrack evAr. I bought the CD. And that game is one of the best games ever. It seemed to not get much recognition tho because it's 2D and idiots think a game has to be 3D to be fun.

SevenStar
05-22-2005, 08:36 PM
I guess I'm in the minority on this one - I loved the us release of mario bros 2 - because it was different. I still play it to this day, while my wife still plays mario 1 and 3. LOL, My old NES is hooked up in my living room right now.

IronFist
05-22-2005, 09:50 PM
SMB2 is awesome.

Big_Phat_Wong
05-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Yeah it is. I agree with GDA about 3 being the best tho.

I'm currently working on Zelda. Got up to labyrinth 4, but can't beat that 3-headed dragon at the end.

Now if only I could find a non-corrupted version of Marble Madness, I'd never leave the house! :D

Akhilleus
05-23-2005, 09:14 AM
When I was like 7/9 my buddy from down the street's dad calls me...not my buddy, his dad...he's like, "We can't figure out how to beat Birdo on SMB2 (the boss of world 1-1)"...in hindsight there wasn't anything that wierd about this just a kid being too shy to call me or too embarassed to admit he needed help in a Nintendo game, but at the time I was so freaked out by this grown man asking me how to beat the first board in Mario I was like, "Umm...yeah...I haven't figured out how to beat him yet either."

Vash
05-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Anyone know where I can find Castlevania III for Nintendo, box and all?

And the boxes for Castlevania and CII?

SevenStar
05-23-2005, 10:17 AM
back in the day, a couple of friends and I used to make money by selling game tips to people. Between us, we'd beaten at least 100 games and we all had subscriptions to nintendo power. When people asked us for tips, cheats, etc. we'd charge them.

Akhilleus
05-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Were you this guy? It sounds like you...then again in the 80s I guess everybody said martial arts or karate was their hobby...

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-23-2005, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=SevenStar]I guess I'm in the minority on this one - I loved the us release of mario bros 2 [QUOTE]

nah ... id actually say its about half and half. i didnt hate it, but i definatley didnt dig it.

SevenStar
05-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Were you this guy? It sounds like you...then again in the 80s I guess everybody said martial arts or karate was their hobby...

ROFL, nah, but I did want to be a game play counselor when I grew up.

Akhilleus
05-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Dag...you know what kind of hurts...I'm reading this web page where this guy makes fun of "Skip Rogers' How to Score more points in Nintendo" video...its pretty funny, but when he is making fun of the Top Gun part he says:

He gives us some tips on combat, such as "shoot enemy planes" and "shoot enemy planes with missiles," and then teaches us how to land on the aircraft carrier. Top Gun gives you on-screen instructions to help you get your plane down, so go ahead and skip over this part of the tape if you can read and know what the words "SPEED UP!" and "SLOW DOWN!" mean.

What hurts is don't know that I ever actually landed successfully, which is nothing to be ashamed of, as it was almost impossible, but the very reason I never even came close was because I didn't understand what the words "speed up" and "slow down" meant...every time I read speed up I pressed down on the controller as hard as I could so the nose of my plane would point up, thus going "Up"...if it said speed down I did the opposite in an attempt to go downwards...I mistook speed up and speed down for go up or go down...I feel like such a schmuck...hey wait a minute! I just realized, I don't think it said speed up or slow down...I think it might have said "speed up" or "speed down" so it wasn't really my fault I misunderstood the directions...after all if you are in the car with a friend who is driving like a maniac you don't say, "Mickey! Speed down!" to get him to slow down do you? But if it actually did say speed up or slow down then yeah I am an imbecile

Big_Phat_Wong
05-23-2005, 11:12 PM
It was the refueling part that always ****ed me up on that game.

Shaolinlueb
05-24-2005, 11:36 AM
i loved smb2 for the nes. i also liked the lost levels. i wish wart would come back as a villian sometimes. smb2 was interesting cause it was unique compared to the other mario brother games. i dont think it had any of the same enemies. as for castlevania, trying to find the boxes...... good luck. i remember i had my nes proffesionally cleaned and i was gonna sell it. but instead i bougth castlevania 3 and played that for a long time and then sold it. i liked the rerelease of the games with ebtter graphics. i'm with iron fist. i actually enjoy 2-d games better then most 3-d games.

SevenStar
05-24-2005, 12:08 PM
yeah, 2d games are the best. One of my all time favorite games is still River City Ransom.

Shaolinlueb
05-24-2005, 12:29 PM
yeah, 2d games are the best. One of my all time favorite games is still River City Ransom.

river city ransom was awesome. i love it. they also had in japan a version of river city ransom, but you were samuria and it took place in ancient japan. same graphics as river city ransom. i believe i had/have it on nes emulator soemwhere. pretty good except its all in japanese. which i do not understand.

Akhilleus
05-24-2005, 07:52 PM
I never played River City Ransom, but here is a review of it...there are several curse words in said review...

River City Ranson Review (http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/rcr.htm)

Big_Phat_Wong
05-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Oh yeah, River City Ransom is bad-ass. It's like "Renegade" basically. I just pick up the stick and start cracking everybody.

The captions are hella funny too.

Larry: "BARF!"

:D

IronFist
05-24-2005, 08:53 PM
back in the day, a couple of friends and I used to make money by selling game tips to people. Between us, we'd beaten at least 100 games and we all had subscriptions to nintendo power. When people asked us for tips, cheats, etc. we'd charge them.

Nintendo Power was awesome. I still have every issue up through 80 or 90 or something.

IronFist
05-24-2005, 08:53 PM

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

wait, hold on...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha

wait wait, for real this time...

Did you guys see the website where they found that guy who appeared in one of those Nintendo Power things? It was either a guy who wrote a letter in, or a guy like that. I think it was a guy who wrote a letter in. Anyway, there was this website making fun of him. It was HILARIOUS! I don't remember it, but I remember it being hilarious. Someone post a link if you have it.

IronFist
05-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Dag...you know what kind of hurts...I'm reading this web page where this guy makes fun of "Skip Rogers' How to Score more points in Nintendo" video...its pretty funny, but when he is making fun of the Top Gun part he says:

What hurts is don't know that I ever actually landed successfully, which is nothing to be ashamed of, as it was almost impossible, but the very reason I never even came close was because I didn't understand what the words "speed up" and "slow down" meant...every time I read speed up I pressed down on the controller as hard as I could so the nose of my plane would point up, thus going "Up"...if it said speed down I did the opposite in an attempt to go downwards...I mistook speed up and speed down for go up or go down...I feel like such a schmuck...hey wait a minute! I just realized, I don't think it said speed up or slow down...I think it might have said "speed up" or "speed down" so it wasn't really my fault I misunderstood the directions...after all if you are in the car with a friend who is driving like a maniac you don't say, "Mickey! Speed down!" to get him to slow down do you? But if it actually did say speed up or slow down then yeah I am an imbecile

That was perhaps the funniest post I've ever read. But you know what, landing in Top Gun was d.amn hard. Refueling was, too. I hated it when you missed the tanker and you know you wouldn't finish the mission cuz you didn't have enough fuel.

IronFist
05-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Here's (http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/playerspulse.htm) some making fun of Nintendo Power letters page.

Akhilleus
05-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Surely you are thinking of none other than Mark Discordia (http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/dearnintendo06.htm) , poster boy for a feature known as "Dear Nintendo, my life is a *** **** mess!" (http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/dearnintendo.htm) , and here you can find the Further Adventures of Mark Discordia (http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/mark.htm)

SevenStar
05-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Nintendo Power was awesome. I still have every issue up through 80 or 90 or something.

I've probably got more than that. I have from the first issue on till when I stopped subscribing, which was when I was about 16 or 17, I think. The N64 ws out, but gamecube had not hit the market yet. At that point in time, it made no sense for me to keep subscribing, as I had a NES and SNES, which they no longer made games for. All they covered was N64 and gameboy stuff - and I just got a gameboy last year.

Akhilleus
05-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Wow that Nintendo Rap is just wrong...what is really sad is apparently 4 people put their heads together and couldn't come up with better lines than: "Dr. Wily is quick, but Mega Man is quicker, And for a very good snack, munch on a Snickers"...in fact, letters signed by more than one person are just dumb to begin with...did he dot your i's or put all the crosses on the t's...or did they 'peer edit' it...my school newspaper used to get letters like this all the time...people thought it gave the letters more weight...or a caucasian kid that wanted to be african american would pay an african american kid to put his name on there too...either way that rap is terrible unless those kids were like 5...

Incidentally, one thing I thought was kinda neat was I was in those same catacombs that kid had his pic from, unfortunately I forgot a guide to video games so it wasn't nearly as much fun as he probably had...

Nice deadlift by that other kid...

but 200 lines on tetris doesn't seem all that high...I wrote down my high score that I got once at my karate school on a hand held game somebody left in our kids playroom...I'm going to check it out on thursday coz I can't remember off the top of my head what it was...

I honestly was pretty good at refeuling and shaking off bombers in top gun...but I used to really brag that I was the best goalie in my neighborhood in "Ice Hockey." You remember, the one where you could pick either fat, skinny, or medium sized guys...

IronFist
05-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Surely you are thinking of none other than Mark Discordia (http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/dearnintendo06.htm) , poster boy for a feature known as "Dear Nintendo, my life is a *** **** mess!" (http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/dearnintendo.htm) , and here you can find the Further Adventures of Mark Discordia (http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/mark.htm)

Bahahahahaha. I wonder if that conversation is real.

Ahahahahahaha.

That's classic.

I love it when someone makes fun of someone and they reply by saying how much money they make, like that just negated the first person's insult. You can make $100 an hour and still be a tool. Hahahahahahahaha.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-25-2005, 08:54 PM

they redid it or made a sequal for the gba: http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/rivercityransom/review.html

sotn is supposed to have a sequal on the ds. if they make me buy a ds im going to be very sad.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-25-2005, 08:58 PM
dawn of sorrow i guess: http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/castlevania/index.html?q=castlevania

SevenStar
05-26-2005, 02:36 PM
they redid it or made a sequal for the gba: http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/rivercityransom/review.html

sotn is supposed to have a sequal on the ds. if they make me buy a ds im going to be very sad.

"You'll be able to purchase a head-butt, spinning-weapon attacks, an ability to throw weapons like boomerangs, and more. "

I gotta check that game out.