PDA

View Full Version : Big intense guy vs. Flabby bored guy (vid)

IronFist
05-19-2005, 04:46 PM
NWS ads on page.

Here (http://leenks.com/link15524.htm). It's from Pride. I love the difference in attitudes.

PangQuan
05-19-2005, 04:52 PM
dude that was great. Classic case of manipulation through perception. He made that big guy think he was weak, by acting passive and slow. Then kicked his ass. In essense he had the guy prepare to fight a weakling, then stepped it up, dude was underprepared.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-19-2005, 06:43 PM
the other dude sure wasn't little at 6'5'', but yeah i agree otherwise.

Akhilleus
05-19-2005, 07:35 PM
He made that big guy think he was weak, by acting passive and slow.

In essense he had the guy prepare to fight a weakling

I seriously doubt that was the case...no one that follows pride could be tricked into thinking Aleksander Emelianenko is weak...there may have been deception the first time Alex or his bro fought, but at this point there isnt anything they could do to trick their opponents into thinking they were weak...in other words, there was no "manipulation through perception" unless James Thompson knew absolutely nothing about Alex which is unlikely...

Also, when you get in the ring and the guy across from you looks bored, that is a lot scarier than your generic guy trying to act tough...

The Emelianenko bros look that way before every fight...

Mr Punch
05-20-2005, 07:39 AM
The Emelianenko bros look that way before every fight...LOL. True.

Royal Dragon
05-20-2005, 09:00 AM
Big scarry guy needs Tai Chi training. :p

PangQuan
05-20-2005, 09:19 AM
oh...i got served. Oh well. I guess thats what I get for not following pride. So I retract my statement, unless the big guy is stupid, then I keep it. But I doubt hes stupid.

Akhilleus
05-20-2005, 10:49 AM
I guess thats what I get for not following pride

Nah man it looked exactly like what you described...and I am sure that what you described does happen often...I'm just saying that knowing the history of one of the fighters I doubt that this is what happened in this case...but hey you never know it could have been...

PangQuan
05-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Naw your probably right. With that information I would then guess he over amped himself. First off he was intimidated, then he got super pumped and lost his calm. He very likely over estimated his opponent, which can be just as bad as an underestimation. By that I mean he scared himself into fighting with emotion.

But thats just my unprofessional opinion.

ghost5
05-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Loved that one. I clicked on the one that said "One second Knockout". That is what it was too. One punch, one knockout. :eek:

Dropped that poor guy in his tracks.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-20-2005, 06:19 PM
oh...i got served. Oh well. I guess thats what I get for not following pride. So I retract my statement, unless the big guy is stupid, then I keep it. But I doubt hes stupid.

i retract agreeing!

Naw your probably right.

i agree again!

yeah ... theres no way someone wouldnt know something like that about their opponent if such things are there to know. i dont follow pride either.

IronFist
05-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Naw your probably right. With that information I would then guess he over amped himself. First off he was intimidated, then he got super pumped and lost his calm. He very likely over estimated his opponent, which can be just as bad as an underestimation. By that I mean he scared himself into fighting with emotion.

But thats just my unprofessional opinion.

Super pumped like a ninja (http://www.realultimatepower.net)? :D

Royal Dragon
05-22-2005, 07:49 AM
LOL!!!, Ninja's always pump up like that too!! Think about it, all the yelling they do and all. No wonder the hero's in the movies can allways beat like 100 of them!!

truewrestler
05-23-2005, 06:24 AM
Loved that one. I clicked on the one that said "One second Knockout". That is what it was too. One punch, one knockout. :eek:

Dropped that poor guy in his tracks.
yeah, the poor guy walked in and raised his hand to touch gloves and got nailed