PDA

View Full Version : How do pro fighters stay heavy?

stubbs
05-21-2005, 03:21 AM
My diet's pretty clean right now and I'm just getting (slowly) back into training. I'm fairly lean right now and don't do too much cardio yet. Just wondering how pro fighters keep their weight when surely they must do a hell of a lot of calorie burning technique drilling and cardio. I'd like to up my training gradually more and more over the next few months but I don't want to loose any weight and I really doubt I could stuff my face any more. Is it mostly down to genetics?
________
Xnxx (http://www.****tube.com/)

Merryprankster
05-21-2005, 05:53 AM
They don't.

Most pro fighters walk around much heavier than where they fight at. Serious training for a fight is a way for them to lose weight. Which is what they usually want.

Remember they don't stay in fighting shape all year. You can't. Too hard on the body.

Pork Chop
05-21-2005, 12:21 PM
or if you're like me you spend all year working to get "in fighting shape" and shed a few tears everytime you stare at the scale...

unfortunately i love the act of eating too much...

SevenStar
05-22-2005, 09:41 PM
They don't.

Most pro fighters walk around much heavier than where they fight at. Serious training for a fight is a way for them to lose weight. Which is what they usually want.

Remember they don't stay in fighting shape all year. You can't. Too hard on the body.

yeah, what he said. You would burn out trying to stay in fighting shape year round. fight training begins about 12 weeks out from the fight.