PDA

View Full Version : Self-doubt

ZIM
05-21-2005, 05:37 AM
Just some new Nikes (http://www.hanzismatter.com/2005/05/320-pair-of-self-suspicion.html) ;)

SPJ
05-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Anything starts with self will be shunned off in Chinese culture.

1. It is your private thing. Other does not need to know about it. You may think high and low about yourself. It is your own concerns. Why do the other care?

2. It is a self absorption. Or vanity.

3. Usually some characters on the wall, or shoes. They are to remind you of something. To do something, practice, improve on etc. It will be to have faith, work hard, etc. to question everything including yourself, yes. To gain knowledge about your self and everything. But never to remind you that you have self doubt, crasy diarhea, and thus no self respect, no self confidence, low esteem etc.

Interesting uses of the characters. Most is just for the "looks" as an art and not actual meaning of anything.

More characters. More costs. More expensive. I think.

:D

rogue
05-21-2005, 08:36 AM
I guess that's better than calling them Pen1s Envy.

SevenStar
05-25-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm at work, so won't look at that. Which character was she supposed to be in the movie?

MasterKiller
05-25-2005, 09:58 AM
I'm at work, so won't look at that. Which character was she supposed to be in the movie?
She was just a background character...a senator at the opera where Sidious talks about the tragedy of Darth Plageuis.

BibitClerus
05-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Interesting site about unusual use of chinese characters:
http://www.hanzismatter.com/

The pics of Bai Ling in the link are really interesting. (not work safe).

It's no wonder she got cut from Star Wars because of it.

Those pics are sexually aggressive , probably would frighten a lot of timid males. Certainly would shock the mainstream Star Wars Market.

i dont find it agressive
and i think she needs more food
and she needs to stop being such a *****
what a disgrace, disrescpetgin the SW series
she should be cut twice for that disrecpt

BibitClerus
05-25-2005, 05:49 PM
what is "QED" ?