PDA

View Full Version : Not affiliated with me

Sihing73
05-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Hello,

I have been notifed that there is a guy named Mark Defoe who may be making claims as to being a student of mine. This person is NOT a student of mine and in no way is he a respresentive of either my approach to Wing Chun nor that of my Sifu, Chung Kwok Chow. I met Mark once and briefly touched hands with him and found him to be of a very rudimentory level of skill. He advised me that he was studying with a Sifu of the Moy Yat Lineage when we met and worked out. I do not know Mark and other than the one time we met I have never seen him again. I have spoken to him via telephone and my advice to him was to make a decision as to whether or not he wishes to study Wing Chun and if so to find one Sifu/Lineage and develope a foundation within that lineage before venturing into other schools.

I appoligize for bringing this to the foums attention but I want to avoid any possible confusion this person may inadvertently cause. Besides, I am a bad enough example of Wing Chun on my own without anyone elses help ;)

Peace,

Dave

reneritchie
05-26-2005, 11:46 AM
No worries, many franchises get off to rocky starts, you'll find the right people, and pretty soon Dave Chun will be everywhere, like Subways and Curves... :)

stonecrusher69
05-26-2005, 03:04 PM
HI dave how is it going?? Do you remember me?

Sihing73
05-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Hello Rene,

I am thinking of offering fires with every class, if they get to Chi Sau then I'll supersize it and throw in a free drink as well. :D The sad thing is I have seen far worse than I actually make money teaching WC, maybe I should franchise :o

Stonecrusher69,

I seem to recall a couple of PM's in the past. You do Fut Sau WC if I recall correctly. I would be interested in getting together sometime as I have always been curious about Buddha Hand Wing Chun.

I am fine, just getting stressed out with my wife expecting another child. Any day now................

I hope all is well with you as well.

Peace,

Dave

reneritchie
05-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Quality has never been the determining factor in success. DOS/Dose wasn't 'better' than MAC or Amiga OS, VHS wasn't 'better' than Beta, and many-o summer blockbusters have been barely plotted, poorly acted, a shoddy effected M$200+ grossers. It is sadly often the lowest common demoninator which spreads furthest and fastest.

stonecrusher69
05-27-2005, 09:09 AM
that's right I practice Buddha Hand Wing Chun..you can PM or email me at wck108@usa.com

good to know your doing well..

Mike