View Full Version : Sifu Gary Lam Seminar- California

Ernie
05-26-2005, 06:54 AM
Just tossing it out there :D

--------Sifu Gary Lam seminar on :
~SIU LIM TAO,
~CHUM KU,
~BIU JI
will be held on July 16 ' 2005. at Monterey Park, California.

Sifu Lam welcomes everybody and any lineage to attend. Fees and time to be announced soon.------------

stonecrusher69
05-26-2005, 07:27 AM
Any chance sifu Lam coming to NYC or NJ in the near future? I love to attend but Cali is to far for me..

Thx,
Mike

Ernie
05-26-2005, 07:35 AM
Any chance sifu Lam coming to NYC or NJ in the near future? I love to attend but Cali is to far for me..

Thx,
Mike

Mike ,
nothing i have heard of yet , he doesn't travel alot , has to much going in Cali , Told me he wants me to get around the states a bit , but my skills are a only a shadow of what he has :D

If i hear anything I will keep you updated

Ernie

stonecrusher69
05-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Thx,I like to meet you some time also.Keep me in mind if you ever up my way..

take care,
mike

clutchpan
06-01-2005, 12:54 AM
M_

what linage are you from?are you in nyc?i visit there often...i will be more then glad to catch up w/ you when i am in town...i am erines wc brother...

CLUTCH

stuartm
06-01-2005, 05:32 AM
Hey Ernie,

Ive been really impressed with a lot of what ive seen from Sifu Lam - none of this 'look at how good my chi sao is' bull, but instead the correct emphasis on application which is really refreshing.

Any chance (dream) of him coming over here to the UK :confused:

Theres a lot of us who would really like to train with him. Maybe one of the Wong guys over here could look at setting something up???

Peace, Stu

Ernie
06-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Hey Ernie,

Ive been really impressed with a lot of what ive seen from Sifu Lam - none of this 'look at how good my chi sao is' bull, but instead the correct emphasis on application which is really refreshing.

Any chance (dream) of him coming over here to the UK :confused:

Theres a lot of us who would really like to train with him. Maybe one of the Wong guys over here could look at setting something up???

Peace, Stu

There has been some talk of me going there next year , but i am far from Gary :D
with Gary it gets expensive , he does very well staying home , it takes alot to get him to travel , we will see how his Oct. seminar in Germany goes , maybe he will get the travel bug !

What's up Clutch [Howard] good to see you posting ! Howard is much more then just my WC brother , he is my training partner [for the last 4 years] and close friend .

reneritchie
06-01-2005, 07:24 AM
Lam sifu is awesome. I was lucky enough to spend a day with him several years ago and aside from his own, tremendous personal skill, he had a very clear, precise way of communicating his WCK.

AndrewS
06-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Yo Howard!

Good to see you around here. We've gotta catch up more often- being neighbors and all.

Andrew

P.S. If I'm not working I'll try to make the seminar- what time is it- I'm probably working until 1130 or so?

clutchpan
06-01-2005, 09:41 AM
much appreciated...nursing a mystery pull/tear¿ in a tendon of my left elbow...i have the slightest clue as to how it happened...woke up one morning and it was fried...how is life treating you? well i hope...at some point physically i will be able to join you here in the hood...seems like time and body have been slowing the matter down...ernie said you came out to one of his sessions...from time to time i will put in my 2 cents...not much on post but from time to time there is some quality discussions...otherwise i wish you well!

best
>C

stonecrusher69
06-01-2005, 01:34 PM
no,I'm not from N.Y.C I live in Jersey but I'm only 30min away by car.great,if your in the city next time maybe we could meet up. Just let me know. You can email me at wck108@usa.com or just Pm me here..I always like to meet other W.C. people.

My lineage is Yip Man( sifu Moy Yat) and Buddha hand W.C.(sifu Joe Ng)

Ernie
06-01-2005, 03:46 PM
no,I'm not from N.Y.C I live in Jersey but I'm only 30min away by car.great,if your in the city next time maybe we could meet up. Just let me know. You can email me at wck108@usa.com or just Pm me here..I always like to meet other W.C. people.

My lineage is Yip Man( sifu Moy Yat) and Buddha hand W.C.(sifu Joe Ng)

SC69,
small world Howard also comes from a M.Y.background guys should have alot to talk about :D

clutchpan
06-01-2005, 11:51 PM
the seminar i believe starts at 10 and goes till 2...checck w/ Ernie...he has all the info...be nice if you made it by...

be well!
>C

Kevin Bell
06-02-2005, 09:46 AM
There has been some talk of me going there next year , but i am far from Gary :D

Thats more than talk bro, you can make sure of that. Anyway i know you're dying to jump in the ring with me to try and mow me down :D :D

Call you later this week mate when you've finished sunning yourself on holiday - sorry vacation as you guys say :p :p

Laterzz
Kev

Ernie
06-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Thats more than talk bro, you can make sure of that. Anyway i know you're dying to jump in the ring with me to try and mow me down :D :D

Call you later this week mate when you've finished sunning yourself on holiday - sorry vacation as you guys say :p :p

Laterzz
Kev

SHHH it's a secret !

ha ha man I put on some gloves and did my first *real* boxing work out[in 9 months] , with the bad arm and bro , i will not be mowing anyone down with my left for awhile
speed is back but man i got no juice :o

but it felt good to glove up and hit another body and be hit !

yes , I know , I need mental help ;)

PaulH
06-09-2005, 10:11 AM
I was chatting with Gary Sifu last night at class, and he told me
that he hope that a lot of WC people will come with interesting WC
questions to this seminar. This brought back my old memory. =)
Several years ago I went and was so delighted by the skills displayed
there that my WC learning zeal got another fresh jump start. Not all
of us will be fighters or teachers, but we all need to know what is
proper in WC and its fighting usage or application. As Gary only
covers this seminar every three or four year cycle, I do hope that my
WC brothers and sisters won't miss this unique opportunity to learn and to
improve their WC knowledge and skill. Summer is past, Spring will soon be gone.
Life and its robust growth won't begin in another four long years, Yah?