PDA

View Full Version : Tai Tzu Five Element Kicking

mickey
05-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Greetings,

I read about this method in a book that I purchased that was published by David Kash. Of the stuff that was in there, that intrigued me the most. Maybe my fascination was necessary to quell that uneasy, bubbling, sometimes metallic, feeling that...

I GOT RIPPED OFF!!! AARRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Vent is now over. Compose yourself, mickey:

Is there anyone training this method? Could you please detail how the 5 elements of kicking work for you?

Thank you,

mickey

Royal Dragon
05-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Hi, I was part of his org a number of years ago. I'm not sure the extent of his "Five elements kicking", but I think it's just a lable he's attached to his various basic kicks.

In thier system, movements that rise, are water elements, movement that go stright out, and back are wood, chopping is metal, circle out is earth, Fire are moves that move up and out at the same time,like cannon fist (High block and punch). Just apply that theory to kicks, and you got it.

I'd actually like some input form some Hsing I guys on the Five Elements, and how they are organised...I think Kash is wrong in his arrangement.

Comments anyone?

Royal Dragon
05-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Oh, also, Kash does not teach Tai Tzu, no matter what he claims. It's the Chao family Taiji, Hsing I and Bagua that he teaches...he just *Calls* it Tai Tzu.

mickey
05-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Thank you Royal Dragon,

Much appreciated. I thought there was much more to it.

mickey

Royal Dragon
05-29-2005, 11:27 PM
There may very well be more to it. I've just never seen it. I left the system when my Sifu and him parted company. All I know is he ain't got no Tai Tzu, and I have never seen a real Tai Tzu system with five elements kicking in it. I think it's part of the Chao style Taiji, Hsing I and Bagua that he teaches. I know the Taiji from that system. It's a small, but good modern Taiji style based on Yang. Looks to me like someone mixed Yang Taiji with some postures from the General Qi Jiguang 32 move Tai Tzu chart. The first 9 moves are almost verbatum from the Chen Man Ching Yang style short form.