PDA

View Full Version : Videos from Germany

megasijo
05-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Hi,

under the following Adress you can find some Videos from Kung-Fu WebMag Seminar in Berlin, also Hung Gar/Choy Lay Fut/Chow Gar Forms.
Its cool to see some differnt Styles. You need Windows Media Player.

http://www.kungfuwebmag.de/501750963c021bb1b/501750963c021e024/index.html

Greetings
megasijo

JAZA
05-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Very good CLF and Hung Gar.
The Chen Taiji guy sucks

cerebus
05-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Ditto. The CLF was my favorite with the Hung Gar next.

CLFNole
05-28-2005, 08:47 PM
It is funny the sifu showing the CLF was a student of my sifu and that form is not from our line (Lee Koon Hung). I guess Sifu Michael picked up some sets from other CLF sifus. I have done the same; however I only demonstrate sifu's sets. The flow of the form he showed was a bit different from ours but nice none the less.

Tiger on Duty
05-28-2005, 10:32 PM
the clf and hung gar are sped up so thats not cool at all.
I definetly woudnt pay to go to that seminar, average at its best.

Tiger on Duty
05-28-2005, 10:41 PM
I mean no disrespect, but those 1st 2 videos of the clf and hung gar are edited to be faster, and i have seen much much better clf(president of the guandong chin woo & president of the guanzhou atheletic association).

Just thought i better clear my post up that 1st one turned out too confrontational my apologies.

So yeah i wouldnt pay.

Fu-Pow
05-29-2005, 11:55 AM
It is funny the sifu showing the CLF was a student of my sifu and that form is not from our line (Lee Koon Hung). I guess Sifu Michael picked up some sets from other CLF sifus. I have done the same; however I only demonstrate sifu's sets. The flow of the form he showed was a bit different from ours but nice none the less.

Yeah, I was just gonna ask that. I didn't recognize the form.

YuanZhideDiZhen
05-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I was just gonna ask that. I didn't recognize the form.

there's a clf guy that does his previous tkd and karate forms in clf style.

this performer's body movements are virtually identical to the guy that does this to his tkd/karate forms, but his face is different.

JAZA
05-29-2005, 09:12 PM
I think is Siu Moi Fah,
Here is a video of the same form from a Venezuelian site http://www.choyleefutvzla.com/choyleetorneo/videos/P1180886.MOV

Ben Gash
05-30-2005, 12:45 AM
I couldn't run the first videos, the clip Jaza posted appears to be the bow from the Chan family Siu Moi Fah (which is quite a nice set).

seung mina
05-30-2005, 05:53 AM
I mean no disrespect, but those 1st 2 videos of the clf and hung gar are edited to be faster, and i have seen much much better clf(president of the guandong chin woo & president of the guanzhou atheletic association).

Just thought i better clear my post up that 1st one turned out too confrontational my apologies.

So yeah i wouldnt pay.

Donīt be unfair.
This demonstration have been after a 2 day seminar, on which where about 16 hours of training and a late night in Berlin;-)

This seminar was organised for students to see and test some other styles. I think that none of the attenders regret to come.

CLFNole
05-30-2005, 09:19 AM
I don't think its siu moi fah. From looking at it I though it was a Doc Fai Wong form from Wong Gong becuase I know some people who have learned seminar sets from Wong Gong and it looked like his style. I then checked Sifu Michael's website and low and behold he is now learning from Doc Fai Wong and has his curriculum with both Lee Koon Hung sets and Doc Fai Wong sets.

TonyM.
05-30-2005, 09:23 AM
The Hung Gar was slow, even speeded up. At least it was crisp.

Fu-Pow
05-30-2005, 09:54 AM
I don't think its siu moi fah. From looking at it I though it was a Doc Fai Wong from from Wong Gong becuase I know some people who have learned seminar sets from Wong Gong and it looked like his style. I then checked Sifu Michael's website and low and behold he is now learning from Doc Fai Wong and has his curriculum with both Lee Koon Hung sets and Doc Fai Wong sets.

http://www.fongs-kungfu.de/assets/images/Sifu_and_GrandmasterWong2.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

CLFNole
05-30-2005, 01:40 PM
I was rather suprised myself; however you can't fault someone for wanting to expand their knowledge. That being said with the 60-70 sets we have you could spend your lifetime truly trying to master each one and understand all the respective techniques.

Peace.

Fu-Pow
05-30-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm just surprised that he didn't go to the Chan family to learn more CLF. I know that they are all over Europe. Why Doc Fai Wong? Well, to each his own I guess, it just wouldn't be my first choice.

Fong
05-31-2005, 12:46 AM
Hi CLFNole and Fu Pow ...long time no see....hows your CLF going?

My first time to respond to this Forum....normally I just enjoy to read the interesting and sometimes really funny discussions!
This time I have to respond, cause...we have in Europe CLF and Hung Gar too.....not only the U.S. is great!

Tiger on Duty: the videos are not edited.....next time you are invited to perform and hold a seminar in Germany......OK? Lets see your Speed of the Tiger :) , we will tape you (scared?)....just kidding...but pls. don't try to analyze something if you didn't stay there.....be different then 80% of the people in the Forums.....don't be one of the "Paper Tigers"...

CLFNole and Fu Pow:
for your curiosity: yes, thats part of the Siu Mui Fah (Ging Mui).

Now, you should have enough experience in CLF. Its not the 60 to 70 forms to study (or like Chan family 150!!! or whatever). You know that.....too much...you cannot master them, even in a lifetime. Some people like to collect forms.....so up to them!

But, each style has to offer different aspects and interpretations...... each Sifu has a different way to express ..... I don't like to discuss this subject again.... in each Forum we have the same discussions... which and who is better, which CLF form is correct, who is faster, who is the slowest ..... seems like people just busy for that!
Take it easy.... just practice, analyze for yourself! Don't practice your Kung Fu for other people..... sorry to say, but 90% of the people do so. Don't become stuck!
Also not in other peoples politics!
I think all of you should be experienced enough to know that .....

Regards from Germany,
Fong

Tiger on Duty
05-31-2005, 06:10 AM
dunno still doesnt look right, could just be low res format skipping then.
I think his hung ga is good wether its speed up or not.
dont like the rest.

CLFNole
05-31-2005, 07:44 AM
Fong Sifu:

Glad things are going well for you in Germany. I see you have expanded and have more schools. Personally I think its good to expand your CLF knowledge. It is good to get insight and other perspectives of CLF.

Best of luck.

P.S. By the way I have a VCD of an 80-year old man doing Sui Mui Fah in King Mui and its different from your new version. Just goes to show that there will always be different versions of the same form and we should learn to appreciate each one.

Fong
06-01-2005, 10:17 PM
CLFNole

Of course the form is different, cause it is mixed up - like many of us do for performance.
Yes, the 80-year old mans form should be different. Different time. Look at our own Kung Fu brothers, we learned all the same form, but different interpretation - even some perform now more flashy than the time I learned in Hong Kong before.

Best wishes,
Fong

dragon323
06-02-2005, 03:19 AM
Hello

First, sorry my bad english.

The Choy Li Fut set is Siu Mui Fa, Doc Fai Wongīs version, but mixed with a Lee Koon Hung flavor, specially some combo (Chi Nao - Poon Kiu - Chap and others), and some movements diferents.

This set isnīt form from GM Wong Gong (Kong Chow brach), is from GM Hu Yuen Chou (King Mui branch). GM Hu Yuen Chou learned this set from GM Chan Yiu Chi.

Un saludo.