PDA

View Full Version : The most driving you have done to attend classes

tigerharimau
05-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Hi Guys
Wondering what is the greatest distance you have travel for classes? I am contemplating taking a weekend classes twice a month( on , Sat and Sundays), so a total of 4 semi- private classes a month. The teacher is excellent, and the style he offers is no where near me. The distance is 600m( roundtrip). I would drive early am Satuday, with classes starting at 9 am. The classes would end at 12;00. the senior students sometime stay longer ( a couple of hours). Get a cheap hotel and go to Sunday classes. Afterward drive back home( 300 miles, 3.5-4.0 hours) and get home a 4 pm. My one buddy, did it. But my other buddy, think 3.0 hours( roundtrip) is the max.Would love to hear your opinions and experience
Thank

KungFu Krissy
05-30-2005, 10:48 AM
I drive and hour+ (depending on traffic) 3-4 times a week to train. To me, it's totally worth it. It just depends on how much you want to train. (and how reliable your car is!) Since it's only every other week, I'd say go for it. :)

David Jamieson
05-30-2005, 10:53 AM
I drove 6 hours(one way) a couple of times to meet up with other practitioner and sifus and to learn some stuff.

Then another time, I drove about 4 hours(both ways) to do same.

anyway, if you think it's worth it and want to do it, then do it.
Driving distance has little to do with anything other than the amount of time you're illing to invest to get where you need to be to get the training you are interested in.