PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to play "spot the kung fu principle in everyday life"?

lada
05-31-2005, 09:55 PM
I didn't know where to put this. It is like a big roundtable discussion about something. It is not about a particular kung fu, it applies to all of them. You can move it if it needs to be moved.

I wanna teach ya somethin. If you will let me. I hate telling people stuff though. It is boring. They usually get resentful. If you make a game of it, everyone learns what they do and do not know. We all get to laugh and point at each others mistakes. We realize we are all human and sharing makes us all stronger. We bond.

So you know that if you make fun and point and hit people, you are destroying the spirit of the game right? Ribbing someone is all in fun. Telling them they an idiot is mean.

I start the game. Here is a picture of a bodybuilder.

http://www.happeh.com/Images/Weightlifter.jpg

What does your knowledge of kung fu, body language or any other knowledge you have that applies tell you about this picture? Share with us what you know. Don't be shy.

I got some very specific questions I want to ask and a very specific thing I want to show you. This specific thing would take most people years to figure out/understand/see. I am a blabbermouth so I tell you after a week's worth of discussion. You make me see something from what you know and I will trade you what I see.

Remember. Mean people suck!

anerlich
05-31-2005, 10:08 PM
What does your knowledge of kung fu, body language or any other knowledge you have that applies tell you about this picture?

Does your choice of this picture have anything to do with your extensive rants on "Wing Chun making you go gay" on the Wing Chun forum?

Ribbing someone is all in fun. Telling them they an idiot is mean.

Ever heard the expression, "Gotta be cruel to be kind"?

Merryprankster
06-01-2005, 05:09 AM
As we know, Kung Fu, and all arts for that matter are special and unique. The principles of movement are completely different from art to art and circumstance to circumstance. As such, there are no Kung Fu principles in everyday life.

David Jamieson
06-01-2005, 06:49 AM
As we know, Kung Fu, and all arts for that matter are special and unique. The principles of movement are completely different from art to art and circumstance to circumstance. As such, there are no Kung Fu principles in everyday life.

principles of kungfu can or cannot be applied in everyday depending on the individual.

for instance, posture. One can choose to sit straight and relaxed in their chair at the office allowing for correct alignment of teh spine which in turn is not only comfortable, but better for teh spine overall. This is a simple principle that some choose to adhere to and otehrs don't and as well is a kungfu principle.

or, say someone shovels holes for a living, if they were a kungfu person, they would know something of falling power and how the application of it would make their task more efficient and less tiring. This again would be a kungfu principle applied in everyday life. Straight down, let teh weight drop in, don't deviate from teh straight down path of the natural weight falling. and so on.

not to mention philosophical ideas and principles that one could apply to their relationships with others and so on.

as for the photo, well it's a pose the intention of which is to define specific muscles. The contortion of the body is to suit that purpose. the person depicted doesn't necessarily have anything wrong with them ther than everyday wear and tear or that wear and tear that occurs from bodybuilding.

Merryprankster
06-01-2005, 07:12 AM
I was joking :D

Ray Pina
06-01-2005, 07:46 AM
No Merry's right. It's all the same. In fact, there's very little reason to train, because a white belt and a blue belt, it's all the same mechanics .... there's only so much the human body can do. Just buy the book. Follow the pictures and you'll be alright.

SaMantis
06-01-2005, 08:37 AM
It's quite clear what's wrong with that picture.

That man is not wearing pants.

Kung fu rules are quite clear on this point: no pants, no kung fu! Put on your pants, man!

Ray Pina
06-01-2005, 08:47 AM
That's about as close to "LOL" as I've ever come. :)

But I've yet to "LOL"

Merryprankster
06-01-2005, 08:53 AM
because a white belt and a blue belt, it's all the same mechanics

You're right. It is the same mechanics. It's just that a blue belt is better at them because they've trained them more. In fact, a black belt is doing exactly the same moves as a white belt, just better. Better timing, better positioning, etc. The black belt is doing what the white belt SHOULD be doing. If the white belt were doing it right, he/she/it, would look and feel like the black belt. It's an issue of doing it RIGHT, not utterly different mechanics.

THAT'S why you train. Not because the optimal mechanics are so majorly different, but to become good at them.

The right body position for a squat, deadlift or lunge and the right position to lift somebody for a carry are the same. Hmmmmm.....

PangQuan
06-01-2005, 09:07 AM
he may be buff and flexing and all but his spine is curving in that pic.

he also has a giant piece of gold belly button lint stuck up in there.

ZIM
06-01-2005, 09:34 AM
he may be buff and flexing and all but his spine is curving in that pic.

he also has a giant piece of gold belly button lint stuck up in there.
I think he's wearing too much gold and that he's mutating in result.

"Sometimes, its all about the goooooold..."
/bimbo from overstock.com

SaMantis
06-01-2005, 09:34 AM
w00t! I almost got a "LOL"! :p

... but that's not gold bellybutton lint ... it's his "chi" trying to escape. I think.

BibitClerus
06-01-2005, 10:06 AM
whats wrong with that dude is he has aparently spent a lot of time, effort and drugs... just to end up looking crappy.
seriously, bodybuilding at pro levels looks focken ugly

i might, i might be ulgy, or uglier
but i dont spent effort in looking uglier
it just happens naturally for me
no energy wasted to achieve that

Ray Pina
06-01-2005, 12:16 PM
You're right. It is the same mechanics. It's just that a blue belt is better at them because they've trained them more. In fact, a black belt is doing exactly the same moves as a white belt, just better. Better timing, better positioning, etc. The black belt is doing what the white belt SHOULD be doing. If the white belt were doing it right, he/she/it, would look and feel like the black belt. It's an issue of doing it RIGHT, not utterly different mechanics.

THAT'S why you train. Not because the optimal mechanics are so majorly different, but to become good at them.

The right body position for a squat, deadlift or lunge and the right position to lift somebody for a carry are the same. Hmmmmm.....

How come a regular person can see footage of a pitcher on the mound throwing 20 pitches and everything looks the same .... but some balls curve, some rise, some sink?

It's because there is a little movement in there, seperate and distinct, from the huge, obvious, gross movement of throwing. Ayone and everyone can throw a ball. It's all the same movement. But only a certain handful of pro pitchers can throw the screwball.

I declare its the same with martial arts, even, no, especially with something deemed so rudimentary us punching.

Just because the whole world says the world is flat doesn't make it so. When you come up to NYC, or when you want to have me down by you, I think I can literally add a dimension to your punching world.

lada
06-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Does your choice of this picture have anything to do with your extensive rants on "Wing Chun making you go gay" on the Wing Chun forum?

Ever heard the expression, "Gotta be cruel to be kind"?

Yes it does. Why? Have you figured out where I am going already?

We are talking kung fu principles here right?

Yin/Yang theory is like THE most basic kung fu principle isn't it?

IS or IS NOT this man an example of extreme yang? Or "super duper Yang" as I put it in the other thread?

If not why not?

I see a man. Man is Yang. I see lots and lots of big and very hard muscles. Hard is Yang. That means the man is Yang plus Yang = Yang2 or extreme Yang or super duper Yang.

If you know what is coming, go ahead and spit it out. I will be sorta bummed but not really. Once we get an agreement on if he is or is not Yang, then we go the next step. It involves one of the most attention getting things in the photo in my opinion.

PangQuan
06-02-2005, 02:31 PM
It involves one of the most attention getting things in the photo in my opinion.

His sh!t eating grin?

_William_
06-02-2005, 05:04 PM

It is the same troll that was banned a few weeks ago. Way to be subtle, Happeh.

anerlich
06-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Have you figured out where I am going already?

Sure have!

Nowhere, slowly.

Merryprankster
06-03-2005, 07:33 AM
Ray, you're starting to catch on!

The pitcher example is a great example. Small variations can produce different results! But that is all they are SMALL VARIATIONS ON A THEME!

I used to play baseball and pitch a bit, and the ball behaves differently depending on how you hold it and snap your wrist.

But the rest of the movements - the gross motor stuff is the same. Your body moves the same way and looks the same because that's the best way to deliver the ball to the target.

The movements involved in throwing a curve ball are what, 95% the same as those throwing a fast ball. Why? Because the act of pitching employs the same PRINCIPLES, regardless of the pitch thrown. The grip and wrist change the outcome, but these are small variations. If you can't get the principles of pitching down, those small variations won't matter anyway.

And that has been my point all along. You have been claiming some sort of major difference in principle - it just isn't there. You have variations, sure, but none of them violate the principles of good punching. The principles transcend the relatively minor differences present in stylistic comparisons.

For the record, I somewhat resent that world is flat comment. I don't say that your style is the same as boxing. I say that the principles of punching you employ are the same. HOW you employ them, including timing, preferences, and the subtle variations in technique make what people do "special and unique." But that does not chalk up to new or different principles - why? Because like the curveball/fastball example, the minor technique differences can produce different outcomes, but the fundamental principles cannot be violated if you want good results.

My "special and unique" comments are reserved for the "Well, we have THIS principle, which is ours and its unique and nobody else does it." Wrong answer. You have technical specialties and particular solutions to the problem of combat, which all rely on the same principles everybody else is using. For instance, if you want to do a joint break, you have to isolate the limb from the rest of the body, remove space to prevent it rejoining the body, and hyperextend or hyperrotate the joint. It doesn't matter whether it is a BJJ jointlock, Aikido, or Chin Na, or even a striking lock/break. Those are the PRINCIPLES involved. The execution has millions of variations on that theme, but all employ those three principles.

I have believed all along that you and I were talking past each other, and I didn't know how to make the connection. Perhaps this is it?

Just so you know, ANYBODY could add a new dimension to my punching. So saying that is like saying I could teach you a thing or two about groundwork :D

MasterKiller
06-03-2005, 07:39 AM
What about "submariner" pitching? I know next to nothing about baseball physics, but would you say a submariner is still throwing with the same principles as a normal pitcher?

Merryprankster
06-03-2005, 08:06 AM
MK,

Generally, yes. The hips and body still must lead the arm slightly and come around square to the target. Their torso and legs are moving in the same way, minus the various idiosyncracies and tweaks present because of personal preference and body structure (obviously, the big unit doesn't have EXACTLY the same movement as roger clemens, etc.)

That generates tremendous angular momentum, the lead leg then "blocks," arresting the angular momentum, and translating it to linear momentum. Then the arm essentially cracks like a whip, as it catches up to the rest of the body, regardless of whether it is an overhand or sidearm/submarine throw.

You see the SAME EXACT sequence of movments in Hammer, Shotput, Dicsus and Javelin at the release.

It's all much more similar than different.

Now if we start comparing apples and oranges, say, pole vault and pitching, obviously, this all breaks down. But when comparing apples to apples, you start talking about varieties, not different species.

And that's my point.

lada
06-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Sure have!

Nowhere, slowly.

Darn. I was hoping someone would get the hints. Oh well.

Ok. We got this guy in this picture who we agree is Yang because of his massive muscles. He is a man and the hard muscles make him more Yang.

According to Yin/Yang theory, everyone has Yin/Yang inside of them. A man is Yang and a women is Yin. Let's arbitrarily make a scale of from 1 to 10. This scale is a measure of the Yin/Yang in a person.

A man we will designate as 6 Yang and 4 Yin for a total of 10. The man has 6 Yang which is more than 4 Yin so the man is Yang. The woman is the opposite. The woman is 6 Yin and 4 Yang. The woman has 6 Yin which is more than 4 Yang so she is Yin. 6 + 4 = 10, the total of our arbitrary scale.

The man in the picture is extra Yang as we have discussed. This means the designation of the man has to increase. Again we will be just arbitrary. This man has lots of big muscles so let's say that the man is now 8 Yang.

If the man's Yang increased to 8, where did the 2 come from? He was only at 6. Our scale only goes to 10. If the man's Yang increases from 6 to 8, there is only one place that 2 can come from. It has to come from the Yin. This means that our man is now 8 Yang, 2 Yin = 10 total from the scale.

We all know that people are supposed to be balanced. a 6 to 4 ratio is out of balance but it is necessary to distinguish the man from the woman. But an 8 to 2 ration of Yang to Yin? Doesn't that just look bad? There is a 6 difference, 8-2 = 6. This man is probably going to be unhealthy don't you think? Just using your common sense, does'nt the amount of imbalance seem like it would cause a problem?

What if you put 10 pounds of pressure in the tires on the left side of your car and 40 pounds of pressure in the right side tires of your car? It rides funny right? The suspension gets beat up because of the angle of the car. You might have an accident and get hurt because the car is not balanced from right to left on the tires.

That was all just talking to get you thinking. The real question is.......What happens to the man as a result of being 8 Yang to 2 Yin? What exactly happens to his body when he take 2 Yin and gives it to the Yang so the Yang goes to 8?

We can see what happens to the Yang. The Yang goes to 8 and muscles pop out all over his body. What is it that we see that indicates what happened to the Yin?

It is right there in front of your face if you look. The obvious part anyways. The deeper, "secret of kung fu" part is a little more difficult to see.

To be clear so there is no mistake. The muscles indicate the effect of extra Yang. What do you see in this man's body that shows the effect of less Yin?

There is an answer Anerlich. I am not kidding you. It is right there in front of your eyes.

Mutant
06-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Great thread, LOL! :D :D :D

ZIM
06-04-2005, 07:01 AM
What exactly happens to his body when he take 2 Yin and gives it to the Yang so the Yang goes to 8? When he stops working out, he'll grow man-b00bs. :D

lada
06-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Since when are kung fu guys shy? There should be about 50 people shouting out answers in here if it is like some places I been. ;) No one cares if they right or wrong, they just wanna shout something out.

Where is the man's right hand? His hand is there, it is not chopped off with an axe or anything. Look at it though. Doesn't it look small, hidden, atrophied, withdrawn? The hand is closed up into a fist with the thumb on top. The left hand is holding on to the right as if to stop it from getting away.

Does that give you a hint? Do you see the other signs now?

It might help you to download the photo and resize it smaller. Around 128 X 128 or a little bigger. Sometimes when you look at a big picture, the most obvious thing grabs your attention and won't get out of the way so you can see the less obvious things.

anerlich
06-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Since when are kung fu guys shy?

Don't confuse a reluctance to play games with someone who demonstrated his h0m0phobia and willingness to use racial stereotypes as well as outright kookery on the WC forum, with shyness.

There should be about 50 people shouting out answers in here if it is like some places I been.

Which places? Gay bars? Lunatic asylums?

Ray Pina
06-06-2005, 06:35 AM
Merry,

I'm glad we are understanding each other more now.

I just think there is a big difference between a fast ball and a curve ball. For years I didn't have a curve ball and it was frustrating. I tried and tried. Then a friend told me to throw the ball almost like a football .... that kind of spin.

Even that wasn't right, but it was pointing me in the right direction. But I had a good wind up and I could put the ball in there pretty good but it wouldn't curve. Not until someone shared some additional technology with me.

It is a small thing, a litte variation. But that small things is the difference between a normal straight ball and one that breaks away and down from the batter.

I have certianly learned a variation on normal punching, involving twisting, that adds more velocity and bite into a punch. It also automatically reloads you for another full power punch without withdrawing the hand.

It's actually quite easy to do. The training is to just increase onse ability. Lenghten the muscle groups. Train how fast you can release power, relax it, do it again, ect. But the technology in itself is simple. But I never seen it before until training Ba Gua.

lada
06-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Hokay. Since we got no one making associations, I can't tell what people do and do not know. If I am being patronizing, I can't help it. Bear with me if this is all child's play to you.

So far we got the man who is extremely Yang. He had to give up Yin in order to become Yang. We can see what he got for the extra Yang. He got muscles. We are looking for what he lost as a result of giving up his Yin. I said look at the hand. No one is talking so let me give you another picture to look at that should be obvious.

If I spell this out for you, you don't learn how to think. You don't learn to look for clues to kung fu everywhere. You don't learn how to take disparate ideas and synthesize your own ideas. Where the answer came from or how it was arrived at is a mystery to you.

Here is the picture. It is titled "Udo warns Uloko".

http://www.happeh.com/Images/UdoWarnsUloko.jpg

If you look at this picture, what idea related to kung fu do you see? We are still talking about Yin/Yang theory and balance so it is a good guess that what I have in mind is related to one of those ideas. I will also say it is a very basic thing to know.

You don't really want me to hold your hand and give you the answer do you?

EDIT: Ok. What if I say that the Wing Chun guys HAVE to know the answer? Does that help?

anerlich
06-06-2005, 11:04 PM
If I am being patronizing, I can't help it.

Looks like you can't help being a weirdo, either.

We are still talking

You are still talking ... to yourself. There another, more interesting, conversation about baseball going on on the thread as well.

You don't really want me to hold your hand and give you the answer do you?

You have no answers, and if you try and touch my hand, I'll kick your groin up between your shoulder blades.

What if I say that the Wing Chun guys HAVE to know the answer?

What if I say that you HAVE to seek therapy, quick?

SaMantis
06-07-2005, 08:19 AM
OK. I think I figured out what lad-di-da's getting at here.

If I have 6 Yang and a woman next to me has 4 Yin, and then a bodybuilder crashes through the wall and takes one of my Yang, at what ratio would his proportional Yang be to my remaining Yang vs. the woman's 4 Yin? And would the woman with 4 Yin have the sense to step out of the way if a train coming from Boston at 60 mph suddenly met the train coming from Chicago at 75 mph if all three of us happened to be standing in the exact, mathematically computed place that the trains will meet? Or will she try to throw her Yin at them? And if she does, how many Yin will she have left?

You all have 60 seconds to solve this problem. Show your work!

bodhitree
06-07-2005, 10:22 AM
who wants to play spot the corny thread, oh wait i just did.

lada
06-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Since we got no takers, you Wing Chun practioners oughta be ashamed of yourselves, here goes.

If you look at the picture of Udo and Uloko, what do you see?

Udo is angry and he is talking smack to Uloko. How is Udo holding his arm? He is holding his arm palm down so that his finger is pointing downwards. Oh Yeah! Holding your hand palm down is just like a Fook Sau isn't it? How remarkable that is. Udo is doing Wing Chun and he does not even know it.

Now we look at Uloko. Of course you know the answer now don't you? Uloko is holding his arms with the palm up. Uloko is doing a Tan Sau from Wing Chun isn't he? The only difference between Wing Chun Chi Sau and these two men is how the arms are held. They are not held in Chi Sau position. That does not matter. Generically, udo is doing a Fuk Sau and Uloko is doing a Tan Sau.

Recall. We are still talking about the Bodybuilder, too much Yang and too little Yin. The other thing that is incredibly basic that I thought everyone would jump on is this.

According to Yin/Yang theory, the underside or fleshy part of the arm is Yin. The outer part or hard part of the arm is Yang. When we look at Udo and Uloko, what do we see?

Udo has his arm with the Yang part exposed. Uloko has his arm with the Yin Part exposed. So what? What you mean so what? Don't you guys know anything? ;)

Yin cancels Yang right? Udo puts out his hand with the Yang part exposed. So Uloko purposely turns his arms Yin side up. His Yin force is canceling Udo's Yang force. If Udo physically attacks, Uloko's Yin force is right there ready to take on Udo's Yang force.

I will let you absorb that. Then I come back and tell you how this information helps you diagnose where the bodybuilder has lost his Yin to increase his Yang.

(EDIT: I don't wanna forget. Udo is trying to control Uloko with the Yang arm down like that, as in Darth Vader control of Uloko's body. Uloko turns his hands to the Yin position to resist this Darth Vader control.

Yang is a crushing force, a killing force. Yin is an expanding force, a living force. Udo 's Yang hand is trying to crush Uloko. He is trying to use his Yang to crush Uloko's Yin force. If he succeeds, Uloko will feel fear. Uloko puts his arms out palm out to help his Yin force counteract the crushing Yang force.)

anerlich
06-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Yin is an expanding force

Actually Yang is normally thought of as an expanding force, and Yin as a contractive one. Time for you to read "I Ching for Dummies" again, a title which in your case is singularly appropriate.

The rest of your idiotic missive deserves no response.

lada
06-08-2005, 08:00 PM
I start the game. Here is a picture of a bodybuilder.

What does your knowledge of kung fu, body language or any other knowledge you have that applies tell you about this picture? Share with us what you know. Don't be shy.

I got some very specific questions I want to ask and a very specific thing I want to show you.
!

Seems like it took forever but we are finally here! In the previous post, we remembered that Yang is the outside of the body, the hard part, and Yin is the inside of the body, the soft part. We saw that Udo had his arm hard part up so we could look right at the Yang part. Uloko had his arm with the palm up so we could look right at the Yin part. We know right where they are.

Remember the numbers from the Yin/Yang scale? A man is 6 Yang and 4 Yin? The bodybuilder is 8 Yang and 2 Yin because he took 2 Yin and gave it to the Yang for the big muscles? If you remember all of that, and then you look at Udo and Uloko, what is the obvious answer to the question "Where does the bodybuilder lose his Yin from?"

The obvious answer is from the underside fleshy part of the arm the Uloko is showing to us. Let's go look at the bodybuilder now.

http://www.happeh.com/Images/WeightlifterLabeled.jpg

On this picture of the body builder, there are two arrows that point to the inside of the elbow. If you look in this area, you can clearly see that his left side upper arm looks nice and rectangular while his right side upper arm looks rounded. The Yin part of the arm underneath the right side has atrophied, shrunk, so that the muscles you see could get bigger.

There is another arrow pointing at his right chest. If you look closely, you can clearly see a dent or a hole there. This is more evidence that the Yin on the right side of the body has shrunken smaller than it normally is. I could explain why the dent is there but it will just be confusing. If you look at the forearms, the right forearm is smaller than the left forearm. This is why I said "look at his hand" in a previous post. The Yin part of the right hand has shrunken. That is why it is balled up in a fist like that.

Then at the upper part of the shoulder and upper back, on the right side I drew a line. That line is where his Yin has shrunken downwards. If you compare both sides, the right side is smaller and slanted down because of the Yin shrinkage.

People are supposed to be balanced. If you become unbalanced there is a price to pay. This man has very big muscles, but one side of his body is now crooked. The Yin has shrunken on the right side so the muscles could grow.

I went thru all of this because of a thread in the Wing Chun section called "Will Wing Chun make you go grey". I suggested that a man doing a style designed for a women could cause a man to become sick or maybe go gay.

I have just demonstrated that a man that does too much Yang exercise, bodybuilding, will become deformed, crippled, because of the imbalance between Yin and Yang that he induces in himself. I think that this same principle could apply to a man doing the woman's art of Wing Chun. I think a person should understand what exactly they are doing before they blindly throw themselves into something that could eventually make them unhealthy. Maybe moderate Wing Chun is no problem. Only doing Wing Chun too much or incorrectly would cause the problem. A thoughtful person would want to consider the possibilities.

It is not considered polite, but if you look in that bodybuilders face, what do you see? I see a person who might be the butt of ****sexual jokes from people so inclined to do so. Was he like that before, or after he did all the weightlifting?

lada
06-10-2005, 11:48 AM
It is the funniest thing. People hate you when you know things they don't. Really. The easiest way to get people to hate and shun you is to demonstrate knowledge they do not have.

It's OK. I know you can't help yourselves. It is part of the process to hate me before you figure out I am right. It will teach you the lesson of listening to people. Now you think you can ignore me and hate me because I am a bozo who doesn't know anything. But then, in a few years, when you find out I am right, you will realize how badly you treated me and you will regret what you did. That regret will cause you to begin treating strangers and people in general more kindly. After all, you never know who might have knowledge for you. You didn't listen when I talked, but now that you learned your lesson, you will never do that again.

It doesn't matter I tell you all this. Even if you know how it works and what is coming, you can't change it. You have to live thru it for it to work. You can't fake it or ignore it or outwit it.

Anyways. I promised you I would tell you a secret of kung fu that would take you years to figure out. That Yin and Yang stuff? That is in a basic kung fu book. That is no secret. You guys really ought to study more. Of course I can't tell you the secret without making you guess where it comes from. You would not deny me what little enjoyment I get out of this would you? I listen to everyone's doubt so the least you can do is let me have my enjoyment with the picture guessing games.

This one I am smiling from ear to ear. I can hear the screams of outrage right thru the computer. "You are a moron! You are stupid! That doesn't have anything to do with kung fu! You are a kook! Go away! We have our hands over our ears and are ingoring you!" Sorry. My mission is to educate you whether you like it or not. ;)

This one is so easy you will kick yourself when you see it. It is so easy you will be forced to ask yourself, "why have I never heard this before?". You will have to wonder, "Are conspiracy theories really hogwash or are there really conspiracy theories to keep knowledge from people so they remain weak and powerless?" It is really that obvious. There is this picture and only one other picture clue. Easy.

http://www.happeh.com/Images/Cow.JPG

I can hear you cussing. I am laughing my head off. It is right there in front of your face. I swear on whatever you hold holy. ;)

SaMantis
06-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Do you guys hear something? :confused:

Oh wait. It's just crickets.

lada
06-12-2005, 05:00 AM
I know you guys are doubters. Maybe that first photo is just an accident. Maybe I cheated and doctored it somehow. Maybe that is the only guy in the world who looks like that.

Here is another photo of a bodybuilder. I have drawn arrows that clearly show that his....left side leg is huge and his left side upper chest and shoulder are big. The arrows on the other side show how the right leg is much smaller and the right upper shoulder and upper chest are not as prominent.

This is another example of too much Yang taking from the Yin. The signs are hard to ignore.

http://www.happeh.com/Images/SatyenModified.jpg

lada
06-12-2005, 05:25 AM
I wanna say why I am putting this question here.

I think that lots of modern people are becoming skeptical about kung fu. I think that people here lots of lies in daily life. Then they go to the movies and see kung fu where people fly thru the air and do crazy stuff. After hearing those lies and seeing those movies, I think that lots of modern people think that kung fu is like aerobics or weightlifting. Just another way to get in shape.

The real problem seems to be MMA. MMA is getting so popular that all the young people talk about it. MMA is not kung fu. MMA uses kung fu techniques to beat up people. MMA has no social code, no moral code, no philosophical teachings. It is about turning out people who are good at providing a show for paying customers.

There IS something special to kung fu. Kung fu can provide you with abilities that to average people seem amazing. Kung fu can help you understand the meaning of life and how the universe works. Many of the stunts you see in kung fu movies have a basis in reality. No people cannot fly thru the air. But they can become very light and nimble and do stunts that seem very close to flying. It is not supernatural or anything. Physics can explain the feats that these people accomplish.

If you have ever seen the 36th Chambers of Shaolin, in one scene the student is supposed to walk on plates that are floating in a pool of water. He is to walk on the plates without falling in. On his first try he of course goes right into the water and splashes around sputtering. By the end of the movie, he discovers how to do the trick. He walks on the plates across the water without falling in. This is not lies, it is a real skill that a person can gain. It is easily described by physics why it is possible. It works like skipping a stone across a pool of water. The stone should sink but it doesn't

By posting these guessing games about kung fu and trying to get people to see how kung fu relates to every aspect of everyday life, I am hoping to get people to see that kung fu is not lies like you hear in everyday life. That kung fu really will give you special abilities and make you powerful. Much more so than something like jogging or tennis.

And what could be more everyday life than a picture of a cow? Here is the other half of the clue for the cow question.

http://www.happeh.com/Images/yin-yang.jpg

Yep. Just a simple Yin/Yang symbol. And no, the answer to the question does not have anything to do with the Yin/Yang sign and the cow both being black and white.

Lots of people think the Yin Yang sign is philosophical symbol. Or maybe a cultural symbol. It is. You have to think like men who want power to divine some of the other meanings of the Yin Yang sign.

Let's imagine we are tough chinese guys who know kung fu. Some white guys show up. They have these things called guns. The proceed to kill lots of chinese people and enforce their will on the chinese people. These white men come to china and they say "what is that sign?" You answer them "It is called Yin Yang sign". The white people say "what does it mean?".

Being a kung fu man, you can tell by looking at these white men they have no idea what kung fu is about. In fact chinese called white people gwai lo or barbarian when they first met them. That is not an insult, that is a factual description by an elevated person of an animal like person.

These white guys just got finished killing lots of chinese people and enforcing thier will on China. Are you really going to tell them what the Yin Yang sign means? The secrets of the power of kung fu? Heck no! You tell them something to make them go away. Because of the way advanced kung fu works, it is hard to tell direct lies. But it is just fine to tell people 1/10th of the truth.

So those old kung fu guys told the white guys "It is a philosophical symbol of the way we look at the world". The white guys, being superior since they took over the country, think, "Ok. Sounds like a good explanation to me", and they walk away. The secret of kung fu power described bu the Yin Yang sign is safe.

If you pay attention at all, I practically already told you that the Yin Yang sign is not just a philosophical symbol and that it does have real world application. Does that help you connect it with the cow picture?

Remember, when you are figuring this out, you can do anything you wish. Make any connection you want as long as you feel you can justify it.

unkokusai
06-12-2005, 08:14 AM
It is the funniest thing. People hate you when you know things they don't.

Then you must be loved and admired by all!

Mr Punch
06-12-2005, 08:53 AM
LOL Unkokusai... been a while.

Lada, you're not a kook as that would imply there is something cute or endearing about your condition. Please stop taking your beliefs from watching movies and half-co(ked half-read half-remembered TCM and whatever. Stop watching movies, stop searching for pictures of romosexuals, and stop coming here!

Going to a shrink is what you need to do.

unkokusai
06-12-2005, 01:28 PM
LOL Unkokusai... been a while..

Hisashiburi :D

lada
06-16-2005, 08:20 PM
LOL Unkokusai... been a while.

Lada, you're not a kook as that would imply there is something cute or endearing about your condition. Please stop taking your beliefs from watching movies and half-co(ked half-read half-remembered TCM and whatever. Stop watching movies, stop searching for pictures of romosexuals, and stop coming here!

Going to a shrink is what you need to do.

I have not posted the answer to my question for a reason. I am doing an experiment.

I want to see how long people will ignore freely given, advanced knowledge.

I heard that when jesus was going around, people told him to shut the hell up. I heard when Einstein was around, people told him to shut up. I heard when Galileo and Copernicus were around, people told them to shut up.

Of course, decades and centuries later, we all benefit from the discoveries of those men. Everyone knows Galilea and Copernicus and Einstein were geniuses who contributed to modern technology. Jesus started a major religion that is still followed to this day.

This thread is one of the tests I was talking about in the other thread. The ones that seperate the sheeple from the ones with possibilities.

Do you listen to the braying sheeple, believe I am full of baloney and walk away from knowledge that will change your life? Or are you your own man who can examine evidence put in front of him and ponder new ideas?

Out of an entire forums, not one person will even take a guess at what I am getting at. What does that say? No ambition? No smarts? No imagination? Not willing to take risks? Not strong enough to stand in front of a crowd and be wrong? Easily influenced by the braying sheeple?

I know it is scary to speak up. My instructor would talk to us for an hour or two straight, non stop. Then he would ask all 35 of us, are there any questions? You know what? There hardly ever were. People were afraid of looking stupid. They all waited until they could get him off by themselves, then they asked him the questions so no one would know if they looked stupid.

You know where that attitude led? Shrinkage of the class. The class could not function as the instructor designed it to because no one would ask questions. He had to get rid of about 75% of the people and start over because none of those 27 people had any testicles or ambition. They could not get up the courage to ask questions or the energy to think for themselves. They wanted the instructor to just pour the knowledge into their head like it was kool aid. They didn't want to work for it or ask questions or think for themselves or do research.

If you are not brave enough to guess the answer to a playful question, how can you be brave enough to be a leader of men? An instructor people look up to? A person that others want to emulate? Anyone that watches you in action knows you are afraid to take a chance. That you are one of those guys that hides in the middle of a crowd and only acts when the crowd does.

Sheeple or kung fu man? Make up your mind.