PDA

View Full Version : Sifu Tom Wong & Yuen Kay San/Sum Neng Wing Chun

Dezman2000
06-01-2005, 12:32 PM
I've been looking into learning Wing Chun from Sifu Tom Wong in Monterey Park Ca. The thing is that I don't know much about the Yuen Kay San/Sum Neng Wing Chun lineage other than the bits of pieces here & there online. I was hoping that there are people out there who can give me some info on Sifu Tom Wong and his style of Wing Chun. It looks to be the real deal,but I would like some input on how it stacks up or is different than the Yip Man system. How is it when it comes to the fighting/martial aspects,etc. In other words, is it a good & complete system of Wing Chun. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

reneritchie
06-01-2005, 12:41 PM
I like it :)

Try: http://www.wingchunkuen.com/sumnung/

nojack
06-02-2005, 12:12 PM
There are couple of SIFUs in Monterey Park teaches WCK from different lineage,
check out all of them if you can locate them all. I am not bias, most of them added their own ingredients to their system to make it more interesting than others or they evolved themselves, eventhough they have learned from the same master, their interpretation outcome could be different from one another and pass it on to the next generation.

So the bottom line is, use your own judgement if you want to study under any of them.

nojack