PDA

View Full Version : beginners questions!!!

kamro
06-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Hi!

I just lately got interested in learning Kung Fu after i found my older brothers old collection of Bruce Lee movies.

Im 15 soon 16, is it too late for me to start practicing Kung Fu??? :confused:

I ve also heard that u can train the style that you were "born" in ect. Im an ox, Brice Lee were born in the dragon.

Im also from Norway...do any of u guys know any Kung Fu schools there :confused:

I hope u can answer some of my questions!!!! :)

Reggie1
06-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Hi!

I just lately got interested in learning Kung Fu after i found my older brothers old collection of Bruce Lee movies.

Im 15 soon 16, is it too late for me to start practicing Kung Fu??? :confused:

I started at 28. 15 is a GREAT age to start.

I ve also heard that u can train the style that you were "born" in ect. Im an ox, Brice Lee were born in the dragon.

I don't know about that. I don't think there is a type of kung fu for each year you were born in.

Shaolinlueb
06-02-2005, 12:39 PM
15 going to be 16? nah, you're not too old to study kung fu. study the style the year you were born in? i dont study c0ck style or rooster style. but anyways, find a school that interests you and go for it.

Ray Pina
06-02-2005, 12:41 PM
You're at a great age to learn. You can do anything you want if you focus your mind and put in the time.

I was also just in your country like two weeks ago .... beautiful flying in on the south coast with all those rolling mountains.

kamro
06-02-2005, 12:55 PM
You're at a great age to learn. You can do anything you want if you focus your mind and put in the time.

I was also just in your country like two weeks ago .... beautiful flying in on the south coast with all those rolling mountains.

Were u there on holidays or just flying by?

Thanks for all the answers :D ....do u have an suggestion on witch style i should choose?? :confused:

SevenStar
06-02-2005, 01:22 PM
We can't really pick a style for you. What all is in your area? survey any school in your area that you may be interested in - non-chinese schools also. If all the kung fu schools suck, but there is a good karate school, then you would be better off there.

make a list of all the things you hope to get out of martial arts training. Then, find the school you feel can best help you achieve those goals.

gwa sow
06-02-2005, 07:40 PM
remember one thing also, certain styles are more favorable towards certain body types. it is important to find a good school that you feel comfortable in; so if something feels uncomfortable or hard to do, do your best. now that you have started to gain interest, i hope that it continues to grow. good luck

SPJ
06-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Agreed that it is a good age to start.

Usually we start from some long boxing styles.

I am biased toward Northern styles.

Tang Tui is a good way to start.

Shuai Jiao is also a good way to start.

7* is correct. Whatever is available to you, you may start.

Krotty, TKD, JJJ or BJJ etc.

Best of luck.

:)