fa_jing
06-03-2005, 10:19 AM
http://www.crossfit.com/cf-video/onearmpull.mpg

FooFighter
06-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Awesome performance. Impressive.

IronFist
06-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Palm away grip! I never even thought to try one like that. I'll have to try it tomorrow.

The most I've ever done is one on each hand. I would do it sideways to the bar with an underhand grip so there was no shoulder stress.

Cheers to him for going all the way down. He's better at 1 hand pullups than most people I see are at 2 hand pullups.

Ka
06-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Then you guys are going to love the Front lever PullUps posted the next day.
http://www.crossfit.com/cf-video/frontleverpull.mpg

Lu Bu
06-04-2005, 08:13 PM
D:

Coach Sommer told me that his new book(s) should be finished relatively soon.

Royal Dragon
06-05-2005, 06:26 AM
Gynmasts do stuff like this all the time. When my daughter was a hard core gymnast, I've seen her do things like this in practice often.

I know weight lifterslike to "Think" they have the market cornered on strength development, but it's said that "Pound for pound Gymnasts are the strongest, best condidtioned athletes in the world"

sihing
06-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Gynmasts do stuff like this all the time. When my daughter was a hard core gymnast, I've seen her do things like this in practice often.

I know weight lifterslike to "Think" they have the market cornered on strength development, but it's said that "Pound for pound Gymnasts are the strongest, best condidtioned athletes in the world"

I think for raw strength they do corner the market. A friend of mine just saw a picture of Ronnie Colemen the current MR O., doing rear shoulder shrugs with 800lbs on the bar, pretty impressive. But for functional strength you have to give that to the gymnasts for sure, as they can do a whole lot more with their strength and power than just moving a object a few inches. It's all relative.

James

Ford Prefect
06-06-2005, 05:51 AM
That first video was very impressive. I can do two like that and they don't look anywhere near as clean.

As for the weight lifter vs gymnast strength, it all depends on what you are using the strength for. If you want control over your own body weight, then gymnastic is easily the way to go. If you want to be lift heavy things and have the most power possible irregardless of power:weight ratio, then weight lifting owns gymnastics bar none. The task it's needed for determines if it's "functional" or not. I think it's be best if we all forgot that term since people rarely use it correctly.