PDA

View Full Version : Lap Sau, Pak Sau, Bong Sau

cha kuen
09-05-2000, 05:37 AM
About how many pak sau, bong sau etc excercises are there in wing chun up till the end of chum kil? Friend of mine completed the first 2 forms. How many of the 2 man excercises should he know by now? 15? 20? thanks

flavour54
09-05-2000, 06:03 AM
I have a feeling it would depend on lineage and what order they taught their exercises. I am "around" the same area. I pratice 6 but they all have variances and extensions.
The pak sau drill
The lap sau drill
Bon sau larp sau
Single arm chi sau
Double arm chi sau
and one other one

------------------
"take the pebble from my hand"The old monk from the TV show"Kung Fu"

"I just go at it as best I can"
Benny the Legend.

[This message has been edited by flavour54 (edited 09-05-2000).]

vingtsunstudent
09-05-2000, 11:18 AM
by the time you finish the second form you should just about have learnt all the hand technics applied in chi sao but being able to use them all proficiently, well that another story.
vts

cha kuen
09-05-2000, 11:29 AM
VT,

I am looking for a number here. 10 excercises? 15?

vingtsunstudent
09-05-2000, 11:41 AM
honestly my friend i couldn't give you a number as the amount of variations just goes on & on.there's generally at least a half a dozen for each exercise, so if you multiply by 6 you should get a rough idea.
(i am truely sorry for not being able to give you an exact figure but we don't count or catalogue them that much, we generally just go over everything we know, so some you forget one week & some you remember, we just don't have lists)
vts

[This message has been edited by vingtsunstudent (edited 09-06-2000).]