truewrestler
06-03-2005, 01:05 PM
look for me in the stands :)

WinterPalm
06-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Are you going to post video?

Premier79
06-05-2005, 07:51 AM
I was there last night. The fights were great, just a couple fights went to the judges. My highlight of the night was that spinning back kick :eek: Randy Cotoure was a great guy, he was kind of enough to take pics with everyone. Chuck was either too busy or didn't feel like it lol. I now know why a lot of people dislike Joe Rogan lol.

IronFist
06-05-2005, 11:18 AM
I now know why a lot of people dislike Joe Rogan lol.

Why? He always seemed like a c.ocky b.astard as the host of Fear Factor. Does it have anything to do with beaing a c.ocky b.astard?

Premier79
06-05-2005, 04:29 PM
LoL i was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but he was a jerk off after all.

MeatTosser
06-05-2005, 08:10 PM
So what was the outcome? Who won?

truewrestler
06-06-2005, 07:08 AM
I was there last night. The fights were great, just a couple fights went to the judges. My highlight of the night was that spinning back kick :eek: Randy Cotoure was a great guy, he was kind of enough to take pics with everyone. Chuck was either too busy or didn't feel like it lol. I now know why a lot of people dislike Joe Rogan lol. I stood in the autograph line for an hour and they closed the line before I even got close. I think a lot of people must have pushed their way into the middle of the line because I dont' think we moved even halfway in an hour. Next time I go I'm going to get there really early and take a picture with absolutely ever fighter I see. Up close I saw Quarry and Swick on the walk to Boardwalk Hall, then Shonie, Rogan (ran by everyone but I'm sure he was busy), Buffer and Diego while waiting in the autograph line. I didn't get pictures with any of them (picture OF some of them)

truewrestler
06-06-2005, 07:16 AM
The fights were good. I ended up gettting ****ty seats though. In the seating chart it looked like the seats would be perpendicular to the octagon (NOT, our heads were turned the whole time) and also they had a smudged plexiglass wall with a railing on top. It didn't obstruct my view but the two people I was with were screwed. One had to look around it, the other through it.

SevenStar
06-06-2005, 08:45 AM
David Louiseau vs. Charles McCarthy

that was the fight of the night. Spinning back kick to flying knee.... DAYUM... it was pretty.

Paul Buentello vs. Kevin Jordan

I liked that one too - I could feel that right that he caught jordan with.

Matt Serra vs. Karo Parisyan

this one shocked me... it was an excellent fight, but you have a bjj black belt and a world class judo guy, and it was completely a striking match...

Evan Tanner vs. Rich Franklin

All I can say, is Tanner's got plenty of heart.

Nick Diaz vs. Koji Oishi

WTF was koji thinking? Did you see his guard? hands were wide open and his chin was up... he was asking to get KTFO. his strategy was odd too... trying to strike diaz's incoming punches wasn't smart.

Premier79
06-06-2005, 11:57 AM
I had kinda crappy seats as well. I bought the tickets the day of the event. We were all the way in the back corner near the fighter's entrance. That was the only good thing about those seats.

I missed the Oishi fight, when we got to our seats Oishi was decked out on the floor. I hope I didn't miss anything exciting. The spinning back kick by McCarthy was surprising. I didn't think it had any effect till I saw Loiseau's face grimacing in pain. Much respect to Tanner, he was getting pounded but never quit. LoL I hope his face recovers.

I didn't make it to the autograph signing but after the event some of the fighters where near the ring taking pics and such.

There's a pic of Randy and I.

truewrestler
06-06-2005, 01:53 PM
I might stay afterwards and hang out next time I go. We bolted right at the end of the Arlovski fight. My roommate who went had gone out to a strip club in DC the night before and then had like 8 beers at the event and slept through the Serra/Parisyan fight.

You probably ended up with better seats :( It is hit and miss unless you go above $75. I know where not to sit there next time.

FatherDog
06-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Matt Serra vs. Karo Parisyan

this one shocked me... it was an excellent fight, but you have a bjj black belt and a world class judo guy, and it was completely a striking match...

Well, except for all that time Parisyan spent on the ground, passing Serra's guard, taking his back, going for armbars and rear naked chokes, and elbowing him.

Karo surprised me; after GSP completely shut him down on the ground, I had him pegged as a great thrower with a mediocre ground game. I don't think I gave him enough credit, probably because I didn't realize how good GSP is.

Nick Diaz vs. Koji Oishi

WTF was koji thinking? Did you see his guard? hands were wide open and his chin was up... he was asking to get KTFO. his strategy was odd too... trying to strike diaz's incoming punches wasn't smart.

And somehow, this guy has a win over Chris Lytle. WTF?

SevenStar
06-07-2005, 08:04 AM
Well, except for all that time Parisyan spent on the ground, passing Serra's guard, taking his back, going for armbars and rear naked chokes, and elbowing him.

Karo surprised me; after GSP completely shut him down on the ground, I had him pegged as a great thrower with a mediocre ground game. I don't think I gave him enough credit, probably because I didn't realize how good GSP is.

ummm... yeah... there was that part too... :D He had a nice harai goshi thrown in also. I wasn't giving him any credit on groundwork either.

IronFist
06-12-2005, 07:23 PM
So why do a lot of people dislike Joe Rogan?

SevenStar
06-13-2005, 02:20 PM
no clue. I've heard he was c0cky. I've also heard he was a genius.

SevenStar
06-13-2005, 02:27 PM
no clue. I've heard he was c0cky. I've also heard he was a genius.

SifuAbel
06-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Maybe becuase he has the demeanor of a pekinese dog.