PDA

View Full Version : the reality of today?

vingtsunstudent
09-06-2000, 02:48 AM
please forgive me, but where i live it is 8.30am & i've just returned home from a night on the town & i have to ask how you think your wc might go when you're ****ed?
vts
ps although i may be drunk at this time i look foward to some serious answers.(as you know life is short & we are meant to have fun so please give me some of your most honest answers ever)

ATENG
09-06-2000, 03:25 AM
well, i ain't no expert but generally speaking, if you're ****ed, you're probably not relaxed (mentally and physically) so your neither will your wing chun. not to say hard wing chun won't work at all, but it won't be good wing chun IMHO.

abe

------------------
Its all fun and games til someone loses an eye. Then its just fun.

El_CLap
09-06-2000, 04:00 AM
I think by ****ed he meant drunk. I personally feel that I fight a little better after about 2 beers. That loosens me up a bit. I feel faster. Any more than that and I lose sensitivity. As far as chi sau goes then I have no idea what would happen. I've never tried it while '****ed'. I'll have to experiment and get back with you.

ATENG
09-07-2000, 12:19 AM
****ed, australian for drunk...?

El_CLap
09-07-2000, 04:17 AM
I think so. I have a friend with a shot glass from London that says "I got totally ****ed at..." some British bar. If he meant ****ed as in mad then DOH!!!

vingtsunstudent
09-07-2000, 09:53 AM
****ed in australia-drunk or angry, and yes i meant i was blind rotten drunk, so my question was how well do think you'd handle yourself in this situation?

benny
09-07-2000, 02:28 PM
i'm usually too drunk too remember details

El_CLap
09-08-2000, 01:50 AM
Wasn't Yip Man himself an opium addict?

vingtsunstudent
09-08-2000, 06:08 AM
well, um, how can one put this nicely, when refering to our grandmaster?
YES.

Sihing73
09-08-2000, 07:34 AM
Hello,

When one takes the time to consider the differing social climate and the fact that opium was smoked in public much the way people visit tea or coffee houses today one may view it in a different light. Also, keep in mind that Yip Man died of throat cancer as a result of such smoking. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

This is always something that brings me saddness the focus on a negative aspect rather than the positive. I have a strong dislike for anything conerning drugs or their use. However, I recognize that many of histroies greats had problems and I think it is commendable that they were still able to produce some fine examples of their particular trade/craft.

Peace,

Dave

Mark
09-09-2000, 05:17 PM
Dave-

Amen man!