PDA

View Full Version : the quest for symmetry

FuXnDajenariht
06-04-2005, 11:43 PM
to keep it simple... how exactly do you go about evening out disproportioned shoulders. on my left side i look like the friggin hulk and on my right side....well lets just say that i dont lol. i also have the same problem with my calves tho i suspect it has a lil more to do with me dislocating my right kneecap. so my left leg got alot more use. bout 2 years worth, and i still favor it out of habit.

so what do you suggest oh great knowledgeable ones of the health forum? :D

Vasquez
06-04-2005, 11:59 PM
to keep it simple... how exactly do you go about evening out disproportioned shoulders. on my left side i look like the friggin hulk and on my right side....well lets just say that i dont lol. i also have the same problem with my calves tho i suspect it has a lil more to do with me dislocating my right kneecap. so my left leg got alot more use. bout 2 years worth, and i still favor it out of habit.

so what do you suggest oh great knowledgeable ones of the health forum? :D

I suppose you're thinking you look pretty strange. The important think is to leanr to love yourself no matter your looks.

FuXnDajenariht
06-05-2005, 12:49 AM
lmao!

in the words of Peter Griffin:

"you bastid..." :p

FuXnDajenariht
06-07-2005, 01:40 PM
seriously tho....

no one has any advice?

fa_jing
06-07-2005, 01:56 PM
I have the same problem and have learned to live with it. In my case, the right shoulder rides higher ( closer to my neck ) and the upper back muscles are f'd up so the shoulder muscles take over more, making the right side bigger. What I have found that helps a little, and will definitely let you keep training (if that is an issue), is to do most of my two-handed work with dumbells or kettlebells. This way the shoulders being out of kilter doesn't effect me as much ( torquing the torso ) since the arms move independently of one another. Practicing extra punches on the heavy bag with the weak arm might help too. Ideally I'd like to do one-armed pushups but I haven't worked up to them.

IronFist
06-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Um, work the smaller side more than the bigger side?

My right lat is bigger. It's hard to even that out without messing up the biceps, altho I seem to have developed it disproportionally without messing up my biceps :)

My calves are also a little different shaped, but that may be genetic, because they're pretty much the same size, and it's been that way since before I started lifting weights.

FuXnDajenariht
06-07-2005, 09:34 PM
lol thanks. i have been dealing with it but the more weight i lose the more i notice. im not trying to win mr olympus or anything but i figure if there was sumthin i could do to fix it maybe i could try. and it may seem obvious but i been getting conflictin advice. anyway. ill try that. my right side is higher and wider so ill try some different shoulder exercises. maybe it is genetics tho and i just gotta deal, cuz it'll prolly go back the way it was as soon as i get tired of working out and become a professional couch potato again. :D the dark side is calling...

fa_jing
06-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Some bridging and/or Yoga would help your alignment issue.