PDA

View Full Version : Hung Ga!

kamro
06-05-2005, 04:51 AM
Ive done a little research and found out that the only school in my area teaches the Hung Ga style.

Do anyone of you have any experiences with that style and/or can tell me a little about it??? :)

Mika
06-05-2005, 05:09 AM
I am sure the folks here can help you with this, but as you probably know, it is even more important what the school is like who the instructors are than the style itself. There are exceptions, but in general.

So, if you could tell everyone what area you are referring to, I would think the answers might prove to be even more fruitful.

Cheers :)

mika

EDIT: In the Southern Kung Fu section you might be able to receive more answers.

kamro
06-05-2005, 06:05 AM
I live in Norway so its kinda difficult to say whitc area, but if anyone knows its in the city of Bergen.

Its called Tony Browns Kung Fu school, since its the only one in Bergen I dont got much of a chocie.......... :(

Thanks for the information thoug Mika! :)

Vajramusti
06-05-2005, 06:43 AM
Tony Brown to the best of my knowledge is headquartered in Ohio but does a school or more in Scandinavia. He travels often and teaches there together with associates. I would visit the school and check for yourself. Tony cares about his students. After the Tsunami disaster Tony formed a working group and ended up in Bandra Aceh in Indonesia to do relief work. He ended up in a TV program in Indonesia which showed him teaching Hung Ga to interested persons in the refugee area.
He does Hung Ga, Taichi and possibly some other arts.
He has only one arm- dont let that fool you-he is a warrior in spirit and ability
and has been in push hand tui shou contests with that one arm.

What the daily teaching quality or schedule is- I do not have info- but worth a visit.

Joy Chaudhuri