PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Kung Fu school in Germany...

LifelongLearner
06-06-2005, 02:19 AM
Well, the title says it all. I'm currently living in Heidelberg, Germany, and will be for the next 2 years. It's been about two years since I've trained and I want to start again. Am primarily interested in Southern styles, but any TCMA is better than none. Anyone have any suggestions? Would be willing to travel up to an hour to get to a good school.

Akhilleus
06-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Check this one out, maybe it is what you are looking for...

http://cki.gckf.de/

SPJ
06-06-2005, 10:54 AM
I know Wing Chun and Mantis are popular.

And of course, Tai Chi.

Best of luck.

:D

LifelongLearner
06-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the link, Ark. If only I could read German....Actually, I'm sort of working on that, mostly by exposure to the language every day.

As for Wing Chun, Mantis, and Tai Chi, I agree that they seem to be very popular over here. Particularly Wing Chun. There's actually a fairly well known Wing Chun kwoon right here in Heidelberg. No offense to Wing Chun practicioners out there, as I think Wing Chun is awesome, I would prefer Hung Gar or Choy Li Fut. If however, I can't find either of them, then Wing Chun it will be. Thanks for the replies, folks.

Akhilleus
06-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I don't speak German either...but I have taken a seminar from the head instructor of that school in Shuai Chiao...it was really good...I think they do several styles of martial arts but Tien Shan Pai is one of the main ones...