PDA

View Full Version : I finally have a departure date!

SimonM
06-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Well, I just booked my plane ticket. I will be departing from Lester B. Pearson International Airport on Sat. June 18 and will arrive in Beijing on Mon. June 20 (long flight)! So I am finally going for sure after many many delays. :D :D :D

bodhitree
06-10-2005, 08:20 AM
congrats!!!!!

I will be going probably in one year after finishing school.

hope it is great!

Shaolinlueb
06-10-2005, 09:05 AM
nah its not a long flight, about 14 hours depending on where you arte in canada. i left from nyc to toyko it was 14 hours, then 2 hour delay and then another 3/4 hours to get to shanghai. so yeah with the time difference it works out to be a long ass day traveling.
bring a breather mask if you dont like air pollution. i hear beijing is worse then shanghai and i couldnt stand being on the streets of shanghai or in the bus on the highway.

edit*
im kidding its a long ass flight! oh hope you have fun. watch out for the message parlor girls unless your into that sort of thing. ;)

SimonM
06-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up.
And I remember:

If I am looking for drinks and bad techno (rather than what Terry Pratchett would refer to as "Ladies of Negotiable Affection") I ask the taxi driver to take me to a disco, not a night club.