PDA

View Full Version : Ma Weiqi Style Baguazhang

lamakwoklee
06-10-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm interested any information that forum members can provide about current practioners, and instructors in Ma Weiqi School Bagua. I know the traditional stories about "Coaler" Ma's character, propensity for fighting, (and killing), and such. I'm also familiar with the conjecture about the cause of his early death. I'm not so concerned with these things as I am with finding a teacher who's skilled in this school and can impart it's principles.

BAI HE
06-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Ma had a brief life and wasn't the nicest of guys.
Supposedly he didn't have any students who lasted
long. He basically hurt folks.

I am not certain, but I don't think that there is any lineage
through Ma. That's the "Official" take and I've never heard otherwise.

I could be wrong.

lamakwoklee
06-11-2005, 01:38 AM
I've read that the Ma Wei Qi School is one of the major lineages around the Beijing area. Also, I've searched the lineage line from Ma Wei Qi, to Yan Ju Lin, through Chiao Chang Hung of Taiwan. It seems to go cold there. Does anyone know of any legitimate Bagua lineage carriers after the late Master Chiao?

BAI HE
06-11-2005, 05:18 AM
Maybe I have my Ma's confused. I know Dong taught a couple, :confused:

lamakwoklee
06-12-2005, 03:57 PM
I've read that there was Ma Gui, the "Wood" Ma, student of Yin Fu and Dong Hai Chuan, who was a lumber merchant. There was also Ma Wei Qi, the "Coal Ma", student of Dong Hai Chuan, and some say Cheng Ting Hua. Both Ma's accepted many challenges, and fought frequently.

I can't write of Ma Wei Qi's virtue. I just know that I'm interested in the Ma Weiqi branch of Baguazhang. Do any board members know of teachers within this branch of Baguazhang? Also do any board members know where I can get a copy of "Graphic Explanations of Baguazhang" by Tan Qingyun? This is said to be an exposition of Ma style Baguazhang.

SPJ
06-13-2005, 07:55 AM
OFF Topic;

What does your handler name mean?

I am interested in Lama?

Do you practice Pi Gua, Mi Zhong and Ba Gua?

Or southern Lama pai?

:D

stma
06-13-2005, 08:14 AM
Zhu Baozhen in Beijing is heir to some Ma Weiqi stuff.

CS Tang in Hongkong sells Tan's book on the internet.

lamakwoklee
06-13-2005, 11:36 AM
That's great. I'm familiar with the C.S. Tang website. Lots of good stuff there. There's only one problem, it's not labeled in english, and I don't read Chinese. If you go to the website: cstang.www3.50megs.com/artnarts.html (http://cstang.www3.50megs.com/artnarts.html) which numbered book cover is it?

stma
06-14-2005, 05:20 PM
It is #10030008. It won't be much help if you don't read Chinese.

lamakwoklee
06-14-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm beginning the study Chinese. As to translation thank God for foreign exchange students.

18elders
06-25-2007, 07:27 AM
i trained with Shi Chongyin in zhengzhou china.
He is a master of Ma Pai Bagua(coal Ma)

xingyipwnage
12-08-2007, 11:09 PM
www.littlenineheaven.com
At my school, they teach ma wei chi's bagua.
contact one of the teachers if your interested in learning or want to know about the lineage. They have the purest bagua ive ever seen. only 6 generations in.

B-Rad
12-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Maybe I have my Ma's confused. I know Dong taught a couple,

No, you had the right guy. Ma Weiqi died when he was only 29.