PDA

View Full Version : Has KFM ever done a story on Wan King Fist?

rogue
06-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Or it may be Wanking Chuan but I'm not sure of the spelling. From what I've heard it's a very vigorous style that favors the young and was very common. Does anybody here do this style? Is it known by another name? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Mr Punch
06-10-2005, 11:22 PM
I think it's related to Pu Ling Longfist which my friend did before his eyesight got too bad. The TCM guys said that it loses popularity with older members cos they lose the right power-issuing tension, and the chi exercises are often said to cause defective vision.

The Japanese had a version called O-Nan-I, which concentrates on issuing energy through the Nipponme.

LifelongLearner
06-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Could you elaborate a little more on how chi gung exercises could affect your eyesight?

rogue
06-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Too much of certain chi gung can actually cause a substantial drop in chi. The body doesn't do well without adequate amounts of chi. Degradation of eye sight is just one of the results fo this.

anton
06-11-2005, 07:52 AM
I actually practiced both of these styles when I was young without any instruction. Granted I did manage to procure some publications to assist my practice. I did notice my eyesight worsen as a result. I also noticed hair appear on my hands taht wasn;t there before... it's funny what kind of results you can get with improper manipulation of chi. Not to mention the asymetrical forearm development that occured as a result.

Anyway when I got older and wiser and moved on to more advanced styles with experienced training partners and haven't looked back. But I must say I do occasionally practice the old forms every once in a while just for novelty's sake, or when i go through long periods of not being able to train with someone else.

rogue
06-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Anyway when I got older and wiser and moved on to more advanced styles with experienced training partners and haven't looked back.

Anton, do you mean the practice of the advanced two man forms? Those looked somewhat harsh to me so I switched to some of the styles founded by women.

Royal Dragon
06-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Do'h!!

Not that it took me more than a few days to figure this thread out or anything!

rogue
06-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Chris that was rude, crude and totally unaccpeptable. What the he!! do you think we are discussing here? For crying out loud please don't drag this discussion into the gutter! I'm sorry to be cross but we have emotionally fragile people like RD and 7* who can be hurt by that kind of thing.

rogue
06-12-2005, 07:22 AM
aren't we making thinly veiled, marginally amusing and culturally insensitive double entendres about masturbati0n?
Whoops, my bad. You're right, my apologies Chris. :D

Mr Punch
06-12-2005, 08:59 AM
You tnhik I sholud tell my freind why his eyseight is so bad...?

Wood Dragon
06-12-2005, 10:24 AM
It can be a difficult Art to get a handle on. My early training was a distinctly up and down affair....

rogue
06-12-2005, 10:47 AM
SevenStar: It's hilarious seeing people's reactions when they see a big, black dude with a sword walking toward them.
Looks like 7* practices his Wan King Fist in public! :D

Ben Gash
06-12-2005, 07:28 PM
****** Rogue, Wan King fist is MY joke style, make up your own :p
Don't make me bust out my sticky palm and subject you to a frenzied blurring elbow application!!!
As far as I know 7star doesn't practice the grey monkey line of Wan King Fist
(where the stylist practices in the zoo when you're visitng with your elderly maiden aunt/young neices and nephews)

Ben Gash
06-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Anyway, as the only master and lineage holder of Wan King Fist in the west, I can say that they've never asked me. I think they may have approached that wannabe Jerk Bo loser Legend (whatever happened to him?) though :mad:
I worked long and hard for these callouses. You should see how thick my glasses are!
Sadly all the great Wan King fist discussions (including the public spat with those Jerk Bo Aholes) from the old KFO forum have been lost in the mists of time :(

rogue
06-13-2005, 05:12 AM
Don't make me bust out my sticky palm and subject you to a frenzied blurring elbow application!! Thanks Ben, that helped me reach my long term goal of snorting breakfast cereal out of my nose. :D

I heard that Legend stopped practicing his Jerk Bo which caused a chi backup that caused him to explode.

Oso
06-13-2005, 06:46 AM
Thanks Ben, that helped me reach my long term goal of snorting breakfast cereal out of my nose.

you mean you actually eat while reading KFM?

gross, dude...totally gross.

rogue
06-13-2005, 06:26 PM
First time this morning, and I did it in my shorts. :eek:

joedoe
06-13-2005, 06:43 PM
I love the "boy spanks monkey" move from Wan King Fist. :D

Ben Gash
06-17-2005, 03:47 AM
I'm glad I could be of service Rogue :)
Joedoe, I personally prefer "monkey gets spanked by happy hand".
For those of you who are unenlightened about Wan King fist (or it's sister art "5 fingers shuffling") here is a picture of my Dai Sigung "Hairy Palms" Huang (http://www.shaolin-do.com/masters/index.shtml)

Ben Gash
06-17-2005, 03:49 AM
Anyway Rogue, if you're doing it in your shorts you might want to try thinking about baseball while doing the alphabet backwards ;)