PDA

View Full Version : world's best

frye
06-11-2005, 07:42 PM
I was just wondering what are some of the worlds best teachers (like yipman) out there right now?

And what ones do you think could teach you to fight in something like the ufc?

g0pher
06-11-2005, 10:18 PM
This topic is done too often. It may not be in this direct question but you always see threads pop up concerning "who is the best teacher you ever had" or "the worlds best martial artist." Crap like that. Use the search and type is best anything....

WinterPalm
06-11-2005, 10:21 PM
You're asking the wrong question. The question should be: How good of a Student am I?

David Jamieson
06-12-2005, 08:17 AM
I was just wondering what are some of the worlds best teachers (like yipman) out there right now?

And what ones do you think could teach you to fight in something like the ufc?

The best teacher is the one you understand and who understands you.
You can't really be taught to fight. You either can, or cannot.

oh, and the teacher should be well versed in what the subject is of course and that should be readily and easily verifiable to ensure that you aren't being led down the garden path.

Ray Pina
06-13-2005, 07:22 AM
I had an isshin-ryu sensei when I was a kid and he tought me training discipline and self respect and respect for others .... gave me ability

I had a Hung Gar/Wing CHun sifu who taught me chi sau and how to stick.

I had a S Mantis sifu who taught me how to put the gear on a test a technique.

I know have an internal master who has taught me how to beat trained fighters. Of course sometimes I think, "O man, if I only mey him when I was 12" or something.

But I met him when I was 28 or 29 and I'm ready to listen to what he has to say .... before that I probbaly wouldn't have the patience. I barel;y had the patience a year ago but its starting to pay off.

His name is Master David Bond Chan .... he can do for you what you want. I had the same goal when I searched for him 3 years ago. I'm fighting NHB now but not competitively. I'd like to enter a MMA match this fall, after the surfing season.

If you're in the Queens, NY area, shoot me an IM.

frye
06-13-2005, 02:47 PM
cool, thanks for a the reply ray pina

it was hard to word the question the way i wanted it to, and i guess people thought i was a troll or something