PDA

View Full Version : these throwdowns

hjt
06-13-2005, 12:30 PM
ok i m new to this form. i have been reading lately about these throwdowns.

i have been to one of these throwdowns and its not as people make it seem. i did it, it was fun, but thats it. its just sparring with other styles or systems. so why make it more than it really is? its not UFC, KOTC, NAGA or PRIDE, just so let be what it is sparring.

hjt

SifuAbel
06-13-2005, 12:39 PM
wrong forum, this should be at bullshido.com

hjt
06-13-2005, 12:48 PM
wrong forum, this should be at bullshido.com

i know, but this is my first account on any forum and too lazy open another one lol! sorry

hjt

Ray Pina
06-13-2005, 12:55 PM
I've been to a few of these Throwdowns now and have actually set up the last few.

The first one I went to was a sparring session .... and very light at that.

I have also KOed folks at these .... blood and all.

It's definitely not NAGA (there's no striking allowed at NAGA) and you certainly don't get the same level of fighters as a professional venue. I mean, that's just common sense.

But, at the same time, how many martial artists here are willing to go throw down with no gear and MMA gloves on any given Sun. That's a certain level of quality control.

If you're interested and in the NYC area there are a few of us interested in setting a new date. You can spar or roll with someone if you want. You can also full out fight if you'd like. It's 100% up to what you want.

I will make this suggestion though. There have been times when folks were quite out spoken about people they have never fought or even met before only to get completely beat down .... I had one guy tell me he really wanted to beat somebody so he could post it on the web ..... I was the only other guy who showed up. :eek:

Anyway, Bodacious here has seen me throw down with a guy about 265 .... you can PM to ask him if he were holding any punches.

Ray Pina
06-13-2005, 01:00 PM
If you are new to this site, and haven't been to others, how did you find out about the Throwdowns? What city, what date did you attend?

(add on edit)........

The reason I ask is because ALL of your few post have been passive agressive towards me and I find it interesting that they come at a time when ..... well, if you're who I think you are or associated with them, you know why.

But, if you or your organization has some trouble with me; with me speaking my mind; with me wanting to go out and test my skills -- simply set a date and beat me. Nothing quiet's a fighter like a beating.

In that case, I'll close my mouth some and go back to the drawing board. But what's this crap? This is how little girls behave.

Of course, I could be wrong. You can be someome who's screen name consist of three letters very closely related on the keyboard, and of all the things you have to say or ask now that you have logged onto the world wibe web is "which hung gar guys did I beat" and "throwdowns are fake" .... that can be possible too I guess :rolleyes:

But if you were at one of the throw downs I was at you waited for me to leave. Because of all the ones I have organized the past two months, I have fought first and I have fought full out and filmed them (except for a great battle my friend didn't record but Bodacious was there)

hjt
06-13-2005, 01:04 PM
If you are new to this site, and haven't been to others, how did you find out about the Throwdowns? What city, what date did you attend?

i know about throwdowns because my friend told me about and i read in this forum. i attend the one in nyc, a while back dont remember what month actually but i think it was in april.

howard

hjt
06-13-2005, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=Ray Pina]I've been to a few of these Throwdowns now and have actually set up the last few.

It's definitely not NAGA (there's no striking allowed at NAGA) and you certainly don't get the same level of fighters as a professional venue. I mean, that's just common sense.
QUOTE]

actually NAGA has NHB tournies, how many of these throwdowns you been to?

Shaolinlueb
06-13-2005, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=Ray Pina]I've been to a few of these Throwdowns now and have actually set up the last few.

QUOTE]

actually NAGA has NHB tournies, how many of these throwdowns you been to?

http://www.nagafighter.com/ for more info ;)

Ray Pina
06-13-2005, 01:25 PM
If so I was there. Are you with the Hung Gar guys who showed up? I sparred with the big guy with a beard. I have it on video. They didn't want to go heavy to the head. Were you there?

There was also a traditional karate guy who showed up to the next one ... he was a tough guy too.

Then the next one was very heavy between me and a guy from Long Island but he's named Bob and he brought his students so I know that's not you there because that was a war. And the last one was only me and one guy and everybody else showed up late.

So...... Which one were you at .... in NYC.

I just don't get the point of your post. BUT, like I said, if they weren't real enough for you we can fight, also, I know Gumby over at Bullshido is always down. He's smaller, about 155 to 165 but a BJJ NAGA champ. Great technical skill. And Big Rob NYC is a huge brawler .... best way to sum it up but he's got hand and ground skills.

Those two have impressed me the most, but I can offer my services whenever you like. I'll try not to disapoint.

Sorry if your intentions are not what I think they are .... it's just that I put a lot of time into organizing these things and I love them. Would hate to have someone turn away even one person who'd come otherwise.

Shoot me a PM if you want to get togther or just respond to the next Throwdown thread. I have a few things going on right now, but there will be another one within 30 days.

hjt
06-13-2005, 05:58 PM
If so I was there. Are you with the Hung Gar guys who showed up? I sparred with the big guy with a beard. I have it on video. They didn't want to go heavy to the head. Were you there?

So...... Which one were you at .... in NYC.

I just don't get the point of your post. BUT, like I said, if they weren't real enough for you we can fight, also, I know Gumby over at Bullshido is always down. He's smaller, about 155 to 165 but a BJJ NAGA champ. Great technical skill. And Big Rob NYC is a huge brawler .... best way to sum it up but he's got hand and ground skills.

Those two have impressed me the most, but I can offer my services whenever you like. I'll try not to disapoint.

Sorry if your intentions are not what I think they are .... it's just that I put a lot of time into organizing these things and I love them. Would hate to have someone turn away even one person who'd come otherwise.

Shoot me a PM if you want to get togther or just respond to the next Throwdown thread. I have a few things going on right now, but there will be another one within 30 days.

i was the big guy with the beard, so i take it i sparred you. as i recalled you wanted to wear headgear and didnt want time limit which didnt bother me at all. which is cool because i wouldnt want to go to work with cuts and blackeyes especially if you work in an office setting.

what i m saying is that ppl are talking about these throwdowns like if they were real fights, some ppl are going to get the wrong idea and bad element will show up, i still think its a sparring session and it shouldnt be taken to serious, as for your invitiation to join you guys again, i would be happy to show up, i have a fight in 3rd week of july, a lei tai fight. so if theres one in late july i m for it.

thanks for the invite

hjt

SevenStar
06-13-2005, 11:50 PM
yeah, that's pretty much what I was inquiring about too - intensity level. I've never been to a throwdown, but have been in the ring. I was wondering what the intensity level was at the throwdowns.

Ray Pina
06-14-2005, 06:33 AM
hjt, is this you:

Ray Pina
06-14-2005, 06:39 AM
If, so, I remember you. This was my first throwdown and you were my first opponet. I remember, you didn't want to where head gear but you guys didn't want to go heavy either. I'd rather reverse that. After that I made it a point to confirm with whomever I was to meet that it wold be full contact and no head gear before I come into the city.

Anyway, the only reason I took offense to your post is because the last two throwdowns I've been too were heavy, very heavy, as hard as I could fight. The two men I fought took some heavy shots .... one kept fighting and we had to conclude it because it was getting too heavy for a venue like that. Someone was going to get seriously injured. The last one was a KO. I normally don't like to post pics because it can be in poor taste.

hjt
06-14-2005, 06:46 AM
hjt, is this you:

nice pics,

but those are pics, can you show me video, if you can or fwd me the video

hjt

Ray Pina
06-14-2005, 06:57 AM
I have the video but don't know how to e-mail or post it .... it's too big. I think I need a web site or something.

A good friend of mine is big into this sort of thing and is heading on the road for two weeks but when he comes back he said he'll show me how to do everything.

Well, now that I know who you are let me apologize: you're not associated with those folks I was thinking about. I can also tell you, those Hung Gar and Wing Chun guys were from a lot further downtown than you ..... below Bowery.

So, what type of rules is this Lei Tei match? Is it in the City? Best of luck.

If you want to get some fighting in before hand we should have another throwdown soon.

Peace
Ray

hjt
06-14-2005, 07:14 AM
I have the video but don't know how to e-mail or post it .... it's too big. I think I need a web site or something.

A good friend of mine is big into this sort of thing and is heading on the road for two weeks but when he comes back he said he'll show me how to do everything.

Well, now that I know who you are let me apologize: you're not associated with those folks I was thinking about. I can also tell you, those Hung Gar and Wing Chun guys were from a lot further downtown than you ..... below Bowery.

So, what type of rules is this Lei Tei match? Is it in the City? Best of luck.

If you want to get some fighting in before hand we should have another throwdown soon.

Peace
Ray

have you tried yousendit.com it hosts big files, the only thing is that after a certain amount of viewing you have to repost it.

dont know which hung ga/ wing chun school youre speaking of.

lei tai, is on a 2 ft platform, stand up fighting, caged headgear, mouthpiece, gloves and cups. basically is stand up fighting with punches, elbows, knees, palms, kicks and throws allow. its in MD. thanks

depending when, if its too close to the fight i m not risky injury. all the train will go in vain.

thanks

hjt

Ray Pina
06-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Best of luck.

MasterKiller
06-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Someone was going to get seriously injured. The last one was a KO. I normally don't like to post pics because it can be in poor taste. I'd like to see the video of you versus the ninja. Did he really wear tabi boots?

SevenStar
06-14-2005, 09:59 AM
tabis rock. When I was in high school, a guy used to wear them to school every day.

MasterKiller
06-14-2005, 10:06 AM
tabis rock. When I was in high school, I used to wear them to school every day.
wuzywuzywuzy

SevenStar
06-14-2005, 10:38 AM
that shows what you know. Hot chicks LOVE tabis.

MasterKiller
06-14-2005, 10:40 AM
that shows what you know. Fat chicks LOVE tabis.

. . . . . .

Reggie1
06-14-2005, 10:41 AM
that shows what you know. Hot chicks LOVE tabis.

Street Cred: -10

SevenStar
06-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Whoa, I didn't say I wore them. Someone else did. And he did get some hot chicks. gimme my points back, sucka.

MasterKiller
06-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Whoa, I wore them. And I did get some fat chicks. take away 10 more points, sucka. . . . . . .. .

SevenStar
06-14-2005, 10:57 AM
that shows what you know. Fat chicks LOVE tabis.

. . . . . .

yeah, it gets them too, MK, but you already knew that - how do you think red5 got those bragging rights about bagging your wife?

MasterKiller
06-14-2005, 11:04 AM
yeah, it gets them too, MK, but you already knew that - how do you think red5 got those bragging rights about bagging your wife? Wrong. My wife was wooed by Red5's complicated dance-fighting. He's the Derek Zoolander of KFM.