PDA

View Full Version : Adam Hsu sword

SPJ
06-13-2005, 04:37 PM
I heard about it.

Does anyone know anything more about it?

I do have a practice sword from college days in the 80' that was broken in practice.

The one that I kept is a Dragon Well or Long Quan Tai Chi Jian. I got it from a store in China Town, Phillie in 1999.

I am thinking about getting the Adam Hsu sword made by Han Wei.

Any comments?

:D

GreenCloudCLF
06-13-2005, 04:51 PM
I bought a sword several years ago, before I knew much about anything...(I still don't know much) But an old instructor of mine let me know I had an Adam Hsu sword, and I am very happy with it.

Nice balance, weight, solid construction.s I give two thumbs up

sean_stonehart
06-13-2005, 07:30 PM
I've got one. The only reason I've got one is because it seems Hanwei is scaling back production on the Practical series. The Practical IMHO kicks butt for the price & quality.

The Adam Hsu Jian is the absolute best sword I've gotten my grubby little hands on for jian practice. It's light, balanced, strong, easy to move, etc... I wish they'd had a 30 inch model when I ordered, but that's ok. Not a biggie for me.

The price I got mine at (139 +/-) I think was a little on the pricey side, but well worth it. A total champ for quality & workmanship on a large scale.

GeneChing
06-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Adam Hsu discussed his new design in our Sword special (http://www.martialartsmart.net/kf2001226.html). The article drew some controversy, but it's worth checking out if you want the back story.

Judge Pen
06-14-2005, 01:41 PM
I've got one. The only reason I've got one is because it seems Hanwei is scaling back production on the Practical series. The Practical IMHO kicks butt for the price & quality.

That sounds familiar. Didn't I tell you that last year? :D

Lama Pai Sifu
06-14-2005, 01:52 PM
This sword just came out about 2 months ago. I was at the MAIA Supershow in Vegas in May and CAS Iberia was there and had a booth. I bought the sword there and got a chance to check out all their chinese swords, everything is top-quality. Thier Gim/Jian designed by Sifu Hsu is extemely well made, light and well balanced. I'm not sure if Tai Chi people will like it...ask my classmate Chris Jurak in the above post. As far as for traditional KF, it's a very nice sword. Highly recommended.

Best of luck in the arts,

Sifu Michael Parrella
www.nykungfu.com

sean_stonehart
06-14-2005, 07:17 PM
That sounds familiar. Didn't I tell you that last year? :D

Shhh you... let us mere mortals have a moment to ourselves... :D :D

SPJ
06-15-2005, 10:26 PM
I am sold.

:D :cool:

Ben Gash
06-17-2005, 04:13 AM
I just checked out their site and they're bringing out a dao, quandao and miaodao in the Adam Hsu range! Seriously cool.