PDA

View Full Version : Maoshan & Black Taoist (TH #17)

TheBigToad
04-19-2001, 07:57 PM
I noticed when looking at a webpage in your application photos you use one of my all time favorite "dim mak" spots Triple Heater #17. When I very first started Xingyiquan & Baguazhang some maybe 11 years ago my first exposure was the PiChaun/Splitting(modified a bit) and Xingyi Monkey techniques to hit this spot. My teacher at the time very lightly stung me there with his fingers and even today, the moment I even touch this point I remember the serious pain and disorientation that followed the one time I was "attacked" there.
I noticed also in your pictures Mr. Bell is using a flat open hand slap to this area. When I do perform this is usually a decently hard shot with the tips of my fingers which continually dig and twist deeper into this spot.
Do you find the flat palms works just has well?

Water Dragon
04-19-2001, 08:19 PM
Make sense now???

"When I do perform this is usually a decently hard shot with the tips of my fingers which continually dig and twist deeper into this spot."

Although there are many styles, they all depend on the strong beating the weak and the slow falling to the quick. These are not related to the power that must be learned -- Taiji Classics

maoshan
04-21-2001, 06:54 AM
peace Kevin,

The Palm Method I used was for the purpose of stunning/Shocking my opponent, setting
him up for the throw.

But of course that's in a controlled situation.
The fingers are the weapons of choice in real life
drama.
The fingers are of parimount importance in the Yin fu system. In the old days in order to be considered good you had to be able to insert your finger tips an inch deep in a body. They used animals and real fights to achieve this along with repetitive drills(Conditioning and breath).
An example of this, as it should, is the fact that
Yin fu Possessed the Iron Braclet skill, this the ability to focus all your energy into your thumb and index finger. If he grabbed you all would submit.

By the way,
That's not Mr. Bell in the photo's.

Peace.
Maoshan

count
04-21-2001, 04:33 PM
Maoshan,
What are some of the repetitive finger drills used in bagua to develop strength for finger strikes? (and I'm not gonna practice on animals)
:D

maoshan
04-22-2001, 05:15 AM
That was funny Count.
But seriously, the drills taught varied from teacher to teacher. Some advocated Internal methods such as static postures with Special Breathing and creative visualisation, others on the more External aspects of conditioning. Such as the Iron Palm. Some combine the two.

I personaly think the Combo is the best.
When it comes to pierceing, it must be understood that the joint's must be able to withstand the impact of the strike. If you don't believe, try to pierce a Plywood wall. Pay attention to your hand, Do your fingertips hurt or does your Joint's hurt.
Your Joint's must be able to withstand the shock
of your blow, or they brake.

A beginning method is to Do fingertip push ups
10 in the morning 10 at night.
Use moderatly tuff material to pierce.
train diligently.

Peace
Maoshan

Practice dosen't make perfect.
Perfect practice makes perfect!