PDA

View Full Version : Joining the BLOG bandwagon

Becca
06-15-2005, 12:18 AM
I am not currently able to train at my normal school and need some insentive to keep going on those lazy days. I've noticed that everyone who has a BLOG tends to keep up on thier training, so I figured I'd give it a try... :o

Currently, I do Kickboxing at home every nite after the kiddies go to bed. I have found Billy Blank's free-standing focus bag to be a useful tool (No jokes, please) It's a good solution to not having regular access to a heavy bag for apartment dwellers, like me. It costs a wopping $20 bucks and fits in the closet. Also has been a useful tool in teaching my 3-year-old the basic idea of shoots and sprawls. Keeps both boys entertained for hours on end on bad weather days. :cool:

Also have set myself a goal, since goals are extremely important for motivation. I am trying work myself up to riding my bike to and from work by the end of the summer. It's a one-way distance of about 15 miles with lots of 3 to 5 grade hills, so this is kind of a big goal for me. I've started out by riding down to 104th ave evrey nite after work this week (aprox. 16 city blocks or 1/2 of the non-bike trail distance) I plan to increase the distance by 5-8 blocks a week untill I can make it all the way down to the Plate River Trail at 88th and Colorado Blvd and back (almost 1/2 way and the end of the hills) before I try riding the whole way. My goal is to make the ride in under one hour.

I have also been working on some of my weeker areas, like endurance in abs and hip flexor muscles. I'm hoping that the bike riding will amp up my hip flexors, but I also try to catch the "Israili Sud-Muffin" on Fit TV 2-3 days a week. Most of his workouts are tai Chi and kick boxing based and work both of my trouble areas very well.

rubthebuddha
06-16-2005, 06:26 PM
don't feel bad about the billy blanks bag, because any time spent engaging in violence to anything that's related to billy blanks is time well spent.

Becca
06-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Ok, RTB, you're a MOD, so I guess I'll let you have that one... ;) :D

After trying to ride last night and getting rained and hailed on, then hearing the weather man forcasting the same for the rest of the week, I decided to get my bumm up an hour earlier and ride this morning. I actuall found it a bit easier to ride that early. I made it all the way down to 92nd Ave and back just fine. (was only planning on going to 100th, but I was feeling really good) On a side note: Although it wasn't too hot today, only 85`, I found myself sweeting much more than usuall. I'm guessing that is due to my vigerous work-out. :confused:

I have also found a way to ride part way to work, then pick up the bus the rest of the way. I think I will give it a try next week. I don't know that I'm ready to ride both to and from work yet, And I AM NOT riding the bus all the way home! :eek: