PDA

View Full Version : Pak Mei Kou Po Teaw (Nine Step Push)

Firehawk4
06-15-2005, 06:51 PM
I am wondering about this set Nine step push because this article says that it was known as three step push and then Cheung Lai Chuan made it Nine Step push and Lam Yui Kwai made it into 16 step push Sup Luk Dung in Dragon style . if this is true than anybody claiming that they learned Nine step push from anybody other Cheung Lai Chuans lineage would be lying because Cheung Lai Chuan made it into Nine step push instead of Three Step Push .

http://www.sojournpast.com/styles/dragon2.html

Go Jun Long
06-15-2005, 10:01 PM
I am wondering about this set Nine step push because this article says that it was known as three step push and then Cheung Lai Chuan made it Nine Step push and Lam Yui Kwai made it into 16 step push Sup Luk Dung in Dragon style . if this is true than anybody claiming that they learned Nine step push from anybody other Cheung Lai Chuans lineage would be lying because Cheung Lai Chuan made it into Nine step push instead of Three Step Push .

http://www.sojournpast.com/styles/dragon2.html

Do you always believe what you read or what you are told? :)

Shaolin Master
06-16-2005, 05:53 AM
It is common knowledge that San bu tui (or San Bu Jin) is the Haifeng skill taught and the root of dongjiang styles. It is a known fact that Chueng lai Chuen is the founder of Bai Mei Pai which was developed from his dongjiang basics, lijia quan (of li Yi, Includes most weapons and basic forms such as sam Mun etc) with some spice from the "monk" in the end.

What is more questionable is the existance of 5 southern shaolin elders which is really only a fisticious novel other than the fact where some novels were based (allbeit exagerated) upon some truth.

DRleungjan
06-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Hi there,

What is more questionable is the existance of 5 southern shaolin elders which is really only a fisticious novel other than the fact where some novels were based (allbeit exagerated) upon some truth.

You know? I have a question, how come if this 'myth' about the five elders is just a story per se, do so many southern arts adhere to this fable?

BTW, I really enjoyed the article that Firehawk4 posted; very informative.

Firehawk4
06-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Good information . Do you know anything about Li Pa San the founder of Li Gar ? There is a guy in Hawaii who learned a version of Pak Mei but he dont have the Nine Step Push in his Pak Mei he has some kind of Phoenix fist form ,Tiger Claw form , and Three Eagle Claw form , from what i understand his version of Pak Mei does not come from Cheung Lai Chuan , but from another source .

Yum Cha
06-16-2005, 08:08 PM
YO SM,

Long time guy. Back in town now? Come down and say hello.

Cheers
M

Shaolin Master
06-17-2005, 08:01 PM
DRleungjan,

In the past given the lack of modern communications and the rest, legends often became reality and with something as mysterious or as fabled as martial arts this was (and in some instances still is) quite common.

Firehawk,

Li Pa Shan is not the founder of Li Jiaquan. Again he was part of some Wumei story.

In guangdong there are three distinct Lijiquan:

Xinhui Lijiaquan: founder Li You Shan
Huizhou Lijiaquan: founder Li Yi
Meixian Lijiajiao: founder Li Tie Niu

Yum Cha,

Yes in town, but very busy with work and life. I will try to visit some day, I still fly to and fro nowadays but moreso work related.
Hope you have kept well, regards to your family

Kind Regards
Wu Chan Long

fiercest tiger
06-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Hiya,

What arts did you manage to pick up and train in over there?

You representing anyone from china now you have come back at all?

nice to see you are alive..

FT :)

Shaolin Master
06-21-2005, 03:09 AM
Hi FT,

I learnt that there is a lot to be learnt and there is alot not to be learnt.

I think I mentioned before that in Nanchang, I was studying zimenquan mainly.

That was the only real new art, the rest were visits to uncles such as Wang li sheng on Wudang, Hu Chengwu in Fuzhou, etc.......mainly to share quanpu and some pastime.

Representing? sorry never into that. I do have friends with whom we exchange ideas and our students have the opportunities to train together if opportunities arise.