PDA

View Full Version : Volcano High

Single Tiger
06-17-2005, 03:30 AM
Hey i know it's kinda old but i downloaded Volcano High and you what if you have'nt seen it you could check it out. If you a fan if anime or like old school Kung-fu flicks, You need to see this. It's dubbed by rappers RAPPERS! this is the best ideal ever! I just love bad dubbing i really do, and this has the worst voice overs ever but its god **** funny. Like Kung-fu hustle funny. So i think that everybody that reads this you just get your hand on this now.

Ben Gash
06-17-2005, 03:52 AM
Ah, see I watched it in Korean with subtitles.......

TangLangCh'uan
06-19-2005, 09:52 AM
well, i'm glad that you enjoyed the movie....it is a good one...and as much as i do enjoy bad dubbing sometimes...i saw this "rapper" version on MTV when they first premired it, and it just rubbed me the wrong way. i don't understand why MTV decided that they had to "urbanize" this film in order to make it interesting...maybe because they're responsible for poisoning our culture with their trendy-blingbling-b***s*** and realized that in order for alot of people to understand what was going on in the movie they had to dumb it down....i dunnno....i think it's pretty dang funny in korean....and if i was the director i'd probably be a bit upset that they had ruined my film...then again....i might also be laughing all the way to the bank....do yourself a favor...just find a korean copy, cuz it is available in region free format.

冠木侍
12-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Ah, see I watched it in Korean with subtitles.......

Yep, me too. I actually bought the DVD a while back. I heard about the dubbed version. No thanks. It was all right IMO. Some of the scenes were inconsistent (main character's hair color) but definitely watchable for any anime and or martial art fan.

doug maverick
12-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Hey i know it's kinda old but i downloaded Volcano High and you what if you have'nt seen it you could check it out. If you a fan if anime or like old school Kung-fu flicks, You need to see this. It's dubbed by rappers RAPPERS! this is the best ideal ever! I just love bad dubbing i really do, and this has the worst voice overs ever but its god **** funny. Like Kung-fu hustle funny. So i think that everybody that reads this you just get your hand on this now.

whoa dude you posted this in the wrong area needs to be a few levels down in the movie section. i ****ing hated the american mtv version of this film they ****ing butchered it. watch the korean version its much better and the story makes more sence.

Lucas
12-08-2007, 12:28 AM
whoa dude you posted this in the wrong area needs to be a few levels down in the movie section. i ****ing hated the american mtv version of this film they ****ing butchered it. watch the korean version its much better and the story makes more sence.

Ya the story is drastically different in the original version

jigahus
12-08-2007, 09:16 AM
I valued the movie for what MTV presented it as. A comedic live action spoof on kung fu animes.

doug maverick
12-08-2007, 10:16 AM
I valued the movie for what MTV presented it as. A comedic live action spoof on kung fu animes.

except thats not what it was. it was the film version of a korean anime by the same name.

ghostexorcist
12-08-2007, 03:47 PM
I made the mistake of buying it on DVD. I thought it was a terrible movie. I had the displeasure of watching a small bit of the rapper-dubbed version too. That hammered the last nail into the movie's coffin.

The guy who played the powerful teacher antagonist was in a good movie called Silmido (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silmido_%28film%29). Check that out.