PDA

View Full Version : Navy Seal vs. Jujutsu Sensei

Samurai Jack
06-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Here's a good short article on the difference between dojo training and real life combat experience. The Jujutsuka is humble enough to learn from his mistake!

Check it out. (http://www.h2hselfdefense.com/?p=7)

Liokault
06-18-2005, 03:16 PM
If you try hitting me with a wall while im nicely waiting for you to tap out to an arm bar, well i'll just brake your arm and try somthing else!

Samurai Jack
06-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Of course that depends on how "locked-in" the arm bar was. If the Jujutsuka was trying to force a technique that wasn't really working, then the SEAL could have gotten away with that. I tend to agree with you though Liokault. Aikido joint locks are pretty much the same as Jujutsu locks; they turn into dislocations with the application of a little more force. The Jujutsuka was probably playing nice, while the SEAL was obviously just trying to win.

joedoe
06-19-2005, 11:50 PM
First thing that occurred to me is that a Navy SEAL wouldn't tell you that he is a Navy SEAL. Elite special forces are often involved in covert work and are usually discouraged from advertising that they are members of an elite special forces unit. But then, I gues you never know.

Scott R. Brown
06-20-2005, 01:20 AM
I have worked with two navy seals and while they never talked about it, everyone knew. it depends upon the circumstances! it seems the instructor knew him and trained him since he was a kid. that makes him more or less a long time friend and possibly a father figure. i think it would be unusual not to know under those circumstances!! having others know about it is not the same thing as bragging about it.

Samurai Jack
06-20-2005, 12:33 PM
I trained with three SEALs at my Kung Fu San Soo school in San Diego. Miramar used to be a Naval airbase before the Marine Corps took it over, and there's still a large Navy presence down there. My San Soo grandfather, Jerry Peterson, designed a close combat course for the SEALs. They're not all that secretive. Most of 'em walked into class wearing SEAL t-shirts and "frogman" tatoos on thier arms.

Meat Shake
06-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Master Lin teaches the SEALS basic shuai chiao a few times a year. :)