PDA

View Full Version : Boston seminars with Luo Dexiu

Buddy
06-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Dragon Gate Internal Arts is pleased to announce this year’s summer series of workshops with Master Luo Dexiu. We will be hosting Luo Laoshi at the Charles River School of Shiatsu located at 585 Massachusetts Avenue, 4th Floor Cambridge, MA 02139 617-868-4585. On Friday July 28, 2005 we will offer Gao style Pre-heaven continuous palms from 6:30-9:30 pm.
This year we’re doing things a bit different by breaking up each weekend day into two sections. On Saturday July 30th we’re having the Pre-heaven static circling palms for internal power development from 10:00 am –1:00 pm. From 2:00pm-5:00pm we will have San-ti shi (Xingyi’s standing practice) for power and qi development.
On Sunday July 31st Mr. Luo will teach Gao style baguazhang’s continuously circling palms from 10:00am-1:00pm. From 2:00pm-5:00pm he will teach linking forms from the Post-heaven Straight line sets.
For Yizong members only we will offer: Advanced practice of the Five Elements of Xingyi, Xingyi five element fighting form, and/or Xingyi’s Monkey, Snake, and Alligator sets. Location to be determined.
Evening courses are $60 each. Weekends sessions are $60 each or $225 for all four sessions. Cash only please. Please email Buddy at buddytripp@lungmen.org

SPJ
06-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Kool.

:)

Reign-Of-Terror
06-17-2005, 07:48 PM
http://hotlinktrackerv20.wimp.com/v/whiteguy.wmv

Buddy
06-18-2005, 05:10 AM
Come get some, *****boy. It's not like I don't know who you are "nutrider". What a fooking joke you are, sad sad.

SPJ
06-18-2005, 06:35 AM
Ba Gua is not dance move.

Ba Gua walk with your spine aligned. You may walk in S curve, figure 8, octogon, 9 palaces or just randomly.

It promotes the Qi flow along your Ren Du Er Mai and gains health benefit. You also practice the posture and the steps.

I have a classmate. He really had hard time to understand why we walk and practice the posture over and over. He started to question.

The teacher saw the frustration. He used the double dear horn and long Dao. All of a sudden, all the walks come to life.

The walks and moves are designed to attack and defend against multiple opponents in your front, rear, left and right etc.

After that day, my mate never made fun of the practice any more.

:D

Rockwood
06-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Anyone interested in learning how traditional, internal martial arts are used for fighting need to visit Luo De Xiu's seminars. Whatever level you are working at, Mr. Luo will add to what you've got and open your mind to new ways of using it. He teaches Xing Yi and Ba Gua in a very functional way. Once you've seen how he does it, you get a much better idea of why these arts are designed and trained in the way that they are.

If you are interested in seeing Xing Yi beyond a few primitive brawling techniques, then Mr. Luo is someone you will be glad to work with. :)

-Jess O

Buddy
06-28-2005, 06:09 AM
***bump***

LeoV
07-29-2005, 05:32 AM
TTT

Starts tonight. Really, really good stuff.

But don't take my word for it, go check it out for yourself.