PDA

View Full Version : most unique/rare style

Reign-Of-Terror
06-18-2005, 01:23 PM
what is the most unique or rare or weird style you ever learned?

SPJ
06-18-2005, 06:07 PM
The style or school is really a generic term.

Such as Tai Chi, Ba Gua, Tang Lang etc.

The next category is family or door, Jia/Shi or Men.

Wu Shi Tai Chi, Zi Ren Men or Mi Men Tang Lang.

The next will be your teacher's style or flavor. So and so.

School-> Shi -> Style (names)

Even though within the same school, each style is unique.

Rare or common is only relative.

7 star Tang Lang is widely popular throuout North and South of the Yang Tze river or Da Jiang Nan Bei.

In contrast, Mei Hua Tai Chi and Liu He Tang Lang are not as popular. However, they are still good styles. They are all Tang Lang Quan Xi or school or system.

Most of the styles I learned are within the spectrum of Wu Tan.

However, I was taught some old or the classics and the basics.

Chen Tai Chi Lao Jia or Da Jia instead of Xing Jia or Xiao Jia.

etc etc.

:)

KC Elbows
06-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Online, I'm the only person you'll meet doing my style. What does this mean for me? Well, only I know what I'm doing. Some of the time.

No, really, I think there's maybe ten of us who know all of the open had form outside of Hong Kong. To my knowledge, I'm the only ojne who also uses olive oil in his training regimen.

This is truly rare.

Wanna learn?

Vash
06-18-2005, 09:47 PM
The most rare style I have encountered is the one that is so alive, it's ALIVE. Like Frankenstein's monster, but without all that flailing about and "fire BAD." This style, it CAPITALIZES every OTHER word, REGARDLESS of THE context, IMPORTANCE, or SENSE of THE sentence.

In fact, it's SO ALIVE (!!!1!!!11!!1!!!ONEone!!!11) that ALL YHOUR TRAINING partners ARE BRUTALLY MAIMED during TRAINING!11!!1!!1OnE!!11!! It's true, TEHY SAID IT ON MMA.TV AND (!!1!!!11!!1!!!ONEone!!!11) BULL****O!!!11!!11

Vasquez
06-18-2005, 10:35 PM
In english pls

cerebus
06-18-2005, 10:50 PM
LOL! That's the language known as "Vash-glish". It's almost as rare as his martial art known as "Vashaolin-Do". The most dangerous and brutal technique in this little-known art is the feared and horrible "Vash-sectomy" (don't ask... you don't even wanna know...) :D :D

anton
06-18-2005, 10:54 PM
To my knowledge, I'm the only ojne who also uses olive oil in his training regimen.

Do you speak of Wan King Fist?? :eek:

KC Elbows
06-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Do you speak of Wan King Fist?? :eek:

No, and you should be ashamed of yourself. The olive oil is simply to keep my skin soft. Sicko.

anton
06-18-2005, 11:18 PM
No, and you should be ashamed of yourself. The olive oil is simply to keep my skin soft. Sicko.

Intriguing ... What style do you practice? I'm sure i've read it in a thread before but can't remember.

KC Elbows
06-18-2005, 11:33 PM
Tai hui. It's a southern style, best known in the US as six elbows, although what is most associated with six elbows are the set of external forms that my teachers teacher made that were to lead up to the main style: what I focus on is the original style, one form, lots of in close stuff, reminiscent of chen style meets wing chun, for lack of a better relation.

All right, you forced me to admit it. Wan King fist. It's a vigorous style known for it's blinding speed and dependence on stickiness. I'm not ashamed, though.

rogue
06-19-2005, 06:17 AM
Real Wing Chun because everytime I see someone do WC some other peep says "Awe, that isn't real Wing Chun".

Wan King chuan RULES!

SPJ
06-19-2005, 07:09 AM
In response to the first post:

Focusing "you learned".

Once I saw a performance in front of a Buddhist temple in Keelung.

I was told that it is the Wu Song's Drunkard boxing. I was in awe.

The legend of Water Margin or Shui Hu Zhuan 水湖传.

It is a story in Song Dynasty. There were 108 boxers on Liang Shan. They were outlaws, bandits or "heroes".

So there were 108 fighting styles.

My favorite ones are Lin Chong Long Spear or Chang Qiang 林冲长枪 and Wu Song Drunkard boxing 武松酔拳.

The legend said that Wu Song beat up a Tiger with barehand when drunk. And his strength was like that of a bull or Li Da Ru Niu 力大如牛.

I was only a 8 year old kid. Wu Song used the Zui Quan to beat up a Tiger.

WOOOOOW!

:eek: :D :cool:

Vash
06-19-2005, 09:49 AM
LOL! That's the language known as "Vash-glish". It's almost as rare as his martial art known as "Vashaolin-Do". The most dangerous and brutal technique in this little-known art is the feared and horrible "Vash-sectomy" (don't ask... you don't even wanna know...) :D :D

He speaketh teh r33l.

GreenCloudCLF
06-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Everyone knows the most rare and powerful style of Kung-Fu is Hamster Style...I used to train Hamster style until that traumatic day years ago...

[recounts a painful memory of why he quit Hamster Style kung fu] Young Ben: Dad?
Ben's Father: Hmm?
Young Ben: I don't think I'm gonna do Hamster Style anymore.
Ben' Father: That's nice.
[Flashback pans back to the present]
Ben Chapelski: [tearfully] And that's how it went down, man!

cerebus
06-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Just as well. I hear Hamster stylists run in mortal terror anytime Richard Gere enters the room... :D :D

GreenCloudCLF
06-19-2005, 04:59 PM
:eek: You pulled the Richard Gere card....that's just wrong...

cerebus
06-19-2005, 05:05 PM
:D :D :D You left me no choice.... :D

joedoe
06-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Everyone knows the most rare and powerful style of Kung-Fu is Hamster Style...I used to train Hamster style until that traumatic day years ago...

[recounts a painful memory of why he quit Hamster Style kung fu] Young Ben: Dad?
Ben's Father: Hmm?
Young Ben: I don't think I'm gonna do Hamster Style anymore.
Ben' Father: That's nice.
[Flashback pans back to the present]
Ben Chapelski: [tearfully] And that's how it went down, man!

Hahahaha. I loved that movie!

C0ck rocket!!!!!

Vasquez
06-21-2005, 04:14 AM
Hahahaha. I loved that movie!

C0ck rocket!!!!!

I'll be in Sydney and Queensland next month, do you know of good ppl / schools to train with?

Swordless
06-21-2005, 06:08 AM
Has anybody heard of, or perhaps learned, the bowl and chopsticks form (supposedly from Shaolin Black Tiger)? I read about it through an article on Black Tiger that was in either IKF or KFM over a year ago, but have never found anything on it since.
The rarest thing I study has to be the bian. Wudan cane is pretty rare too, I believe.

GreenCloudCLF
06-21-2005, 06:28 AM
My Sifu knows the bowl and chopsticks. I believe his is from CLF, but he had learned many styles under CTS so I am not sure, it may be from another style.

SPJ
06-21-2005, 07:46 AM
Wu Dang Song Xi style has the Tiger Tail Whip with short staff. It is called Hu Wei Bian.

You may use the short staff as if the long staff by switching the holding hand or the ends of the staff or Huan Ba.

It is coupled with throws, tripps and hitting with other hand, too.

gfx may know more.

:)

ZIM
06-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Rex Kwan Do. ;)

David Jamieson
06-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Rex Kwan Do. ;)

ditto

the 10 letter rule sucks ass big time

joedoe
06-21-2005, 04:13 PM
I'll be in Sydney and Queensland next month, do you know of good ppl / schools to train with?

Yeah, me! :D

Seriously, let me know when you will be in town and I will try to hook up with you. Do you know what part of Sydney you will be in? I can organise for a meet-up of a group of KFO and ex-KFO people here if you want.

As far as Queensland goes, I am not that familiar with the MA scene there, though Blooming Lotus is there.

Drop me a PM.