PDA

View Full Version : They Talk The Talk

Internal Boxer
04-19-2001, 10:44 PM
I find it frustrating and interesting to debate the internal arts on a forum. It can be very useful to talk to like minded practioners. Although ultimately it is annoying cause we are told this and told that by people with no face. How do we know if they are any good? Sure they give examples of what they have done. But being the stubborn skeptic that I am I cannot trust 'words' on a computer screen.

One example I feel relevant is a guy called Ray who practiced Taiji for 20 years, he was amazing at articulating the complex aspects of Taiji, if he was on this Forum you would think him a very experienced powerful taiji practioner. Upon training with the guy, he was weak as a kitten, relaxed with very little internal power. So basically people can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk. I can fully understand other fighting styles not taking internal arts seriously. Because they may have met a Bull sh.it artist who poses as a quality practioner, or they have only read material that is incomprehensible to them.

I have found that I have been spending more and more time reading and replying to posts, when I should be training. Therefore would you say this forum has the potential to attract people who prefer to talk about their arts rather than devote every spare moment to practicing it.

wisdom mind
04-19-2001, 11:18 PM
check articles "internet warriors" talks about this topic..................and, I agree with your thread totally.

Water Dragon
04-20-2001, 12:21 AM
If you're wasting your time and getting no benefit or not having fun....

Than what are you doing here? Go find something productive to do :D

Although there are many styles, they all depend on the strong beating the weak and the slow falling to the quick. These are not related to the power that must be learned -- Taiji Classics

Internal Boxer
04-20-2001, 11:39 AM
Water Dragon you are 100% correct, I will spend my time training instead of talking. It only took me under 40 posts to realise this. Whereas 955 posts, Hmmm if we say an average of 15 mins a post thats about 238 hours spent here instead of training. Definitely on the path to becoming a Ray. I am only joking my friend.

If any of you lads are in the UK, then get in touch, we can get some training done and I will introduce you to my very talented training partner. My e-mail is md@bronzewood.fsnet.co.uk

Water Dragon
04-20-2001, 05:48 PM
Yup, but I have a lot of fun. And I also have a job where I have internet access and a good opportunity to use it. Can't really train in the office, not too prfessional ;)

Although there are many styles, they all depend on the strong beating the weak and the slow falling to the quick. These are not related to the power that must be learned -- Taiji Classics

Water Dragon
04-20-2001, 06:01 PM
If you are going to do the math, do it right.

Let's consider that I registered in June 2000. For the sake of argument, let's assume there are 30 days in each month. Let us take 975 and divide that by 330 (11 months * 30 days/month)

This gives us 2.954 posts per day. In the U.S.A. each day has 24 hours. 24/2.954 equals one post every 8.12 hours. If you subtract the time I sleep (7 hours) we get 17/2.954= one post every 5 hours. Now, consider that many of my posts are cynical little one liners that take about a minute to pop up.

No reason for this one, I just like math(I was a finance and econ major in college)

Water Dragon
04-20-2001, 06:09 PM
You registerd 04/07/2001. Today is the 21st. You have been registered 14 days. 40/14 equals 2.85 posts per day. Very close to my 2.954. Think of all that time you have lost or are losing as we speak. ;)

Internal Boxer
04-20-2001, 11:01 PM
Ohh Dear my little joke really upset you, never mind mate your insecurities have just been exposed. See Ya. :D :D :D :D :D :D

les paul
04-21-2001, 01:04 AM
You have discovered the truth behind most of these people with large numbers of posts. They wear it like it's a badge of honor.

Water Dragon
04-21-2001, 02:29 AM
Naw, I'm just cynical and like to argue :D

And Spank, if you wanna check out the goods, Michigan's only an hour from me. We can do some back yard boxing and then throw some steaks on the grill and get sloppy drunk.

Destrous9
04-23-2001, 01:53 AM
Centerline:

Good article on blacktaoist.com.

------------------------------------

One point: the internet is no different than real life, as far as the types of people you encounter.

How you view them, and how you treat them are always a reflection of you. The internet, as we know, is a harder medium to communicate with. We cannot hear voice inflection, and we cannot see the sincerity or expressions of the poster.

We are all still learning to communicate via the web. The web is a good thing.

"Deep down inside of all of us is the power to accomplish what we want to, if we'll just stop looking elsewhere."
Internal Arts Message Board (http://pub41.ezboard.com/bpencaksilat)

RAF
04-23-2001, 02:28 AM
Many people use the internet to take a break from work. It doesn't necessarily come at the expense of training. A quick post, fast glance and presto, you are ready to go back to work---reading and writing, thats my job.

The posts always add something to my day. Real inspiration, yup, real inspiration.

Water Dragon
04-23-2001, 04:56 AM
LOL :D :mad: :D

joedoe
04-23-2001, 05:57 AM
I, like Water Dragon, am proud of the time I have wasted posting here. My post-fu is superior. All your base are belong to us.

You have no chance to survive - make your time.