PDA

View Full Version : Nei Kung & Modern Taoist Immortals

Vertiggo
11-25-2000, 12:24 AM
I became interested in learning more about "nei gung" after reading a book that I happen to come across titled "The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal" by Kosta Danaos.

The book is a biographical in nature. However, many things that the author purports as true in the book...well...seems like more fiction than fact to me. It's about a taoist immortal named John Chang (also featured in a 1988 documentary film called "Ring of Fire", where he demonstrates his full mastery of ch'i and heals the filmmaker of an eye infection) whose discipline is "Mo-Pai", an art that is 2000 years old. The author, who is a former engineer and a martial arts instructor of jujutsu and tai chi chuan, claims that he has witnessed and experienced all kinds of phenomenas like telekinesis, levitation, telepathy, etc.

Has anyone read the book or seen the documentary?
Also, has anyone experienced or witnessed this phenomenon for themselves or have undergone training in nei gung?

I've witnessed some chi gung demonstrations and was not impressed. Seemed more like a scam to me than anything else. In the Magus book, I recall that chi gung is a very elementary level in internal training, sort of like kindergarten compared to nei gung.

Any thoughts or insights?

/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

ddh
11-26-2000, 12:00 AM
My teacher says, there are few great Masters left who can demonstrate a very high level of Qigong today. One who can is Yang Mei Jung of Wild Goose Qigong. She is 106 years old and lives in Beijing. She makes a sword glow in the dark and her eyes in simi-darkness will send a ray of light to pin points on a distant wall. This my teacher has seen.
There have been many interesting people on all continents practicing all kinds of internal arts. Better to just take things a day at a time. Study with a good teacher and practice, practice, practice.
ddh

o
01-02-2001, 10:04 PM
I know second hand from two people that amazing things can be done with chi. One person was from Vietnam and the other South Korea. Both witnessed demonstrations of chi. However, most high level masters do not demonstrate for the public (as mentioned in the "Magus of Java"). Nei kung is a form a chi kung so in the book it cannot just say that nei kung is better. What can be said, however, is that nei kung is one of if not the best form of chi kung because it involves the use of both "yang" chi and "yin" chi. This is unlike most other chi kung forms which only employ the use of "yang" chi and thus the practioners are not able to do such feats as those of people past level four in nei kung. I recommend that anyone attempting a training would seek a qualified teacher. Without one, you can do much harm to yourself in internal training