PDA

View Full Version : Xiao Fan Che Chuan

Chizica
06-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Would anybody happen to have a full length vid of someone performing Xiao Fan Che Chuan? I just started learning this set and I keep losing track of the next move. I have it down to a point, but after that one point it seems to fly out of my head. I would like to have it for refrence.

I have checked all over the web for a vid including the MQ site, but no luck there. I emailed Martello Laoshi as well, but I don't know if he's got one or not. If you have one (Ba Bu Tang Lang version if possible) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for any help.

Forkintheroad
06-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Good luck, the only Ba Bu forms I've seen shared online in their entirety are 7 hands and Li Pi. What part do you get caught up on? and what type of Ba Bu (Shyun or Traditional)?

Chizica
06-30-2005, 04:30 AM
I was getting stuck at the point of the power cut to the upper cut, but I got through it at class lass night so I remember it now. It's the Shyun stule but we're slowly transitioning over to the Traditional style. FITR, where do you train at? What part of Tonawanda you live in? Just curious as I'm looking for someone to practice with and all my classmates live out ****her than I'd like to drive.

baldmantiz
06-30-2005, 05:33 AM
Hi guys. I train at a school in Kenmore (Nihon Goshin Akido Academy) in Ba Bu. Feel free to stop by any time to train. Take care,
Drew

Forkintheroad
06-30-2005, 12:11 PM
I train at the same school you do, in Williamsville. I live off of Delaware, past the cemetary. I'm still a low level student myself, but I'm allways down to practice (except on Friday's that's my drinking night). Have a good one.

EarthDragon
07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Hi guys,
I am sure you know who this is. I am suprised to see so many mantis practioners on the web so close to me though not my students.

You must be learning from my kung fu bother steve spoth. though he is not teaching 8 step anymore. I invite you to stop down on a wednesday night (see the website for phone number)
7:30-9:00 pm . I would be happy to meet with you and answer any questions you have.

Forkintheroad
07-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Mr. Haley, I appreciate your willingness to help me. However I have no interest in turning my back on my current instructors who have allready shared so much excellent knowledge, and sacraficed so much of their free time (and luch time) to train me, regardless of what they decide to teach. Wile it is true the school is more or less a Krav school, there are still quite a few of us training in the traditional chinese arts. I hope this doesn't come off an insulting for I wish nothing but the best for you and your students. On a different topic, I haven't seen your name posted for quite some time now. Everythings on the straight and narrow now? None the less best of luck for you, and your school.

EarthDragon
07-29-2005, 06:31 AM
dear fork in the road,
I was no way suggesting to you to turn your back on your instructors. I have much respect for Steve, joe and the others at the clarence school.

I was unaware they were still doing 8 step there because as of a year ago when one of the instructors (whom I wont name) asked me to teach him when steve was thinking about stopping the mantis part of the training edge and focusing on the krav.
My door is always open to anyone who wishes to further thier knowledge. Out of everyone in Buffalo with the acception of shrfu dean economos I was the only one fortunate enough to learn dircetly under Shyun whether that hold any water in todays world I dont know... LOL the jury is stil out....

but never the less I am always open to keeping mantis alive in NY. Good luck in your training......

Chizica
07-29-2005, 09:56 AM
Rich, you need an Avatar. Go get one. What'd you think of the DVD? Training was cool, thanks for all the info.

BTW.... What'd you think about Jessica....hehe.

Forkintheroad
07-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Jessica's fine, I mean ****! The Dvd is allmost a close second, very informative, well have to start practicing the trapping skills shown, and some of the applications, I spent the majority of last night studying their movements. I'll hollar at you with a PM about the training, as some of the stuff I showed you yesterday was refined in class today. Did I mention Jessica is fine. As far as an avatar, I like to keep things low key, but I'll see what I can do. If I can find a pic of a mantis catching a humming bird or something mabey I'll use it. Oh yea fine doesn't even begin to describe Jessica, I'll have post a separate reply when I think of a more accurate word, but for now fine will have to do, I kind of like her nose ring to.

Later,
Rich

Forkintheroad
07-29-2005, 01:46 PM
what kind of s h tuff is that, they edited out D - a M *n out of my reply.

Forkintheroad
08-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Earth Dragon,

I just now noticed in your reply you stated an "instructor" came to you for help, can you PM me with his or her name? I'm a little curious as to who this could be, as there aren't many Mantis instructors at the school. On a side note, I allways thought Andy Miles was one of your students, but looking back at some posts, It seems I was mistaken. That's all I was wondering. Thank you for your time. Sorry to all the pratictioners out there who are tired of seeing this post.

Three Harmonies
08-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Who is Jessica and where is her picture??
Jake ;) :cool:

Chizica
08-03-2005, 03:57 AM
Jessica is my step daughter. Forkintheroad met her when he came over to my house to practice last week Thursday. Funny thing is, FITR walks everywhere, but wehn we were done practicing, I asked him if he wanted a ride home. He declined, but when Jess asked him if he wanted a ride home, he practically ripped the door off her car.. ;)

Forkintheroad
08-03-2005, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't have worded it like that (the door part). You shoudn't have asked a question, you already knew the answer to, and more importantly a question you wouldn't like the answer to. Mad funny though, I thought she was your step niece. Regarless I hope you know I meant no dissrespect to her or you, and I do appologize, I just gave my honest impression. However just for that comment, wait till we get that mat, even less holding back on the throws, than at the park. Practice them break falls wile I'm away, you'll need 'em... Naw I'm just playin', but more seriously, when I get back, we should start training harder, like Shifu steve says "It's not pain, It's progress".

Later, Have a good one
Rich

Chizica
08-03-2005, 11:02 AM
When you get back from vacation, we'll get together and do some conditioning. Hey, I'm not mad or anything, I don't care. I just thought it was funny, but then again, if I were a younger guy and saw a girl like her, I'd jump at the chance to catch a ride as well.