PDA

View Full Version : Nick Scrima Tournament/Seminars

RAF
06-28-2005, 03:15 AM
http://www.kungfuchampionship.com/

Master Sun will be teaching two seminars; Mei Hua Praying Mantis Form (S30) and a Two-Handed Straight Sword Form (S31).

Please see the schedules or the seminar list for more information.

Master Sun will be teaching two seminars; Mei Hua Praying Mantis Form (S30) and a Two-Handed Straight Sword Form (S31).

Please see the schedules or the seminar list for more information.

Sun De Yao, Hao Heng Lu's grandson, learned from his uncle Hao Bin. He has achieved many awards in various matches and has been invited to many foreign countries. Sun De Yao has many foreign students. Having a good master and high level of Tai Ji Mei Hua Mantis Boxing, He has been voted to be a committee member of Shandong Wu Shu society. His name has been compiled into Boxing -master Dictionany, and he is now operating Hao Bin Mantis Boxing Martial Arts Center. He is a seventh generation student.

18elders
06-28-2005, 05:13 AM
odd, we never received any information on the tournament??

mantiskilla
06-28-2005, 06:32 PM
hmmm...I wonder why?
________
Ship sale (http://ship-sale.com/)

Ronin BaBu
06-28-2005, 07:53 PM
There is no sanshou this year. What a bummer. Last year It seemed to be the most favored event. It drew the biggest crowd.

TaiChiBob
06-30-2005, 04:31 AM
Greetings..

Insurance and politics = no San Shou..

Be well..

Frogman
07-03-2005, 04:56 AM
Good time, think last year was bigger... more people, stronger comopetitors. the masters show was way better last year. not that there was a lack of talent if fact saw a lot of good stuff on all levels. san shou was in the parking lot where were you? haha not sure what the deal is but i do know the sparing is a Sunday event. will be back next year :)

Tommy

isol8d
07-05-2005, 12:21 PM
I thought San Shou was in the beginners ring. I saw two knockouts. Now that is some light continious sparring.....

And there was also the prototypical sport dad who was thrown out of the building for hitting his son's opponent.

TaiChiBob
07-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Greetings..

Indeed, the "light contact" was better than most "full-contact" events.. although it was enforced differently in each ring.. The push-hands was eventful as well, Tun Zi Tun's coach pulled him from the match just before his final warning for excessive contact.. i thought they were having a very good match, myself.. but, rules will be rules and judges will be judges.. the Tiawan team was quite good..

Be well...

pingpong
07-07-2005, 07:31 AM
it's an annual tournament .... that means it happens at the same time every year .... annual .... ongoing .... how can you say you never received any info?

RAF has the clearly posted URL that is updated every year ...

18elders
07-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Packages are sent out to schools, although it is nick's tournament we are banned from going because of master chan.

Raf posted the link the end of june, nothing like giving early notice so people can make plans.

Last year was the gaylord palms, it was not supposed to be there so who knew where it would be this year.

Local schools were called, guess they just didn't see our phone number???????

Wonder how many people showed up for the ANNUAL SAN SHOU to find out there wasn't any.

isol8d
07-07-2005, 01:50 PM
San Shou (http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/NAC05Main.htm) division here this year.

Anyone from your school competing?