PDA

View Full Version : confused

jutsow
12-12-2000, 04:48 AM
i have heard of a shaolin soft form,that isnt tia chi but is very symilar,iwas hoping someone out there might have some info on it

Killah-B
12-13-2000, 12:26 AM
If i'm not mistaking it might be Jinganquan(Diamond fist),on A.L.M.A.(very good site)in their video archive you can download a vid. o the form.Only problem though,is that it was performed fast to conserve time,but still check it out.

RFM
02-13-2001, 12:48 AM
I pulled this topic up doing an advance word search and can offer some light. Jingang Quan, or Diamond Fist kung fu can be found as a single form or as a fighting system bearing similarities with wing chun and choy lat fut.

I have seen the video, and the movements - speed, stances, footwork, etc are very similar to the those taught in the system. The difference being that the Jingang Quan form, is only one form, while the system is several forms, techniques, etc... based on the shaolin five animals.

Diamond Fist is primarily an internal system, but yet, as with all kung fu, there is a balance between internal and external, its really a matter of emphasis. Also do not be fooled by the speed and intensity of a forms movements. In tai chi, Chen style comes to mind, there are several explosive movements that most westerners wouldn't considered tai chi - but they are.

Peace,
Bob

From One Thing, Know Ten Thousand.

Kempo Guy
02-13-2001, 02:41 AM
I believe Mr. John Bracy of the Hsing Chen school in Costa Mesa, California teaches a form he calls "Internal Shaolin" which I believe is a family style he learned in Taiwan...

You can get more information on his website at:
http://www.chi-arts.com/SelfDefense/index.html

Hope this helps,

KG

jutsow
02-13-2001, 05:03 AM
thank you for the reply. do you know where i could get the video, or is it in a privite collection. i would be very interested in seeing this form

RFM
02-15-2001, 05:20 AM
You should be able to acquire this video through this website. Hopefully they have it in their video selection. I have seen it listed in the Kung Fu Magazine.

Peace,
Bob

From One Thing, Know Ten Thousand.