PDA

View Full Version : Circle Training

marcus_pasram
07-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Hello,

Here is an example of the circle drill (http://www.wingchunnyc.com/techniques/sp_media/ct_chun.htm) at our school. We believe it is a great training method to develop feeling and build reflex.

The person in the circle has to use Wing Chun techniques, while the attackers choose from a handful of combinations/techniques of any style to attack. As the defender gets better, the difficulty level and amount of techniques they face increases. The defender cannot hit the attacker, and the attackers are excused if they hit the defender.

Sorry MAC guys: I used a wimp32 only browser plugin :eek:

/Marcus

Don J
07-02-2005, 10:12 PM
cool , happy training

Sonic
07-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Good stuff! We do the same thing at my school, just a little more intense. ;)

marcus_pasram
07-03-2005, 12:19 PM
You can go fullscreen with the video if you double click on the video, unless, of course, you're on a MAC :rolleyes:

Phil Redmond
07-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Hi Marcus, nice talking to you the other night. Just talking about Lee Sifu brought back memories. As soon your friend gets back to me I'll be able to post videos of things we do in sparring class. We can all learn from each other and I don't mind sharing. The secret is. . .there is no secret, just hard training. ;)
PR

marcus_pasram
07-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Hello Phil, Yes, thanks for catching up w/ me.

Hi Marcus, nice talking to you the other night. Just talking about Lee Sifu brought back memories. I appreciate when the senior students from back in the day share with the newbies. Steve Leung shared some stores from his Great Jones stories with me also. It must have been an amazing school with SiFu Leung and SiFu Lee. I've heard there were lots of opportunities to test yourself back then.

As soon your friend gets back to me I'll be able to post videos of things we do in sparring class. I spoke to him and he'll get back to you after he recovers from BBQ weekend.

We can all learn from each other and I don't mind sharing. The secret is. . .there is no secret, just hard training. ;)
PR True, true true.

/Marcus

Mortal1
07-05-2005, 11:44 AM
We do the same exact drill. I thought everyone did this type of thing.

Sometimes we do it just to gain control and than throw the guy. We do it just blocking also. Great for sharpening defensive skills.

marcus_pasram
07-05-2005, 05:33 PM
We do the same exact drill. I thought everyone did this type of thing. Sometimes we do it just to gain control and than throw the guy. We do it just blocking also. Great for sharpening defensive skills.

I don't know what you mean by just blocking also. Can you explain?

marcus_pasram
07-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Hello,

Here's another clip (http://www.wingchunnyc.com/techniques/sp_media/ct_law.htm). Lawrence goes for a minute .

/Marcus

stuartm
07-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi,

Nice clips - thanks for sharing the circle drill - we do a similar thing but from a much closer range.

With the space in those clips id be looking to use my legs a lot more.

Good stuff though - nice to see a wing chun club actually training some free application and not just chi sao :)

Best wishes, Stuart

marcus_pasram
07-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Hi everyone,

ok - I uploaded a clip of my SiHing Jones performing in the circle.
You can see the video in the technique section of
http://www.wingchunnyc.com (see recent updates)

Note - Jones is my SiFu's eldest son ... who trained for about
18months. But when he practiced, he trained at least 8hrs a day 7days
a week. Its good to train hard when recovering consists of drinking
milk, eating heartily and sleeping for a few hours ;)

Enjoy - Marcus