PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Computer Fu

Royal Dragon
07-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Ok, I was listening to sample ringtones, and found a few I liked. I also found them on my PC in a Temp file after. I renamed them and put them on my desktop, hooked my phone to my PC with a mini USB, and then put the ringtones in my phone Via a Motorola program called "Phone Tools."

Problem, the ring tone is WAY too quiet. I tried to use Sound Forge to adjust them (not that I know HOW to use Sound forge but...) Sound forge does not recognise them unles i open it as a "RAW" file, and then it plays it so fast the ring tone sounds like a FAX machine noise. I was able to make it louder, but once done and saved it won't play anymore on my PC or load to the phone.

Anyone got a fix so I can make these ringtones louder?

Royal Dragon
07-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Oh, I figured something out, IF I save it as an MP3, I can down load it to the phone, but the problem is that a 4:00 minute song is still played in like 1.5 of a second. How do I slow the file down so it's the right speed in sound forge?

Oh, and the other weird thing, even though Sond Forge lays the clip in ultra high speed fast forward, Real Player playes it right.

Royal Dragon
07-05-2005, 06:34 AM
Any ideas anyone?

David Jamieson
07-05-2005, 09:01 AM
normalize it through sound forge and extend the duration until it sounds right to you.

save it out as an mp3 or whatever you need after you've adjusted it.

Royal Dragon
07-05-2005, 09:06 AM
How do you normalise it? Remember, I really don't know how to work Sound Forge, i just have it from a freind who gave me a "Goodies" disk.

David Jamieson
07-05-2005, 09:11 AM
:p on the menu bar a the top, you should have a selection called "process", open that menu and look for "normalize".

make sure you have the track selected.

Under the same menu heading you will also find "timecompress/expand"

you can increase the duration of the file through use of this. or you can scale it back.

doesn't matter what version of sf you have, these are standard functions to all versions.

Think man think!

Royal Dragon
07-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Thanks!!!

Royal Dragon
07-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Hmmm, it seems all I was able to do was shorten it, or make it play faster.

The file playes fine in real player though, is there some sort of plugin needed?