PDA

View Full Version : Grandmaster Chian Ho Yin's tan tui

danMilwaukee
07-02-2005, 08:51 PM
does anyone have any videos of anyone doing Grandmaster Chian Ho Yin's tan tui

SiuHung
07-03-2005, 07:13 AM
does anyone have any videos of anyone doing Grandmaster Chian Ho Yin's tan tui

Good luck with that. Are you looking for footage of the form or the master himself? I saw his students give a demo last year, couldn't recall whether or not it included tan tui, but I might still have some footage of the demo.

count
07-03-2005, 07:52 AM
I actually have a video of one of his senior student's doing Tan Tui. It's not the common tan tui though it's similiar. It's pretty long to digitize and post though. Did you have a specific question.

Here's an excellent clip of Han's version. It's quite different though. I learned them both.

http://johnswang.com/Han_TanTui.WMV

shaolinche
07-03-2005, 01:53 PM
I actually have a video of all of the forms being performed. It isn't of Grandmaster Yin though. The video includes tan tui. The video is of 30 forms which we have in our curricullum. It is an older video of Master Lu and two top students doing the forms. They are all of the forms that Grandmaster Yin taught except for the advance forms. The advance forms include double spear, hook swords, chain whip, three sectional staff, drunk man form, double sword, spear and sword form, tai zu chang quan second road, and some other forms. Count is right the tan tui that Grandmaster Han Qing Tan does is different than Grandmaster Yin's Tan Tui.
I haven't seen anyone outside of Grandmaster Yin demonstrate our same twelve road tan tui.

count
07-03-2005, 02:36 PM
That's probably the same tape I have. Is it one with Pat and your Dad? ;) Gosh, I wish I could remember that other guy.

mickey
07-03-2005, 04:10 PM
If you guys can put that up, I would love to see it. Besides being unique, what does it emphasize in terms of development?

mickey

danMilwaukee
07-03-2005, 07:03 PM
it doesnt matter if its master yin or not i ust want to see the tan tui he taught being performed

TheBrad
03-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Resurrecting a dead thred...anyone who wants to learn (or just watch) Grandmaster Yin's Tan Tui is welcome to stop by Master Lu's Health Center in Salt Lake City, UT and learn it from one of Grandmaster's top students. Tyehao - Master Lu's son - could also teach it; he's in Houston now.