PDA

View Full Version : this is so sad

ReignOfTerror
07-03-2005, 12:35 AM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=3890247&Mytoken=20050702233252
http://www.davidryder.us/files/catfan.wmv

Royal Dragon
07-03-2005, 06:56 AM
Oh my God!! many of those animals were STILL alive!!!

MasterKiller
07-03-2005, 08:36 AM
*cough* TV Commercial *cough*

Vash
07-03-2005, 08:51 AM
This is so sad. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/member.php?userid=14343)

SimonM
07-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Yeah factory farming sucks. That's why I prefer Turkey to Chicken and Mutton to Pork. They tend not to factory farm those meats so much...

Donkey is quite good. I found that out today.

SPJ
07-03-2005, 10:09 AM
This is not responding to the first post.

There was a famous anedote.

2 young shaolin student monks found a mother bird hurted by a eagle. They chased away the eagle. The mother bird did not make it. They also found a nest of several baby birds chirping and hungery for food.

So one student monk went to the garden to catch some worms. The monks always eat vegetables with holes. Because the temple does not allow killing the worms. The worms have right to life.

The student thought if I catch the worms and feed them to the baby birds--

Will I be saving the lives of the baby birds or killing the innocent lives of the vegetable eating worms?

Then the Zen master or Chan Si walked by and heard about their questions.

All are needed in a circle of the life.

The birds eat the worms. The worms eat the vegetables.

The other side of the story is that the birds poo may fertilize the soil that grow the vegetable.

Nature is balance in a delicate cycle.

The student A then said what about the earth worm that only eat dirts and poo dirts.

The student B knocked on his head and said well the earth worm loosen up the soil so that water and air may get in.

Both students are confused.

To feed the baby birds with worms or not.

----

Chan on this one.

Again this is not responding to the first post.

:D

SPJ
07-03-2005, 10:11 AM
Animal cruelty for the cat in the fan.

:eek:

SPJ
07-03-2005, 11:11 AM
More Chan to the Chan story.

The eagle keeps the birds/chickens number in check. The birds keep the earthworms in check.

If there are many earthworms, then all the soil is loosened. Whe the rain falls, the soil will be lost.

So the birds eat worms to keep the number of the worms not too many.

If there are too many birds, there will be no earth worms left. The soil will be hard to grow vegetables. No vegetables. No worms. The birds will have nothing to eat.

So the eagles hunt the birds/chickens to keep the number of the birds not too many.

So the question is where we fit in in all of this picture?

And shall the student monks feed the baby birds or not?

:D

gfx
07-03-2005, 01:09 PM
The obvious answer seem to be to leave the birds as they were. That is to not feed the worms to the birds so that the natural balance is not disturbed.
However, since the events were already intervened by the students, I say feed the birds. If they really cared so much about the balance of life, they should not have intervened at all. Since they did, they need to complete the deed.

You can look at it another way. If the mother bird had not died, then it would've hunted for the worms. So the students are simply acting as the mother bird.
If the students did not intervene, the mother bird would've probably been eaten by the eagle. Since the students had robbed the eagle of its food, then the students are also responsible for bringing up the birds so the eagle will have additional food supply in the future.

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-03-2005, 03:13 PM
then gda came by and stomped the baby birds into tantric love mush.

Vash
07-03-2005, 04:14 PM

That made my nipples hard.

YuanZhideDiZhen
07-03-2005, 04:39 PM

hey man, could you bring me some of those soft fluffy feathers?

cerebus
07-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Now THERE'S a philosophy I can live with!

"All life is precious....especially mine." ;)