PDA

View Full Version : kung fu in brampton

kam79
07-04-2005, 05:59 PM
hello, could anyone give me some info on the kung fu clubs in brampton, one is quoc wai kung fu, it teaches shaolin hongar and the other i found was wing chun, it is a tought by a chris blake if i remember right, any info on these clubs would be great or if you know of a place close to brampton .
style isnt important as long as its a good place to learn,
any help would be great thanks

David Jamieson
07-05-2005, 09:32 AM
dude, just visit each one and watch or participate in a class. If you like it, you like it, if not, then not.

Lohankuen1
07-05-2005, 09:58 AM
if you're up for going to milton, which isn't that far from brampton, then you should check out Glen Doyle's school. He teaches hung gar kung fu and Irish Stick Fighting.

David Jamieson
07-05-2005, 10:19 AM
doesn't Doyle teach out of the kmt building downtown T.O as well?

I've not been keeping up with stuff lately. lol

Lohankuen1
07-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Is that where Jing Mo is? I don't think he teaches there anymore since he's got his own school and it probably takes up most of his time.

David Jamieson
07-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Yeah Jing Mo. On Augusta in old Chinatown. It's Lore sifu's school and Doyle was head instructor there for a while.

Lohankuen1
07-05-2005, 10:56 AM
shame on you david for not keeping up the goings on in the toronto kung fu scene man.

David Jamieson
07-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Well that's what i get for sticking with and growing my own group and practicing as opposed to wandering around looking for fellow practitioners. :D

It's not like I'm new here anymore. Besides our group is getting bigger and wehave a wide range of practices in all ranges. Which for me is a far better buffet than a single school. No offence out there but mine is bigger! :p lol

Lohankuen1
07-05-2005, 01:25 PM
continued success for your group and buffet. don't forget to have your sneez guards in place....:)

PS: It's not how big it is, it's how you use it. Sorry, i had to...

David Jamieson
07-05-2005, 02:19 PM
oh no, it really is about size.

ya see, that whole size doesn't matter shtick is just a play up to help those that are inadequate from feeling bad about themselves.

just like the arguments of "mma is just barbarian" and so on and so forth are only their to make up for people having sh1tty kungfu and studying in sh1tty clubs where they aren't actually learning much beyond ritual dance and posing. :D

let the flames ensue!

Helena Handbask
08-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Yeah Jing Mo. On Augusta in old Chinatown. It's Lore sifu's school and Doyle was head instructor there for a while.

Hi Guys,

Just saw this thread and thought I'd add on...

I train at Cead Bua (Sifu Doyle's club) in Milton. Actually Lore Sifu has retired from teaching and most of the instructors have started schools elsewhere. Robin Young started Jing Mo Guelph, John Rivers teaches in at the Ontario Centre of Martial arts in Oakville, a few of the other guys still train at the Augusta location, though I don't think they treat it as an actual club per say, I think they just get together to train.

Don't know if you wanted to know this, but I thought I'd add it in.
:D

David Jamieson
08-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the update. :)

cam
08-16-2005, 12:22 PM
On Saturday mornings at the Quoc Wai location there are taijiquan classes taught.
www.chentaijiquan.ca
There is a class this Thursday at 7:30 pm.