PDA

View Full Version : OT: you know you are getting old when.......

SifuAbel
07-05-2005, 09:46 AM
When young people start to irritate you.

When "longer than you've been alive" ends most of your comebacks.

When you think to yourself, "Geez , was I that stupid?."

When some YDFOC teenager does it for 3 hours and calls it a "quicky". (OK thats just age envy, that won't last anyway, Mwhahahaha.)

When ten years ago you were still an older adult, doing the same thing, and they weren't.

When you wake up 20 minutes before your body does.

When people don't realize that computers, touchtone phones , color television, the internet, expensive gas, camcorders, and many other things didn't exist or wasn't available when I was born.

When your first thought after doing something cool that impresses people is, "I still got it."

Or worse when they say, "Wow!, You still got it." Oh lord............

Whe you sing out, "here I come to save the day!!!!" and people DON'T know where that comes from.

g0pher
07-05-2005, 09:58 AM
hahah!

But you forgot "You know you are old when you have to exhale real loud to sit down in a chair." I'm starting to get that myself.

SifuAbel
07-05-2005, 10:03 AM
hahah!

But you forgot "You know you are old when you have to exhale real loud to sit down in a chair." I'm starting to get that myself.

Or sigh after a good BM. Or when BMs become important events. :eek:

David Jamieson
07-05-2005, 11:08 AM
I don't have a problem with ripening at all.

when I was younger, things were much more awkward and hard to understand and do.

Now, things come easier, there is less misunderstanding or miscomprehension about stuff.

But I guess you can't really do a "you know you're getting younger when..." thread.

SifuAbel
07-05-2005, 11:45 AM
shut up, beavis, you're ruining it. :p

He said hard, huh huh, huh huh, huh huh huh.

Then he said come, huh huh, huh huh, huh huh huh.

ewallace
07-05-2005, 02:10 PM
You know you're getting old when Sifu Abel and Knifefighter aren't arguing anymore.

Fu*k...time to change the roid pad on my bed.

brothernumber9
07-05-2005, 03:03 PM
.....when you tell stories from experience and half the time they start with "Back in the day..."

......when you look at old kwoon group pictures that you were in and can count the number of classmates still around on one hand.

.....when you used to sport the "Mork from Ork" rainbow suspenders.

.....when you used to do the "one eyebrow ****ed" move in reference not to "The Rock" but the Six Million Dollar Man.

.....when a remote control was an extreme luxury, and a 20 inch TV weighed about 500lbs because it was encased in a huge wooden console.

David Jamieson
07-05-2005, 03:19 PM
... when your hair is getting grey and it's not a lack of zinc in your diet.

... when you start thinking a caddilac is a reasonable car to drive...or a buick.

... when everyone under 30 is no longer to be trusted.

... when your balls are the better portion of yer junk.

... when your kid wants his own car.

... when beer starts to taste different and you realize that each brew has a subtlety all it's own.

... when you understand why electric green is probably not a good hair colour to sport into a senior executive meeting.

... when you realize that slacking and squeegeeing was never a career option in the first place.

... when you are listening to your favourite tunes on the golden oldies or classic rock stations.

... when provided you have practiced, you realize what does and what does not work in the martial arts you've trained in.

... when you realize your heroes were just made up in your head and that everything is as fragile as a butterflies wings and your life can change completely in a matter of seconds.

... when you understand what a colostomy bag is.

mickey
07-05-2005, 06:10 PM
This is fun...

1- When you still walk over to the television to turn it on, off and change channels

2- When street punks start to give you that "I can take him" look.

3- When fine young chicks start to consistently cringe at your interest.

4- When you argue for the senoir citizens discount at your local fish&chips joint.

5- When you can figure out the entire movie from just looking at the poster.

6- When you have to lie on the floor to get a smooth shave.

7- When you start to chant the mantra "I think I can, I think I can..." while in the process of moving your bowels. (Often interspersed with birth breathing techniques)

8- When the entire world has gone dvd and you still have that freakin' 12:00 flashing on your vcr.

9- When your supply of underwear has taken so much abuse that they have gone union.

10- When your morning flatulence hangs around to see what your having for lunch.

11- When you finally realize why your earwax is called "earwax".

12- When the sound of you hands clapping has you diving towards the floor for cover.

mickey

ewallace
07-06-2005, 11:38 AM
1. When your best ideas come not from reading, but while soaping thy nuts in the shower.

2. You keep a tube of Ben-Gay in the glove compartment of your car.

3. A kid asks you how to divide fractions and you have absolutely no idea how to do it without a calculator.

5. You choose to include Brussel Sprouts as part of your evening meal.

4. You call Gene Ching a whipper-snapper.

6. You fuk up your counting from 1 to 10 as I have done above.

7. You come to realize that if it weren't for google you would appear absolutely dyslexic.

8. The Discovery channel becomes much more exciting than a show about two dumb but very hot blondes.

9. Every morning you take a healthy poop, a healthy pee, but you can't wake up before 1 in the afternoon. This can occur during college as well.

10. Joan Rivers appears to be attractive. This can also be a sign of a severe mental illness.

11. You start a conversation with a buddy about how "regular" you are feeling that morning.

12. You have to scroll up on your own post in threads like these because you can't remember whether you already posted the same crap.

13. You mulch the dog **** in your yard while cutting the grass, instead of using the pooper-scooper after each load drops.

14. You can think of 13 or more reasons why you know you're getting old.

David Jamieson
07-07-2005, 06:11 AM
you know you are getting old when you get this;

at 20, you are concerned about what everyone think about you.

at 40, you don't care what people think about you.

at 60, you realize that no one was thinking about you in the first place.

Oso
07-07-2005, 06:34 AM
- you start wondering if anyone makes an 8" sash because the 6" sash you had someone make you when you were 35 disappears when you tie it on.

David Jamieson
07-07-2005, 06:46 AM
- you start wondering if anyone makes an 8" sash because the 6" sash you had someone make you when you were 35 disappears when you tie it on.

I think that's more of a "you know you're getting fat when..." type subject. :D

Oso
07-07-2005, 07:23 AM
maybe so :p

I'm not fat, I'm pleasantly plump. :cool:

ewallace
07-07-2005, 07:49 AM
maybe so :p

I'm not fat, I'm pleasantly plump. :cool:
Just well fed.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

SimonM
07-07-2005, 07:52 AM
Whe you sing out, "here I come to save the day!!!!" and people DON'T know where that comes from.

Mighty Mouse is on his WAY!!!!!

Oh god Sifu Abel, half those things apply to me! I'm too young to be getting older!

HearWa
07-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Mighty Mouse is on his WAY!!!!!

Oh god Sifu Abel, half those things apply to me! I'm too young to be getting older!
I actually had to google that to find out where the quote came from so I guess I'm in the clear! ;)

Btw, he's not so tough. I bet he doesn't even know Kung Fu. :p

brothernumber9
07-07-2005, 11:17 AM
what was the name of the karate mouse cartoon that would come on right after mighty mouse, it was Mr. Moto or Mighty Moto or something or fujimoto or whatever.

fa_jing
07-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Dunno, but "Diaper Man Style" from "The Mighty Heroes" is teh real street deadly...

Ming Yue
07-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Dunno the mouse one.. but I do remember Hong Kong Phooey. :)

Oso
07-07-2005, 11:56 AM
The original pimp daddy (//http://www.pureimagination.co.uk/captaincaveman/images/cavey2.wav)

*crap, my link fu is sukking

mickey
07-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Greetings

Are we discussing old cartoons now? Let me help the gray hairs pop up all over you peoples!

The Fantastiks

Marine boy

Kimba

The Imposters

Space Ghost

Charlie Chan and the Chan clan

Mightor

Shazzan

Thor

The Hulk

Di ck Tracey

Heckle and Jeckle

Woody Woodpe cker

The Herculoids

The Groovie Ghoulies

Scooby Doo

Josie and the Pus sycats (Alan and Greg from Scooby were identically drawn except for the scarf)

8 Man

Gigantor

Raideen (this one rocked!!!)

Speed Racer

Ikkyu San

Aquaman

Batman

The Lone Ranger

Somebody bring some more. I see people reaching for hair dye and heat liniment.

Oso
07-07-2005, 02:27 PM
I don't remember a TV cartoon on him but GREEN ARROW was the shiznit.

mickey
07-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Oso,

I remember Green Arrow. DC Comics. I enjoyed the artwork when they portrayed him as a much older man, a seasoned warrior, very much like the archer in Musa. I also enjoyed the short DC comic, "The Human Target." It usually came as a bonus story to the main feature.

mickey

fa_jing
07-07-2005, 02:39 PM
"Snippets"

Scott R. Brown
07-07-2005, 02:44 PM
YOU KONW YOU ARE GETTING OLD WHEN:

10. Your children listen to the TV with a quieter volume than you do!!

10. Your children listen to the TV with a quieter volume than you do!!

9. When you repeat yourself and everyone notices but you!!

9. When you repeat yourself and everyone notices but you!!

9. Ummmmmmmm!!!!!!!

9. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

7. You lose track of................................

3. ...............You can't remember................ummmmm...........you cant remember......

1. I'm sorry what were we talking about??????

Sincerely, S??????t (i think!!!)

Becca
07-07-2005, 03:45 PM
:cool:
Greetings

Are we discussing old cartoons now? Let me help the gray hairs pop up all over you peoples!

...The Groovie Ghoulies...

Somebody bring some more. I see people reaching for hair dye and heat liniment.
O...M...G!!! You are the first person I have met who remembers this one!!! I was beginning to think I was the only person who watched this.

GeneChing
07-07-2005, 05:06 PM
4. You call Gene Ching a whipper-snapper. I don't know how to take that. :confused:

SifuAbel
07-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Cause you a VIEJO

SifuAbel
07-07-2005, 05:16 PM
"The Herculoids"

Now thats good television. :D :eek:

SifuAbel
07-07-2005, 05:21 PM
Did I mention when young peopel irritate you? I can't rememebr.

Als, when you seem to get asked the same dumb questions by the ever escalating waves of kids.

mickey
07-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi Becca,

I loved the Groovie Ghoulies-- "CHICK A BOOM, CHICK A BOOM, DON'T CHA JUST LUV IT..." They were different or one could say normal in a strange world. For those reasons I also enjoyed the Munsters, The Addams Family. The Addams Family had a cartoon as well.

There were more cartoons I remember:

Space Ghost

Johnny Quest

Fat Albert

Top Cat

Magilla Gorilla

Richochet Rabbit

The Flintstones

Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse

Bat Fink

Felix the Cat

Popeye

Fantastic Voyage

Rocket Robin Hood

Flash Gordon

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

The Archies

Planet of The Apes

Star Trek

The Mighty Heroes(mentioned before: Diaper Man, Rope Man, Cuckoo Man)

The Pus sycats in Outer Space

D ick Dastardly and the Over the Hill Gang (Is this one right?)

The Harlem Globetrotters

Stop that Pidgeon!

SifuAbel: The Herculoids rocked!

mickey

Scott R. Brown
07-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Don't forget

Heckle and Jeckle!!! :cool:

mickey
07-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Hi Scott,

Check my first list on page 2.

mickey

Scott R. Brown
07-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up mickey!!! :eek:

You are now my main man!!!!! ;)

mickey
07-07-2005, 06:38 PM
It is nice to be appreciated Scott.

I added more to the second list.

By now most of you old timers have got the hair dye and the liniment. Let me give you reason to get pain killers. The Commercials and THE TOYS.....

Do you remember (I hear you all cringing)......

The Honey Combs Kids

The G.I. Joe Adventure Team

Dawn

Mini Motorrific

Johnny Lightning

Sizzlers

Thumbelina

E Z Bake Oven

BILLY BLAST OFF!!!(who just screamed?)

The Game of Life commercial.

Big Jim, Jake etc.

Zhorr

Hot Birds

Mighty Mytes

Ding-a-Ling robots

SSPs

Hawaiian Punch Commercials

Super Sugar Crisp commercials

Captain Crunch

The vote between Quisp and Quake cereals. Quisp won.

Evel Knievel

TTPs

The Imposters (The forerunner to those convert-a-toys)

The Six Million Dollar Man

Bullet Man

Chop Cycles

Sizzler Fat Track

Johnny Lightning Indy, Cyclone and Tornado tracks.

Super Bird

Johnny Lightning Jet Power Cars

AFX Slot racing (Regular, Magna Traction, G Plus)

Karate Men commercial

Action Jackson commercials: the first one was part cartoon

Barbie

Operation game commercial

Chip Away

Footsie

Crazy Wheels

PF Flier commercials

SPECIAL--- Toys for Fall and Spring:

Duncan Yo-Yos: Imperial, Butterfly

Tops: regular and ball bearing

Kites

Marbles

Double Dutch rope

MISCELLANEOUS-- CANDIES and Stuff

Jolly Ranchers

Whacky Packages

Tops Baseball cards

Red string candy

Cigarette gum complete with powdered smoke

Charms Lollipops & Blow Pops

Pixy Sticks

Chokers

Button candy

Lanyards

Sugar Daddys

Sugar Mommas

Sugar Babies

5th Avenue candy bars

Kits

Bazooka Bubble gum

Tootsie Rolls

Barrels (root beer was the best)

Squirrel Nuts

Who is running for cover?

mickey

Scott R. Brown
07-07-2005, 07:17 PM
LOL!!!

I can't come up with a list that long, but how about adding:

Slinky

Wheelo

Hulla Hoop

Gyroscope

Gumby, Pokey and the Blockheads

Diver Dan

Hobo Kelly

Winky Dink

Sheriff John

Red Hots

Jujubees

Milk Duds

Major Matt Mason

Hop Scotch

Four Square

Tether Ball

Slip’n Slide

Sting Ray Bicycles

Jacks or is it Jax?

MatchBox Cars (Preceeding Hot Wheels)

Tonka Trucks

Lincoln Logs

Erector Sets

Beanie and Cecil the Sea Sick Sea Serpent

SifuAbel
07-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Fill in the space.

"Extra value is what you get when you buy.........."

***** **** ** **** is my favorite cofee, a better coffe a millionaires money can't buy.

"Time to make the ..........."

SPACE:**** with Martin Landau

Who co-starred with Ray Walston in the popular series "My favorite martian".
Hint he became the alter ego of another green dude.

And of course, the Kings of 70's Sid and Marty *****.

good luck

SifuAbel
07-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Magilla Gorilla

now I'm teary eyed.

Oso
07-07-2005, 09:17 PM
"Time to make the ..........."

donuts

SPACE:**** with Martin Landau

Had the freakin' spaceship...wonder how much that would be worth today if I hadn't of taken it apart.

And of course, the Kings of 70's Sid and Marty *****.

Kroft....Sigmund

adding to the list:

Land of the Lost -- I wanted to do Holly

One Day at a Time -- I wanted to do the Anne waaaaay before I thought Barbera was cute...sadly ended up dating too many women who were more like Julie.

Micronaughts -- FTR, never sexually attracted to any of them.

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-07-2005, 10:14 PM
mikey ... i dont think that means your old i think that means you grew up in the 80s.

i remember all that stuff and im only 25. i feel older than that due to starting a family at a young age sometimes, but i don't think you even get seasoned until around 40.

SimonM
07-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Did I mention when young peopel irritate you? I can't rememebr.

Als, when you seem to get asked the same dumb questions by the ever escalating waves of kids.

"Nirvana, who the hell are they? Were they like Nickelback or something?"

Aargh!

I don't even bother mentioning:

Sisters of Mercy
Bauhaus
David Bowie
Pink Floyd
The Doors

to kids like that. The fact that I have started calling teenagers kids is also telling.

KC Elbows
07-07-2005, 10:54 PM
I am shocked that Big Jim with kung fu grip has not been mentioned.

mickey
07-08-2005, 03:25 AM
KC Elbows,

Big Jim as well as Big Jake were mentioned. They never had the kung fu grip. That was G.I. Joe.

Scott,

Matchbox cars were probably the most overlooked cars. They were pretty good.

Johnny Lightning cars were my favorite die cast cars because they exemplified the term "cool". They were always cold to the touch. It was like walking around with an ice cube in your pocket.

Corgi Cars were probably the most expensive.

mickey

Ming Yue
07-08-2005, 04:13 AM
Some of my friends had a Big Wheel..

But I could do mad powerslides on my Green Machine.

:)

BM2
07-08-2005, 05:26 AM
Or sigh after a good BM. Or when BMs become important events. :eek:

Uggghhh!!! That's my fourm name :o

At my jiu-jitsu class, I over heard one of the guys I roll with talking about a guy my age that he went against in a tournament. " The guy was 44 or 45 and had long hair and a beard. There wasn't anyone in his age group and he was put in with all of us young guys ( he is 19 or 20). I mounted him and looked down and thought ****, I rolling with Father Time."

BM2
07-08-2005, 05:52 AM
I had a lunch box in the first grade that had a TV show about astronauts coming to earth in the stone age. The theme song went something like " It's about time, it's about space, it's about man from outerspace..." It had a couple of really hot cave women in skippy animal bikinis and a guy that started every other sentance with "oouu oouu..."
Well I was on the school bus with it and a second grader kept picking on me. I finally had enough and turned around and beat him with that lunch box. I gave it to him as fast and as hard as I could. I recall giving to the top of his head and when he would cover it up, I went side to side with it to his head. It dented my lunch box so bad that I never could use it again and had to trade lunch boxes with my 6 year older sister who did have the finger strength to open it. She had that **** "H.R. Puff N Stuff" lunch box :(
When I was a sophmore in H.S. and was riding the school bus with the other guy that I had hit with my lunch box who was now a junior and a lineman on the football team, he leaned over from behind and hit me with his senior ring on my head. All he said was " That's for the lunch box." Unfortunatlly for me, I was buying my lunch then. :o :mad:
And there was a TV show when I was just a very young teenager that had a woman and younger woman on it. Something woman and something girl, just don't recall. Oh man were they soooo hot. The outfits were so skimpy. :D
The Adventures of Tom Terrific
Bullwinkle and Rocky
"The next program is brought to you in living color, in order to enjoy it in its full capacity, please adjust your color set now." Then the pea**** would walk out and spread his feathers with the tip of each feather a different color. Then the guy would tell you what each color was supposed to be. The other channels used the color bars.
The flimsy screen cover that was to make your B\W set appear to be color. Oh what piece of crap that was.

Ou Ji
07-08-2005, 05:58 AM
"It's about time, it's about space, about two men in the strangest place...." Something like that. The name of the show is "It's About Time" starring Imogene Coca.

I can't believe nobody mentioned Rockem Sockem Robots!

BTW, they're back. Get them here. (http://www.robotbooks.com/robot_toys_II.htm) Bottom of page.

So does anyone remember Ultraman?

Not the cartoon.

David Jamieson
07-08-2005, 06:13 AM
If you grew up in the 80's you really shouldn't be posting on this thread.

You know you're getting old when you laugh at 20-somethings who think they have the wisdom of years thing under their belt. Because you're over 40 and you know that nothing is ****her from the truth.

BM2
07-08-2005, 06:18 AM
UltraMan, the Japanese show with his 60 second warning light on his chest when his power was low. Only on one show did he lose his power against a Godzilla looking monster and another UltraMan came to watch over the Earth while UltraMan was injured.
I always wondered why UltraMan, who was from outerspace, had those Asian eyes. For those who didn't see the show, he was a Power Ranger looking Super Hero but about 70 ft tall. Remember how they would tear the buildings up when he would fight the monsters?

Scott R. Brown
07-08-2005, 09:24 AM
How about:

Time Tunnel

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

The Girl from U.N.C.L.E.

The Land of the Giants

F Troop

Get Smart

Hogan's Heros

Ozzie and Harriet

My Three Sons

The Courtship of Eddie's Father

Julia

Father Knows Best

High Chapparel

Bonanza

Have Gun, Will Travel

Alias Smith and Jones

The Rifleman

The Virginian

MasterKiller
07-08-2005, 09:28 AM
H.R. Pufnstuf! Who's your friend when things get rough? H.R. Pufnstuf! Doesn't do a little 'cause he can't do enough!

mickey
07-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Gosh Scott,

You went on to TV shows that have people in them!

OK...

Batman

The Green Hornet

Branded

The Avengers

The Champions

Bat Masterson

Twilight Zone

The Outer Limits

That Girl

Wild Wild West (I think Bruce Lee copied this guys' energetic acting style BIG TIME)

Wonderama

Mary Tyler Moore Show

D ick Van Dyke Show

The Bob Newhart Show

Shock Theatre

Chiller Theatre

Creature Features

Alfred Hitchc ock Presents

The Perry Mason Show

Love, American Style

Nanny and the Professor

The Flying Nun

Dark Shadows

Big Valley

The Lucy Show

The Red Skelton Show

The Flip Wilson Show

The Carol Burnett Show

The Barbara McNair Show

The George Kirby Show

The D ick Cavett Show

The Mike Douglas Show

The Merv Griffin Show

The Andy Griffith Show

Star Trek

U.F.O.

Thunderbirds (dummies can be people too :) )

It Takes a Thief

Mission Impossible

Mod Squad (I had a cosmic feeling that, even during repeats, everyone tuned in to just watch the beginning because it was so hot).

Rawhide

Somebody bring some more!!!

mickey

David Jamieson
07-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Branded was a cool show! Chuck Connors got the role, but Steve McQueen would've been awesome in this.

SifuAbel
07-08-2005, 09:55 AM
donuts

Had the freakin' spaceship...wonder how much that would be worth today if I hadn't of taken it apart.

Kroft....Sigmund

adding to the list:

Land of the Lost -- I wanted to do Holly

One Day at a Time -- I wanted to do the Anne waaaaay before I thought Barbera was cute...sadly ended up dating too many women who were more like Julie.

Micronaughts -- FTR, never sexually attracted to any of them.

Oso is officially VIEJO.

The ones left out were...

"extra value is what you get when you buy........... Corronet (paper towels)

Chock full 'o nuts is my favorite coffee, a better coffee an millionaire money can't buy."
It was sung by the Then owner , an old lady that was ironically a millionairess.

brothernumber9
07-08-2005, 10:27 AM
laugh-in

Rockford files

Johnny Socko Giant Robot

Saturday Night Live original cast

Hee Haw

Happy Days (anyone had the Fonz doll with the flip up thumbs?)

that show with Steve McQueen, I don't remember the name.

The white shadow (or was it just white shadow)

Welcome Back Carter

Chico and the Man

The Monkees

David Jamieson
07-08-2005, 10:48 AM
that show with Steve McQueen, I don't remember the name.

It was "wanted:dead or alive" and had only a few episodes.

mickey
07-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Branded was really good, David.

Chuck Connors' deadpan look carried the title through every scene.

Wanted Dead or Alive was very good as well.

mickey

TonyM.
07-08-2005, 02:41 PM
The honeymooners, Amos and Andy, Your show of shows, The Milton Berle show, I Love Lucy, The Untouchables, :eek:

BM2
07-08-2005, 03:55 PM
The McDonald's commerical where a kid buys a hamburger, fries and a coke and gets change back?

Two all beef patties , special sauce, lettuce , cheese , pickels, all on a sesame seed bun.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

The really big, black super ball.

I think they were called crackers. Two glass balls attached to each other by a string and the object was to make them strike each other on the up swing and down swing. Judge Pen would have loved practicing law back then.

Mr. Wizard gyroscope.

A ring which you put your foot through. It was attached to a ball and you swung your foot around and would jump over the ball.

TVs that took five minutes to turn on.

Three channels to watch.

Seeing a color TV for the first time.

Becca
07-08-2005, 03:59 PM
How about Black Sheep Squadron? Any body remember that one? It was my favorite. I was absolutly hartbroke when I found out the real Pappy was already dead... :(

And favorite candy was Bonkers or hamburger gum.
My prize toys were Stompers and all the Strawberry Shortcake gang in molded plastic that really smelled like strawberries and lemons, ect. I still have my strawberry shortcake bed set my mom made me when I was 6... and my Mon Chichi. :eek: :D

You want to date yourself for reals??? I have a working Charlie Weaver doll my I traded my sister for when we were kids. She wanted my My Little Pony... Just try to find someone who Knows who he was. Most people my age don't even know that one. :o

SifuAbel
07-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Who co-starred with Ray Walston in the popular series "My favorite martian".
Hint he became the alter ego of another green dude.

Answer: Bill Bixby

SifuAbel
07-08-2005, 04:08 PM
I can't believe all you geezers forgot

Gunsmoke

and

The Big Valley.

Oso
07-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Oso is officially VIEJO.

ok, what the ehll does that mean? It'll have to go in my sig since it's the first time I've ever been 'officially' anything here...

How about Black Sheep Squadron? Any body remember that one? It was my favorite. I was absolutly hartbroke when I found out the real Pappy was already dead...

Hell yes...I'd already read several books about the Black Sheep when that show came on.

Has no one mentioned Little House on the Prairie?

mmmmm......Laura.......almost every girlfriend I've ever had resembles her in some way....I should probably see a shrink about that....

anyone remember Dave Allen? British comedian that used to come on public television late night...the dude would sit there and you could see the level of whiskey go up and down in his glass as the show progressed....my Dad used to let me stay up to watch him.

Oso
07-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Petticoat Junction

The Avengers....do I need to say her name?????

mickey
07-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Yo guys,

Go back to my lists. Big Valley (an overt s exual reference that predates Barbara Walters' The View) and the Avengers (Diana Riggs) are there.

The two balls on a string are called Klick Klacks.

Also...

Secret Agent Man (aka Danger Man)

The Prisoner

mickey

mickey
07-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Here is a toy jingle...

Digger the Dog
Digger he goes with you
When you explore
Just pull his leash
Go for a walk
He's your dog for sure

Go for a walk
He's your dog for sure

mickey

mickey
07-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Here's more from my sister,

Captain Kangaroo

I Dream Of Jeannie

Little LuLu.

Toy:

Poor Pitiful Pearl

mickey

Oso
07-08-2005, 07:27 PM
missed it, I looked

OMFG, I forgot how hot she was (http://www.70slivekidvid.com/isis.htm)

and others

mickey
07-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Here's one we all missed,

HAWAII Five 0 --"Book'em Dano"

Another: Wonder Woman

Oso,

That Isis chick is foine.

mickey

BM2
07-08-2005, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=Becca]How about Black Sheep Squadron? Any body remember that one? It was my favorite. I was absolutly hartbroke when I found out the real Pappy was already dead... :(

Major Gregory Boyington, USMC
24 confirmed kills, 4 probables

He died on 11 January 1988 from cancer in Fresco, CA.

He started flying combat with the American Voulteer Group better known as "Flying Tigers" in China 1941. Later he was either thrown out or left on his own due to his alocholism. Put together VMF-214 from the pilot pool. He was a POW after being shot down near Rabaul.
Following the end of WWII, he couldn't keep a job because of his drinking. He became a referee for professional wrestling. Later he did get his life together and worked on the TV show "Baa Baa Black Sheep".
His book "Baa Baa Black Sheep" was published in or around 1957, I believe. I really enjoyed it.
Others that knew him said he loved to drink and fight.

mickey
07-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi BM2,

Are you talking about Baa Baa Black Sheep (I think this was the original title. Then it changed to Black Sheep Squadron) that starred Robert Conrad? I remember that one but I don't think I watched an episode.

Duh, I should have read your entire post.

mickey

BM2
07-09-2005, 04:27 AM
Aluminum ice trays with the handle.
Anything made in Japan was junk.

cam
07-09-2005, 05:16 AM
The Moon Landing

Apollo 13

Ou Ji
07-09-2005, 09:16 AM
TV remotes that operated on sound waves like a tuning fork.

Bonomo Turkish Taffy. Freeze it, smack it on a hard surface, then open and eat the pieces.

Commando Cody. Had a rocket pack on his back. Cool cliffhanger series from the '50s. I especially liked decoding the clue for the next episode.

Clackers were another brand of the balls on a string.

Day one of MTV. Nina Blackwood, mmmmmm. Creative tin foils sculptures trying to get HBO in the clear.

Transister radios.

You remember when AM radio was cool.

The Farmers Daughter.

Dobie Gillis.How many know who played Maynard G. Krebs?

Beatniks. Or Hippies for that matter. I mean real Hippies.

SifuAbel
07-09-2005, 10:18 AM
...when you watch MTV and you find the bands contribed, talentless and too cutsey teen agnst to bare.

Its like, " Look at me, I'm young with a retro hair do, playing the same chord over and over again...........la la la"

Boring

Oso
07-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Day one of MTV. Nina Blackwood, mmmmmm. Creative tin foils sculptures trying to get HBO in the clear.

Transister radios.

I have to go with Martha Quinn myself but I hear ya.

For me it was trying to get the round channel changing dial on the cable box to stick between 35 and 36 so the Playboy channel would come in...it was still fuzzy but it was fuzzy nekkid chicks.

I used to listen to some show out of Chicago at night on my AM transistor radio...I was in Richmond VA.

Royal Dragon
07-09-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm suprised none has mentioned Benny Hill, and Montey Python yet.

And of course "On TV" on Chanel 44 in Chicago.

I watched what was supposed to be the last "Who" concert on that.

For those that don't know, "On Tv" was a scrambled TV chanel. You had to rent the descrambler to see anything other than fuzzy lines...unless you were a geek, and built one from parts you bought at Radio Shack...so you could see the adult movies late at night... :D

SifuAbel
07-09-2005, 01:38 PM
If you grew up in the 80's you really shouldn't be posting on this thread.

You know you're getting old when you laugh at 20-somethings who think they have the wisdom of years thing under their belt. Because you're over 40 and you know that nothing is ****her from the truth.

Lord!! This happening to me over at Bullshido!!!!!!!!

rogue
07-09-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm late into the game but things I remeber growing up in NY...
Captain Scarlet, Diver Dan, Jonny Quest, the Mike Douglas Show, Captain Ked, PF Flyers, the NY Worlds Fair, the 4:30 Movie, Officer Joe Bolton, Cap't Jack McCarthy, Soupy Sales, Tex Antoine, WABC, WINS before it was a news station, Imus when he was cool, Jackie Gleason from Miami Beach FL, Ed Sullivan, Johnny Carson in NY, Candid Camera, Playboy After Dark, Chiller Theater, Swanson TV dinners in aluminum trays, and the days when it was OK to go into school with this (http://www.bigredtoybox.com/articles/johnnyeagleindex.shtml).

Other signs that you're getting older...
The girls in playboy could be your daughter.
The girls in playboy could be your daughters daughter
You start to check the obituaries of your home town paper
A MILF is now your WIFE
It's a crapshoot if you do either a quickie or an all nighter and no longer a choice.
You see celebrities on TV and don't know who they are.
What you wore in HS is now on an Old Navy commercial.

Dobie Gillis.How many know who played Maynard G. Krebs? Bob Denver.

The Farmers Daughter. Inga Stevens

The Moon Landing
Apollo 13
How about Gemini?

http://www.tvparty.com/lostny2bolton.html

BM2
07-09-2005, 08:29 PM
The Moon Landing
Apollo 13
How about Gemini?

How about the big deal it was everytime a rocket went up? 10..9...8...7...6?
How about seeing the three orange parachutes on the capsuel when they came back and everyone watched with their families and the astrunaunts were all Heros?
Remember that they were quaranteed when they came back just to make sure they didn't have anything?

Dragnet
Please don't the Daisies.
Has UnderDog been mentioned?
Anyone recall the Funky Chicken!!!! That was about the only dance I could do besides the bump. :o

cam
07-10-2005, 04:55 AM
How about Tiny Tim?

rogue
07-10-2005, 07:27 AM
How about Miss Vickie?
Top Cat, Courageous Cat, **** Tracy, Terry and the Pirates, My Mother the Car, Supercar, Car 54 Where Are You?, Route 66, 77 Sunset Strip, Dark Shadows, Joe Franklin, Combat, Branded, The Rifleman (that was sweet), Wonderama (Sonny Fox, Sandy Becker, Bob McCalister), The Wonderful World of Disney with Walt Disney, TV channels going off of the air at night, the 6AM Farm Report being the first show after the test pattern.

BAI HE
07-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Wild Kingdom, The Hudson Bros., Sonny and Cher, The Lawrence Welk show...
Remember when bad musical variety shows ruled the airwaves...

rogue
07-10-2005, 03:13 PM
The Hudson Brothers, first played over the summer. I thought that it was funny.

SifuAbel
07-10-2005, 04:17 PM
When you can remember all these things from 30 years ago, yet you can't remember what you did with your car keys. :eek:

Ou Ji
07-10-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm losing track (another sign you're getting old) but has anyone mentioned F Troop?

Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Greenjeans

Howdy Doodie

Bufffalo Bob

Sheri Lewis and Lambchop

rogue
07-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Greenjeans
Howdy Doodie Bob Keeshan was both Clarabell the Clown on Doodie and of course the good Captain K.
I've sort of been to his house and got to go in his pool.

Ou Ji
07-10-2005, 05:17 PM
I've been to Buffalo Bob's place years ago. No pool.

SifuAbel
07-10-2005, 05:23 PM
the 6AM Farm Report being the first show after the test pattern.

WOW thats a doozy.

In Miami, it was the ocean radar for fisherman.

rogue
07-10-2005, 05:51 PM
And this was maybe 25 miles outside of NYC. Now that's a looooong time ago. :eek:

BAI HE
07-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Space 1999, the Man from Atlantis (TV Movie), the Six million Dollar man...
Dark Shadows, Speed Racer, The Original Pink Panther Cartoons...
The original infomercial to by the first run set of "Star Wars" action figures .

You got your Chocolate in my peanut butter (Resse's)

Mon Chi Chi Commercials...

Those were the days.

rogue
07-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Hey pal, I already listed Dark Shadows! :mad: :D

I-Spy, The Man From U.N.C.L.E, The Girl From U.N.C.L.E, Honey West, Wild Wild West, Peter Gunn, Have Gun Will Travel, Time Tunnel, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (the Seaview and the Flying Sub were awesome), Land of the Giants, Batman (when it was on twice a week), Green Hornet, Star Trek, U.F.O., The Mothers Inlaw, Gidget, any of the Dean Martin shows.

Great catch on Space:1999!

marcus_pasram
07-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey man,

Saw your note and tried to send u a message. Hope everything is ok w/ you? Whats up with your webby?

Anyone mentioned the Bugaloos, Pink Panther, Tom & Jerry? Feeling your age when your nephew doesn't know who Michael Jordan is :confused: , or remember when Ollie North COULDN'T remember :)

/Marcus

SifuAbel
07-10-2005, 08:15 PM
BUGALOO'S !!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!,

It is amazing how much TV defines our generation.

I already got Space:1999 and by the looks of it it will be more like space 2299

BM2
07-10-2005, 09:32 PM
http://www.thestatenislandboys.com/U_thrill_me/index.htm

Since I am just a youngling of 44, some these would go back to Golden Tiger days to recall ;)
GT, just seeing if you were reading this thread :p

Ou Ji
07-11-2005, 06:26 AM
Bummer on #3 at that link. I was a latch key kid. Actually my mom only gave me a key because she got tired of me breaking into the house.

Remember looking up a number in the phone book in a phone booth?

Remember when t-shirts weren't allowed in school and you got in trouble if your shirt tail was out?

Button fly bell bottom jeans and P Jackets?

Remember swinging by the local service station to use their air hose to pump up the tires for free? Remember service stations?

Edit: Oops, wrote that last one before reading the rest of the link.

Phone numbers with a word prefix! - guess I am getting old and I still remember it was Diamond 9.

Ming Yue
07-11-2005, 07:47 AM
Bai He you got the Mon Chi Chi tune stuck in my head!! You s uck!!
:D

lots of good stuff here, has been posted before but deserves a repost:

RetroJunk.com (http://www.retrojunk.com)

brothernumber9
07-11-2005, 12:05 PM
..... If you know who Phyllis Diller is (since someone mentioned the bugaloos).

SifuAbel
07-11-2005, 12:45 PM
This a classic ," tobacco CEO's are going to hell".

Big league Chews (http://66.98.238.14/~retro/media/11dqojw/bigleague.wmv)

SifuAbel
07-11-2005, 12:50 PM
This gem shows us our first real glimps of "da man" . He looks like a cross between superrman, mike hammer and a NAMBLA memeber all rolled into on. A real GOV superhero.

Litter (http://66.98.238.14/~retro/media/11dqojw/psa-litter.wmv)

SifuAbel
07-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Here's the theme from chuck norris karate commandos cartoon. I bleep you not!!!

chucky's theme (http://66.98.238.14/~retro/media/11dqojw/karate-kommandos-theme.mp3)

fa_jing
07-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Great call on BigWheel and Lincoln Logs. I was born in '74

I'll see that and raise you a "Weeble Wobbles"

"Battle of the Planets"

Play-Doh

the family that turned into spaceships, live action.

fa_jing
07-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Julia Child

The Muppets TV show

Ou Ji
07-11-2005, 02:19 PM
1974? You're not old, my son is older than you.

Try Slinky.

Anybody have the bubble gum cards that when you collect the whole set and put them in order you can flip through them and watch a show. I had the Wolfman transforming.

I also had issue #1 of Spiderman but my 2nd Grade teacher took it from me and I didn't get it back after class.

Anyone remember 10 and 12 cent comics?

Oso
07-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Not quite...I came in about .25 I think.

I had a bunch of spidey and I think the first run of Daredevil. DD was the heat.
Then my sister set the house on fire, accidentally....I think, and lost them all.

rogue
07-11-2005, 06:35 PM
10 and 12 cent comics like the first several issues of the Uncanny X-Men? Too bad I didn't keep them in better shape. I have the first year of Ghost Rider, Kamandi, New Gods, Nick Fury Agent of SHEILD, and a tons more. For whatever reason mom gave away all my classic GI Joes but kept all of my comics. I still have my collection of The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu which was a magazine with articles on KF films, reprints of Iron Fist and Shang Chi and first run stories of the White Tiger or some such thing.

Button fly bell bottom jeans and P Jackets? P jackets were itchy, and of course you went through the joy of trying to unbutton those button ups while having to pee real bad. Getting those elephant bells caught in your bike chain was also a hassle.

Oso, Daredevil still rocks.

mickey
07-11-2005, 06:45 PM
rogue,

Then you would remember "Sons of the Tiger." That was the only series that looked like a kung fu movie.

I remember calling the Fu Jow Pai in the early 70's to find out their monthly rate: $18.00 a month.

mickey

BM2
07-11-2005, 07:26 PM
I had a XLCH Harley which was kick start only and right hand (foot) shift . My big bell Levi's used to get caught on the rear foot peg and rip the side out of them.
Bacon's was the last store to have those Levi Big Bells. I bought out the last 5 or so jeans and my wife to be about died. Nobody wore those anymore in the '80s :rolleyes:
You were only cool if you wore big bells that were thread bare, three inches too long in the inseam so that you walked on them and were covered with patches holding them together.

David Jamieson
07-12-2005, 05:10 AM
1974? You're not old, my son is older than you.

Try Slinky.

Anybody have the bubble gum cards that when you collect the whole set and put them in order you can flip through them and watch a show. I had the Wolfman transforming.

I also had issue #1 of Spiderman but my 2nd Grade teacher took it from me and I didn't get it back after class.

Anyone remember 10 and 12 cent comics?

How old are you dude? lol I mean #1 spiderman??? I paid 150$ for a replica of that first issue (Fantastic 4 # something or other was where spiderman first appeared) in and around 1972!!! And I was just a kid!

So you must be at least 50 something or something. lol

cam
08-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Sorry for bringing up this old post but after I had sent a pm to Chris Jurak and was completely confused on how to reply I came to a frightening realization.
I understand computers about as good as my late mom!
AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

brothernumber9
08-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Not to be a Nerd but Amazing Fantasy #15 was the first appearance of Spider Man. I have some 10 and 12c comics, I didn't start collecting until they were 25c. so I am not that old. But at least in regards to Kung Fu i would say anyone who started learning mid 80's or earlier is old school. At least in general. I know there's pleny of guys and gals that have learned since the 70's but certainly not that many from the 60's, at least not American people.

SPJ
08-12-2005, 08:25 PM
In the middle of doing a long form in front of a huge audience, you got distracted and forgot your connecting move.

When you find out, it takes so much longer for your injury to heal.

:eek: