PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Throwing knives

lotusleaf
10-19-2001, 06:26 AM
I have recently gotten into knife throwing and acquired a 3 set 6.5" knives. When I throw, I throw holding the blade but whenever I throw by the handle, it never lands. Also how do I get more power throwing underhand? And one more question: How do I sharpen them? I've heard that sharpening them might throw off the balance.

SifuAbel
10-19-2001, 12:11 PM
buy some books on the subject.

Are you immortal?

sifuabel@yahoo.
com

Ish
10-19-2001, 02:01 PM
You can throw them holding either the handle or the blade, if your only throwing them a short distance its easier to holt the handle. To get more power throwing underarm just practice with a heavy ball or stones. you loose a lot of accuracy if you throw underarm tho. My knives are fine and i've sharpened them a couple of times bit i would imagine if the weight is out a bit just file the handle down a bit.

EARTH DRAGON
10-19-2001, 09:19 PM
You should never sharpen throwing knives they are soley for the purpose of throwing so the only thing that should ever be filed is the extreem tip. For this is all that should ever come in contact with the target. This can be done with a small sharpening stone. But just the tip, the sides and yoke and handle should be smooth and not filed for obvious reasons and as you said and to keep the weight distribution even through flight.

http://www.kungfuUSA.net