PDA

View Full Version : Wing chun+competing

negativecr33p
07-07-2005, 07:07 PM
I'd appreciate any info anyone has on wing chun competing in any kind of full contact fighting. Verifiable info would be best, I.e. links. This is just out of curiosity...also if anyone has a link to the winner of "cage rage" who was recently quoted here as saying he used principles from wing chun, that would be awsome.

Thanks

lawrenceofidaho
07-07-2005, 08:11 PM
See the "WT in UFC??" thread here:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35631&highlight=WT+UFC

-Lawrence

negativecr33p
07-08-2005, 03:20 AM
Uhmmm yes, I see that. But it's almost 6 months old. And it only talks about 3 wing chun competitors who lost? I was really looking for verifiable info on the wing chun competitors who have been winning recently, which discussed in a previous thread.

anerlich
07-08-2005, 06:21 AM
The infor on my academy's MMA successes has been taken down, but you can read about our successes in the Tasmanian Machado BJJ titles. "Academy" link in my .sig.

Uhmmm yes, I see that. But it's almost 6 months old. And it only talks about 3 wing chun competitors who lost? I was really looking for verifiable info on the wing chun competitors who have been winning recently, which discussed in a previous thread.

I suppose harda$$es like yourself fight in the ring every week, so something that happened 6 months ago is ancient history :rolleyes:

Losing is no disgrace., unlike saying your style is too deadly for competition.

Why does it have to be "verifiable"? You think everyone's lying or something? What exactly is your angle?