PDA

View Full Version : Best Dit Da Jow

Club Kozak
07-08-2005, 05:55 PM
What Dit Da Jow brand do you guys think is the best?

Dale Dugas
07-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Are you talking brands that you can find OTC in Chinese herbal stores or are you talking the various brands that are available from martial arts supplies stores and individuals who have the knowledge and are selling to the public?

Personally I have tried many and have found the jows offered by Shen martial arts on ebay stores to be one of the better premade jows on the market. They offer a variety of jows from authentic sources with proof of authenticity to back it up. I know they also sell herbs to make your own as well.

Give him a look see and see for yourself that the quality is there for the buck. He has Gm Doo Wai's Iron Palm formula. Not that con/traitor lacys version which is nothing but simple dit da for bruises.

I wholeheartedly recommend Shen Martial Arts brand jows.

Look him up on ebay.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

Three Harmonies
07-08-2005, 11:11 PM
I make and sell Mike Biggies formula which is in my opinion the best hands down. Tried tons and nothing matches up like this one!
Cheers
Jake Burroughs :cool:

Mukei
07-09-2005, 10:04 AM
I Totaly Agree ...... Mike Biggie Has the best selection of Formulas ..... His herbs are top grade , and he Has the Best Dit dow jow you well ever see ..... i have been around the states , Looking and compareing my self , and For the amount you get and you will be very pleased .... Hope toi hear from you all ..... Mukei

shirkers1
07-09-2005, 01:30 PM
I also agree mike biggies jow is the best I've ever tried... He has plenty of formulas as well so not just the same ol stuff.. Contact him for info on different types of bruise, and iron palm... He doesn't just make the jows.. he actually knows what each ingrediant is that goes into the jow and what it's purpose is so very informative about what he's producing. Highly recommended individual to get your jow from.

yu shan
07-14-2005, 08:11 AM
I was introduced to Mike Biggies bruising jow by Jake Burroughs. In all my years this is by far the best. We do alot of two-person training and conditioning leaving sometimes harsh bruising. It is amazing how quick and effective it works. As a matter of fact, just placed a call to Mike.

PlumDragon
07-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Hi all,

Just joined yesterday and saw this thread so I figured Id give my input:

Ive been making jow for my personal use over the last several years and due to demand I have actually started selling it. I make a cool jow (general purpose) and a warm jow (for conditining liek iron palm), as well as a couple more specific recipes.

Ive spent my time studying the herbs in a multitude of different jows. Theoretically, *most* jow out there will do its job. The herbal recipes are all fairly sound (although I think mine are better) and strikingly similar--Almost every jow out there has Frankincense and Myrrh...Almost every jow has Dragons Blood, etc etc...Out of 15 recipes, youll probably find a total of only 40 herbs. The problem I see with most jow is *how* they make it, how they store it, how they bottle it. Never buy jow that comes in plastic bottles. Look down at jow that is strained--The jow cannot continue to gain potency if they strain the herbs off when bottling it. IMO, be weary of alledged "secret" recipes. There is nothing secret about the dialectic theory behind how herbal remedies work. Be weary about jow that is sold without remarks as to how long it has aged, or if an effort to agitate the jow often has not been made.

Hope that helps some in making a decision. If youre interested, I offer good prices and, IMO, the most scrutinized carefully made concoction out there. My web page is at:
http://www.knology.net/~therin/PlumDragon.html
If not, then hopefulyl this will have helped you weed out the ok stuff and find the really good stuff! ;)

Dale Dugas
07-14-2005, 01:59 PM
No offence PD but your prices are outta sight for the amount of jow you sell. Laoshi Mike Biggie gives you herbs that makes at least 2 gallons of jow for the money he charges. You can contact him at Mantisbxr@aol.com

Do the math and Laoshi Mike Biggie, and his herbs take the cake hands down. He also has a multitude of formulae that he will sell you not just a "generic" dit da jow.

Iron palm medicine is totally different than the basic herbs used in dit da jow. Your not really looking to cure bruises but to pull the qi through the body into the hands, arms, shins, or body to where its needed. Of course there is a low level bruise fighting application of herbs in there, but more of the herbs are for opening the channels and moving qi. Be careful with "hot" formulae as some can actually create a heat condition in the body. But then you know this, right? Would not want you to get people hurt as a result of your business venture.

There are also processes one can use on specific herbs(that are a total pain the arse to do) but make the herbs act in a more powerful action. Vinegar and wine soaks accompanied by frying is very common in many old school Gwoons. Its a dying art, dit da and Im very lucky to have studied with some excellent people.

I agree with you on some points but not the generic one jow is good for all. Hence the multitude of jows you find. Different regions of China where different herbs were available as well as different formulae for different body parts.

I have jows for the head and neck, chest only, waist only, back, legs only, etc...

I'm in the middle of writing an article about herbs and the usage in conditioning. I will share it with all when its done and submitted.

Welcome to KFO.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

PlumDragon
07-14-2005, 02:22 PM
No offence PD but your prices are outta sight for the amount of jow you sell. Laoshi Mike Biggie gives you herbs that makes at least 2 gallons of jow for the money he charges. You can contact him at Mantisbxr@aol.com

Do the math and Laoshi Mike Biggie, and his herbs take the cake hands down. He also has a multitude of formulae that he will sell you not just a "generic" dit da jow that you seem to onlyoffer.

Iron palm medicine is totally different than the basic herbs used in dit da jow. Your not really looking to cure bruises but to pull the qi through the body into the hands, arms, shins, or body to where its needed. Of course there is a low level bruise fighting application of herbs in there, but more of the herbs are for opening the channels and moving qi.

I agree with you on some points but not the generic one jow is good for all. Hence the multitude of jows you find. Different regions of China where different herbs were available as well as different formulae for different body parts.

I have jows for the head and neck, chest only, waist only, back, legs only, etc...

Welcome to KFO.
Thanks for the welcome Dale! =)

We will always have differences in opinion, I can certainly respect that. But let me reply to some things, as I think you have some misconceptions:

I offer 1/2 gallon and gallon mixtures that are right along side any other supplier in price. The difference is that mine is already mixed, and has had atleast 6 months to cure. The herbs are the cheap part of making the jow, really. If I were in the business fo selling "herbs", I could offer 1 gallon kits for probably $10. But thats not what I do. The alcohol is what raises the cost alot. As for the 2 ounce $10 bottle, its also priced at about what other people sell that size for. Its posted mainly because that (and the 4 ounce) are the size that most people like to buy, and for what it is, its a good price. But like I said, I offer premade large quantities as well...

My jow isnt "just" generic. The cool jow is what most people need, and use. its a well balanced mixture that means you dont have to run to your local herbalist to have a specific diagnosis done. The warm jow is constructed specifically for iron palm exercises and has the correct combination of herbs. Also, if you look over the website again, youll notice that I *do* offer specialized herbal remedies, as well as recipes from a variety of styles of martial arts. I have a background in TCM and am fully aware of what each of the herbal combinations does and how well it does it. I know they work, and so do the people that use what I give them. In the end, Ive never used a jow that "doesnt work"...Just some are better than others. The details that we will argue on will be part of paradigms, which most of the time, arent really objective. I try to stay away from those.

At any rate, if youd like to discuss it more, I surely would love to, as long as we keep it civil. I lok forward to a stimulating discussion! ;)